It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you seen a dog headed man?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I thought I would post a thread based on a sighting by a very close friend of mine of a creature best described as a, well, dog headed man. After being told of my friends experience I did a little research and was amazed to discover the amount of history these creatures have, especially considering the lack of coverage given to them. First I'd like to give you the details of the sighting then give you a little of what I have found out about these mysterious creatures and throw it open to you to share any experiences, knowledge or opinions you may have.
The sighting happened about twenty years back in a suburb of Birmingham, England called King's Norton. My friend, who we will call Dave, was around twenty two years old and he relayed the story to me about two years after it happened. Dave was a very straight chap, not at all interested in mysteries, paranormal topics, UFOs etc and was well known for his honesty. He knew I was interested in such matters and one night told me he wanted to share something he hadn't talked about with anyone before.
His story starts with him coming home from a night out with friends in Birmingham city centre, although he had been drinking he stressed he was not drunk and had a clear head. He got off the night service bus at Kings Norton Green and decided to cut through a large playing field, which sits opposite the cemetery at The Green, to the canal at the bottom which would have cut about half an hour off his walk home. It was a clear night with the moon providing a fair amount of light but it was very cold. He started to walk along the path which runs along the edge of the field linking to a small road before you reach the canal that runs onto a main road.
After walking about a quarter of the length he glanced to his left and saw a very tall man walking parallel with him across the other side of the field, he estimated that the guy was about seven to eight foot tall which made him look a little more carefully, whilst still walking. He noticed to his surprise the guy had what appeared to be the head of an Alsatian dog. At first he thought maybe it was a mask of some sort but as he looked he could see the creatures breath coming from its snout (it was very cold) and there seemed to be a fluid movement as it walked, not the stiff neck you'd expect from a mask placed over a mans head.
The creature was wearing a long, dark coat and never looked in Dave's direction. Dave panicked a little at this point (he's exact phrase was his arse was chewing toffee!) and decided to speed up his pace, which he did. He glanced again to his left and was alarmed to see the DHM had matched his pace but stayed on a parallel course. He stayed calm and continued his brisk walk observing the DHM from the corner of his eye, if the thing changed it's direction he would run but he still hoped it was all a bad dream or a hoax.
At the bottom instead of crossing the brook that runs along the base of the field leading to the canal he cut right up the small road, just before he reached the road he broke into a sprint and looked fully at he DHM to see what it would do. It kept pace with him but didn't appear to be running again maintaining it's parallel course. It stepped over the brook like you would a small puddle at which time Dave had to turn his back making the sprint to the main road. He said that was the worst part, imagining this thing was right at his back.
At last he reached the main road with a fair bit of traffic to build his confidence and turned to see if this thing had followed him. It was nowhere to be seen. That's pretty much what he told me, although I will add he was almost in tears as he told me and was shaking, to be honest so was I.
I didn't put a great deal into it until about ten years back when I was living in Australia and posted his story on a thread in the Fortean Times forum, which the mods then attached to a thread already running with a number of people talking about their experiences with these dog headed men, often in large industrial cities in the UK.
This got me into trying to find out as much as I could about these creatures. The first account I could find was obviously Annubis, the Egyptian god of the underworld, then there's mention of them in Christian lore with Saint Christopher said to have been a dog headed man. Jesus was said to have cured a dog headed man from it's cannibalistic nature and there was rumour that Prestor Johns kingdom had a tribe of dog headed men. Marco Polo talks of an island full of DHM and historian Herodotus mentions them in his Histories. Pliny talks of them in his Natural history and Columbus talks of dog headed people in his New World journeys. Then of course there is the legends of werewolves. What does it all mean? Please share your thoughts and feelings.

[edit on 8-5-2010 by SOXMIS]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Have you seen a dog headed man?

Does my ex-husband count?

No, really, all kidding aside - could you please edit your post and put in some paragraph breaks and such? I'm going blind trying to read it and I'd like to get through your post without going permanently cross-eyed. I'm sure others would appreciate it too!

