It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Slightly nervous about 8th June

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 10:22 PM
link   
It's the transit of Venus.

I'm not a big astrology fan but in a similar way SO referenced numerology to attacks could Al Qaeda see this date as an auspicious date to attack.

It is also 2 days before an important election in the UK.Madrid was a few days before their general election.This is our local and European elections which is expected to be used by British voters to give a shot across the bows to Blair over Iraq.To big a defeat for him and it could spell the beginning of the end for him.

This transit and the next in 2012 give the feeling of the beginning and end of something momentous.Will bin Laden use this date for psychological impact ?

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 04:51 PM
link   
As we shall see, the transit of Venus is for astronomy fans and not astrology fans.

At ATS I have read a lot of bollocks about the congruence of events and all that is meant to happen today. But it's just another working day, except for people in parts of the world where the transit can be seen with the naked eye, other than on TV or the web.

It's as fascinating as when Mars moved - just a few months back - in its closest arc for 60,000 years, but really Mars was more interesting to look at in how it changed the night sky for days.

My vote for ATS comment of the month on the transit (author's name excluded): "Venus will pass in front of the moon".

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 05:03 PM
link   
well before all this asteroid, aussiebloke hoax stuff came about, June 8th was still a date of questionable importance as pertaining to possible terrorist activity due to numerology and such. I personally feel that this event will affect some people negatively and cause them to do things they might have been on the fence about... like i mentioned in another thread, a jihadist in the middle east without knowledge of astronomy might look to the sky and see it as a sign from god and act upon it.

and it's not just the uneducated jihadists i am worried about, I am worried about the Christian fanatics who desperately want to see this as a sign for their religion and want to bring about the end of the world.

TPL

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
well before all this asteroid, aussiebloke hoax stuff came about, June 8th was still a date of questionable importance as pertaining to possible terrorist activity due to numerology and such. I personally feel that this event will affect some people negatively and cause them to do things they might have been on the fence about... like i mentioned in another thread, a jihadist in the middle east without knowledge of astronomy might look to the sky and see it as a sign from god and act upon it.

and it's not just the uneducated jihadists i am worried about, I am worried about the Christian fanatics who desperately want to see this as a sign for their religion and want to bring about the end of the world.

Before wondering around blind, i dont thinks it will be that impressive in my opinion, how much of the sun will be blacked out?

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 05:16 PM
link   
In my humble opinion I think this Aussie Bloke hoax was more along the lines of massive disinformation campaign to mask some other event that is about to take place. With the FED pumping 150 billion in cash in the last four weeks in the banks, almost every capital ship in the navy at sea, the signs point to a new war front on terrorist......Iran or N. Korea????

The most amazing thing to this hoax/disinfo is that every movie ever made about comets or astroids hitting earth was on tv this past weekend and for the new two weeks............strange.

At least the transit of Venus should be exciting to watch......

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 05:18 PM
link   
people have been doing this for centuries. ever since man could predict with any kind of accuracy eclipses and heavanly body movements there have been those who have cried that at such and such date while such and such occurance is happening the earth is going to be ripped apart. in fact i remember such a prediction years ago. never happened. no magnetic pole shift, no sudden ice age.

i seriously doubt anything will happen, if it does it better be huge otherwise it could very well be considered coincidence.

people have been doing stupid stuff according what they want to believe. a goat that farts the wrong way may make some muslims followers blame the US and go after us. its just an excuse, they've already had it built in their minds as to what they're going to do, they're just looking for a trigger, any trigger.

BTW most of these terrorists dont put stock in anniversaries like we do. they act according to their own schedule, not ours. while they MAY have caught on to certain holidays or what not they arent overly concerned about acting on a time table but whenever an opportunity presents itself and they're ready to strike. thats the nature of being a terrorist, the unpredictability of it. thats why we havent been able to catch them. its easy to catch a predictable person, its easy to act against a person who makes his intentions but the mad men of the world keep things secret and quiet, they strike on their schedule, not yours.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Well, in Australia its already the 8th, in the UK its the 8th tomorrow and same for you Yanks
, we'll all know soon enough whats going to happen so i reckon everyone should stop stressin over it!!!!!! What will come will come and we'll have to face it when it does... or whatever that sayin is!

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Junk finding:

According to Carl Johan Calleman, The forthcoming Venus Transit will coincide with dramatic changes for Islam; In this new light created by the unification of Venus with the sun, only those aspects of Islam that fully embrace the feminine and the unbelievers will be able to survive.

(www.experiencefestival.com...)

Jihad is good for industry...

I agree with the person who stated to worry about Christian and other fanatics. Hale-Bopp brougt on the cult of "Heaven's Gate" and their spiked Kool-aid (yum), I wonder what the asteroids and Venus in transit will bring to current events?

[edit on 7-6-2004 by 1998OX4]

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 05:50 PM
link   
We'll have to wait to find out. It's only tomorrow.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Well, venus passes infront of the sun, or moon accordin to some misinformed/uneducated fool
thought at 6:30 - 11:30 GMT (UK) Time, so going by my usual sleeping pattern of about 5am-3pm... i should sleep through the entire thing and i usually ignore the phone if it rings *so* if we all do die a horrible and painful death, i wont know about it which is a shame
so, as you can guess... i'm not particulary worried about it, people in America n the far west are'nt gonna be able to see it anyway cos it'll be night wont it? or have i got my times mixed up

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I live in the southeast US & according to the nasa charts it will be visible here from 6:06 to 6:26 am cst. nothing dramatic at all...more like a speck on the sun

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Well, its 2:03pm... and im still alive after sleeping through the all of the transition... and from what i can see there aint been any terrorist threats/activities no meteors and unless i have a pair of wings whilst typing this then im defo alive

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Someone asked how much of the sun will be blacked out....that would be 1/32...whoa who turned out the light?

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Wheh, thank God we dodged that bullet...

Variable

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 08:29 AM
link   
well i watched the live local tv coverage of the event
beautiful images

as for the cosmic dust cloud, I haven't seen it

south florida is cloudy and thunderstorms are predicted for most of the day
it's actually raining right now.

as for the effects of venus on humans....i'm closely watching my husband, he woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 08:39 AM
link   
1/32 feels like a bit of of an over estimate, 1000th seems closer.

I was watching it this afternoon. It was cool in a "look, a small black dot on a big white circle" sort of way...
Then we got bored and started messing with the telescope to see what we could burn holes in.

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Trying to keep up with all this Venus transition stuff has been well more than I can handle but I do have a question.

The Dust cloud passing over, was that proven to be true or not and if so is there a tracking map showing when it will pass?

To me that would be great to see, something from space causing a noticable change, not something to be scared of as much as something to make sure the kids see.

If you know of any resources let all of us know. Besides the whole end of the world aspect I always want to be a witness to these rare events. Then if the world ends, well what can I do about it right...

TPL

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I predicted that is was going to be unimpressive, and i was right for once.

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 02:47 PM
link   
As expected, I missed the whole thing.

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I was thinking the same thing about the woke up o the wrong side of the bed thing. I know I did...the wife did too...in fact everone I talked to today seemed to

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join