It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

List of Unusual Deaths.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Does anyone remember the guy [historically documented] who held heretical beliefs, and was eventually the target of multiple assassinations, but he somehow avoided them all. I remember instances involving poison and being shot at. The outcome of this particular person surviving all this made people fear him and gave him a sublime-like reputation [in the bad way].

"1979: Robert Williams, a worker at a Ford Motor Co. plant, was the first known human to be killed by a robot,[92] after the arm of a one-ton factory robot hit him in the head..[93]"

[edit on 30-5-2010 by Loose Change]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Loose Change

You talking about Castro?

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ghostsoldier

I thought he was referring to Rasputin.

BTW which Castro are you speaking of?

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Ah yes, Rasputin, frightening man.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Oozii

Fidel of course

Where's our answer?

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by ghostsoldier
reply to post by Oozii

Fidel of course

Where's our answer?

Haha, took me awhile, but I got it

....And I think I had a "brain fart"

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Years ago in Scotland there were a spate of suicides in the Scottish press that should not have been of much mainstream consequence but the victims shared a grim methodology in that they all tied a length of rope to a tree, the other end to their necks and then drove off in their cars at high speed.

I cannot remember the number who died in such an awful way but it was enough for people to wonder what on earth was going on.

These ‘pulling’ decapitations were the topic of many conversations for a while in my ‘neck’ (oops) of the woods.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by SmokeJaguar67

Wow thats insane. Talk about whiplash.

And for some odd reason, when you mentioned this event, the first thing that "pop'd in my head" was this incident.

Suicidal Dogs

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   

2010: Muraka Jenny Vearncombe, 42, while walking on a street in Townsville, Australia, was decapitated by a piece of steel pipe. A tractor pulling a commercial lawnmower had run over the pipe, fracturing it, sending pieces flying through the air.

This happened in the town where I live a couple of months ago. I remember thinking at the time how it reminded me of Final Destination. It was such a queer thing to hear.. Btw, I don't think she was decapitated, rather it hit her in the head and she died instantly. It's such a crazy, random thing, it could happen to anybody.

Interesting list
Even if I am now feeling a little weak from reading the more gruesome ones

[edit on 9/6/10 by pretty_vacant]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by pretty_vacant

As your signature says, "Don't Be Weak"

And yeah anything is possible. So many ways that you can perish.

I've read somewhere about a man struck by an icicle falling from a plane that went right into his neck, through his spine and killed him instantly.

Talk about unlucky.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oozii

As your signature says, "Don't Be Weak"

And yeah anything is possible. So many ways that you can perish.

I've read somewhere about a man struck by an icicle falling from a plane that went right into his neck, through his spine and killed him instantly.

Talk about unlucky.

See that sh*t makes me think about the concept of fate. All of these events and circumstances would have had to have been in play, down to the millisecond, for something like that to occur. It's enough to freak anyone out

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Yeah, I know what you mean trust me.
There's even a guy thats been struck by lightning 7 Times on seperate occasions and lives to tell about it. Thats lucky number 7 for you

Man Who Was Struck By Lightning 7 Times

"Roy Sullivan was never killed by lighting - he committed suicide while in his 70's in 1983 reportedly distraught over the loss of a woman.

[edit on 9-6-2010 by Oozii]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   

* 207 BC: Chrysippus, a Greek stoic philosopher, is believed to have died of laughter after watching his drunk donkey attempt to eat figs.[8]

That's how I want to go out.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monger

* 207 BC: Chrysippus, a Greek stoic philosopher, is believed to have died of laughter after watching his drunk donkey attempt to eat figs.[8]

That's how I want to go out.

Lol, Are you sure about that?

I remember watching "1,000 Ways to Die" and they had a skit about a guy who actually died from laughter.

He laughed too much that his heart gave out. I'll try to find some information.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   
^ Salmon, Andrew (2009-5-28). "Jail for couple whose baby died while they raised online child". Seoul: CNN. Retrieved 9 June 2010.

Wow, damnit. I just read that and it ticked me off.

Care more for an object you cannot physically touch, then for your baby child who should a smile on your face.

The good die young. It seems.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   
How about these 3...

(1) Dummy waiter gets stuck near the top floor filled with dirty plates . Electrician sees pulley is jammed with frayed cable. Decides to cut through cable. While lying head first at the bottom floor.

(2) Sticking your head out the window of a front end loader, where the axis is at the back wheel. It hits you in the back of the head and forces your chest against the controls, dropping the load even faster. Off comes the head.

(3) A group of guys steal a safe from a panel-beaters, putting it in the back of a van. Gets chased by cops down motorway. Rolls van off motorway. Nice mess.

(4) A guy jumps in front of train. Gets chopped up and flicked out the back, to be caught by a train going the other way. Seagulls got most of him. Only got half his bodyweight back.

Just a few memorable ones from my experiences to date.

[edit on 11/19/09 by thedeadtruth]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   

I remember watching "1,000 Ways to Die" and they had a skit about a guy who actually died from laughter.

That show is pretty funny. There was one episode where there was a married couple that out of shyness hadn't consummated their marriage for years. When they finally 'did it' they both had heart attacks and died in bed :p

Now THAT is the best way to go.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by DragonsDemesne

That show is pretty funny. There was one episode where there was a married couple that out of shyness hadn't consummated their marriage for years. When they finally 'did it' they both had heart attacks and died in bed :p

Now THAT is the best way to go.

Oh wow, now that is one for the books.

Sheesh they must of been pretty elderly. Lol It could possibly be the best way to go, but that's only if the "you know what"
was good.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Oozii

I don't remember them saying their ages, but the actors looked like they were in their 30s or so. This wikipedia article says they were 'young' and married for 7 years.

en.wikipedia.org...

Scroll down to episode 9, "Ichiboned". There's quite a few amusing unusual deaths described in there.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by DragonsDemesne

A young, shy Japanese couple that had been married for 7 years were too repressed to even consummate their marriage by making love. One day, after a bottle of plum wine, they tried once more, and this time succeeded. Their hearts were not physically ready for such a shock, however, and they both died from cardiac arrest after achieving simultaneous orgasms.

November 21, 1987.

Some time ago. I wonder if there's an article on this which maybe will show the age.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join