EDIT: MUCH BETTER! THANKS TONS!

And believe you me, I got goose bumps from this one. Scary stuff that! Can't wait to see what others think about this... (I'm going to check on where my ex was at the time)

Thanks again

[edit on 8-5-2010 by silo13]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Silo you splitter, making me work! I did break it into paragraphs, I've just tried to edit it three times and even put a space between each paragraph but it still looks the same, what am I doing wrong?!?

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I think what your friend sow is basically a kind of Jinn or Djinn.
As far as I know some of them have the ability to impersonate a human body but part of them has to resemble an animal.

I remember my cousin and his wife encountered such a creature when they were traveling by car and had to cross some kind of a dessert. they were stopped by a women who wanted a lift. When she got in the car they sow that she had hoofs instead of normal human being legs they were scared out of their minds but couldn't do anything but take her to her distention.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by sallamy
I think what your friend sow is basically a kind of Jinn or Djinn.

Or a Alien.
Or a hallucination.
Or a mutant creature /werewolf.
Or an elaborate hoax/costume.
Or a dream.
Or ancient Egyptian something.

Trying to guess at what it was, is like shooting in the dark.

I hope that story is not true though lol.

I would not be surprised if it was though. Which is scary as hell.

Would make a Great Movie concept though. IMO.

I think deep down inside, we humans have a natural fear of creatures like this that runs deep to our core.

Consider this, if you show a baby kitten a shadow of a hawk (and they have never seen any birds before), they will become agitated, restless, and possibly freak the heck out.

I think this creature is the hawk. And we are the kitten.

I am just speculating here. Very fun story. I actually felt fear myself at the part where the guy darts to the road, nice one!

If fake , kudos on the imagination.
If true , holy crap thats scary!

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
This story gives me chills because I have had multiple friends who have similar stories to this. One even drew a picture of it.

I will get back to you on this later.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   

I remember my cousin and his wife encountered such a creature when they were traveling by car and had to cross some kind of a dessert. they were stopped by a women who wanted a lift. When she got in the car they sow that she had hoofs instead of normal human being legs they were scared out of their minds but couldn't do anything but take her to her distention.

I feel like I am sitting around a campfire and you guys are trying to freak me out lol

That stuff is just nuts! Hooves!

Did you ask her, "Ma'am I have something to say. Baaaah" ?

If that story is true, I wonder how she would have reacted to such a comment....I would not dare try that though. I'd probably have a heart attack.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I've never seen a dog headed man. However I had a dream this morning where a man had the head of a dog. I have no idea why and I don't remember very much of the dream. I remember I met other "people" with at least one or two other types of animal heads in my dreams this morning.

I would typically just forget about it and think it was just another weird dream that doesn't mean anything until I saw your post on here. I never dreamed that anyone actually thought such creatures were real. Of course I have heard about mythical creatures that were half horse and half human so I have wondered if it could be possible.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

That's true it could be anything!

Once me and a lot of my friends and family were in a gathering and our grand grandmother was setting with us. She is incapable of setting or moving by herself but out of the blue she moved and sat like a guy on another chair next to us and spoke with a very harsh masculine kinda voice. We were ALL SHOCKED and scared and most of us left the room but I stayed with the few. It was about 8 years ago as I recall. He was actually very fun to talk to, joked a lot and said that he came to warn my friend not to marry the guy she was supposed to get married to soon. She didn't take him seriously and her husband turned out to be one heck of a wacko.

I cant really explain that till now, it can't be true that all of us were hallucinating unless someone slipped mushrooms in our food

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by orionthehunter

What are the odds of that?

That you had a dream of a DHM the same morning it was posted on ATS ?

That is like one in a billion.

Either you are all pulling my leg (hoove haha) ,
or there is some crazy Universal synchronization going on here that is just beyond comprehension.

This is unexplained by modern thought/understanding ; so although I am skeptical, I am open minded.

And I just love the stories

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   

I have seen so much in my life that I have some kind of immunity towards such beings considering my family camps in inhabited deserts a lot, I have been told many times that they feed on your fear or negative energy. So now when I encounter such a thing I just say #@$@ off and go back to what ever I'm doing and poof they r gone lol

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   

I cant really explain that till now, it can't be true that all of us were hallucinating unless someone slipped mushrooms in our food

I don't believe in group hallucinations. That's impossible imo.

There is no way drugs can make 2 people see the exact same thing. No way.

If it really happened, it happened.

Now, I would like to tell a story You Reminded Me of! lol.

Like 5 or 6 years ago soon after I met my wife. We were sleeping one morning and I could swear she woke me up all of the sudden.

She was mumbling something in a super deep voice, that scared the living hell of out me. As I woke up I was like pushing / shaking her yelling STOP!!!

And she just was flabby like a sleeping person.

But I swear she made that super deep voice like a demon or something.
She was clearly 100% asleep.

I was asleep- when I heard the first part, but immediately woke up in panic/fear so I did catch the last part, It didn't sound English.

She doesn't believe me.

I even question myself it was so weird and freaky. Never seen or heard her do it since though. So I've stayed with her and pretty much forgot about that messed up freaky morning.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I've never seen a dog-headed man; however, I have seen lots of people who look like their dog.....we call them "bowsers"

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c285ab1743d8.jpg[/atsimg]

Sorry, I couldn't resist the comedic opportunity.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by sallamy

HOLY POOP!

seriously though, i am native american, and we have a creture similar to that. it is a man with hooves, called Hoofman
, ok he is a supernatural being, and we still have sightings of him today! my father even saw him one time, he gave Hoofman a ride, and dropped him off in the middle of nowhere by his consent. uuugghhh just thinking about him scares me!

and i have never heard of a dog headed man, outside of Anubis, which was the first thing that popped into my head, then i remembered when i was reading Histories! holy crap!

so obviously, these cannot be a hoax, especially when you said that he had a fluid movement and could match a man's running pace by walking. (btw, Hoofman could match a car going 70-80 walking)

holy crap S+F especially because you brought actual cryptozoologyand not another thread on bigfoot.

link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

Comedy??

That stuff is even scarier Aggie!!!

Weird stuff!

link   

Same with my great grandma she didn't remember anything after that. Try to not be scared next time it's exactly what they want and expect from you I know it's really hard but still accomplishable.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by LocoHombre

HOLY POOP!

seriously though, i am native american, and we have a creture similar to that. it is a man with hooves, called Hoofman
, ok he is a supernatural being, and we still have sightings of him today! my father even saw him one time, he gave Hoofman a ride, and dropped him off in the middle of nowhere by his consent. uuugghhh just thinking about him scares me!

(btw, Hoofman could match a car going 70-80 walking)

Ok now I am really getting weirded out.

You guys are seriously messing with me now!!

Hoofman!!!

But their story was of old grandma-hoof!!

Why do they always want a Ride?? Whats that about? Do they get tired of running that easily?

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   

I have to thank the OP for this story and sharing. I would be freaked out to death, and as he said, "his arse was chewing toffee!" - BTW, never heard that saying before

I don't deny that he believed this thing was real, there have been some real scary experiences and stories out there.... Some, however on this post have made me crack up. Please, no offense to anybody but so far "The Hoof Chick" takes 1st place. (Edit: Wait a minute, Hoofman - Nah, probably just Ned Flanders playing the Devil on a Halloween Episode). Muzz's wife's deep voice also had me crack up.

(PS - please don't anyone be discouraged to share, some of us here are just having a little ATS fun)

[edit on 8-5-2010 by TortoiseKweek]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by sallamy

ok, posessions now, holy crap. so the wife must have been posessed by an evil spirit, idk which kind. it would help if there were discernable words so i could try to place the language or origin.

the grandma is even freakier! especially that it predicted the future, and that she did not remember a thing! omg this is a great thread!

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   

no i am not messing with you. this is a legend that has been passed down from generation to generation. idk why they want a ride, but they ask people for them a lot. ugh im shaking

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join