It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just humour me for a minute or 2

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Izarith

Totally agree, no one knows what god is, or whether he has a set of rules and regulations that are written by man and put into these "holy" texts.

All we know is that we have compassion, empathy and love as human beings and arguing on whether something we can't prove exists is just going to hold our consiousness and intellgience back.

Peace, love and light

A&A!

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by awake_and_aware
reply to post by silo13

He is logical to speculate there is no god. In science we can only propose theories and hypothesis with workable, observable data.

Where is the data/evidence for GOD except from the secondary source of man in a Bible?

Next question? Do you trust man?.... after all the wars, the lies, the killing, the corruption? I don't. Thats why i am an Atheist.

This is my personal opinion, and again we can only speculate that there is or isn't a god because it is unfalsifiable and unknowable.

Why not use the method taken by mathematicians when proving something is almost impossible. Instead you take the opposite view/theory and if that theory contains contradicitions then the original theory is true (and vice versa).

So are there any contradictions (evidence etc) in the non existance of God? NO, not one. This means that the original theory (God exists) is wrong......oops.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by malcr

There is no evidence to say god DOES NOT exist, but not having evidence for something has never been a reason to believe in it.

It's like me telling you theres a magical wizard that walks around with you but he's invisable and undetectable - i don't have evidence for this claim, but should i expect you to believe it?

Everything is possible, but not everything is probable.

[edit on 8/5/10 by awake_and_aware]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Izarith
reply to post by Esrom Escutcheon Esquire

[quote"Well first we would need to define what God is then we could define what is a god."

So what is God? ...Other than a symbol?

["everything people need to know about who they are, where they came from, and where they are going is under all our noses."]

Your talking about Morals. Some people have a sense of right and wrong, but this is taught in childhood and through lifes basic lessons.
Then applyed by how people see fit.

["We just would rather get distracted by denying our own existence.

Being conscious is one this being aware of your own conscious is what God is made of.
]

Im not denying my existence.
Im saying I dont think there is a God.
My concious is my awareness.
What Im currently thinking is not determined by God.

Dosnt that go against one of the bibles lessons..?
That we're free.

[edit on 8/5/10 by Esrom Escutcheon Esquire]

[edit on 8/5/10 by Esrom Escutcheon Esquire]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   

So what is God? ...Other than a symbol?

God is many different things to many different people. This is because god is not a symbol rather it is a residual self image of yourself.

You ARE God Just like a Muslim extremist is his God or a Jew theirs.

You have just chosen to not Exist, in your mind which to you is the only relevant existing thing on this planet 100% provable to you, you have chosen to not exist, Once you meat sack dies in your mind so do you.

In my mind you will not stop existing upon your bodies death because in my mind we are all sparks of a supreme residual self image.

A symbol is a mechanism that allows your mind to perceive something it could not imagin previously with out the symbol. What we call god is anything but a symbol because God is a residual self image and not universal. It is unique and your own deep down inside.

Your talking about Morals. Some people have a sense of right and wrong, but this is taught in childhood and through lifes basic lessons.
Then applyed by how people see fit.

Morals is what ever you want it to be. Only you chose to be tough something different than what is truly right and wrong. Morals are usually denial of our true intent.

Im not denying my existence.
Im saying I dont think there is a God.
My concious is my awareness.
What Im currently thinking is not determined by God.

But you the only God you know are saying there is no God. It's like saying that there is no life in the universe while being alive in the universe.

Everything has consciousness, but only a few are aware of it and can question why.

What you are thinking is most certainly determined by God. That's the whole point of free will you have the ability to determine your thinking.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Izarith

God is many different things to many different people. This is because god is not a symbol rather it is a residual self image of yourself.

Then God is just a figment of our imagination?
Making up a perception of God as we go along to fit in to the lives of belivers?

You ARE God Just like a Muslim extremist is his God or a Jew theirs.

You have just chosen to not Exist, in your mind which to you is the only relevant existing thing on this planet 100% provable to you, you have chosen to not exist, Once you meat sack dies in your mind so do you.

In my mind you will not stop existing upon your bodies death because in my mind we are all sparks of a supreme residual self image.

Yeah, I exist along with the other few billion people on the planet. And so do the trillions of animals.
If we're all one, how can we kill each other yet not die?

What we call god is anything but a symbol because God is a residual self image and not universal. It is unique and your own deep down inside.

I know I brought up the 'Gods a symbol' thing but, you just said, ''Gods not universal.''
- Isnt God the supreme being?
How can God be unique and your own, when Gods worshiped by millions?
Do they all worship a diffrent God?
Or can you say they worship their selfs?

Morals is what ever you want it to be. Only you chose to be tough something different than what is truly right and wrong. Morals are usually denial of our true intent.

Morals are your personal ethics, I agree its up to you how you conduct yourself.
But its not God telling you what and what-not to do.

But you the only God you know are saying there is no God. It's like saying that there is no life in the universe while being alive in the universe.

Everything has consciousness, but only a few are aware of it and can question why.

What you are thinking is most certainly determined by God. That's the whole point of free will you have the ability to determine your thinking.

So, since im God, im denying my own existence yet im also able to type this and reply to you..?

( and I still dont have a clue how to do the quote thing. Hope it works this time)

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Then God is just a figment of our imagination?
Making up a perception of God as we go along to fit in to the lives of belivers?

No god is the being that is imagining the imagination, the thing looking out through your eyes, you have know idea how remarkable and sentient that thing is.

You have been institutionalized to believe your the bag or crap that is roting as we speak. That bag of flesh is but a car, a vehicle, YOU are the driver.

Yes we do make up a perception of God as we go along and it does fit in to our lives. Even the disbelief in a Word like God is a perception of God. That disbelief just so happens to fit your life currently as does my perception fit mine.

Yeah, I exist along with the other few billion people on the planet. And so do the trillions of animals.
If we're all one, how can we kill each other yet not die?

Ignorance, necessity, hatred. the universe is larger than we can comprehend, do you honestly think that faulty Beings like us would be put in a better world?

Why would we be put in a better world if it is us that makes this place hell?

We get ricked into believing that we die so we kill to stay alive. But only upon death do we truly start living again. From what I understand We are in a school and there is no cheating. We did something wrong or are simply here to learn and then we move on to better things.

Even if i'm wrong, is it so much worse than believing what we were indoctrinated to think about life after death?

I know I brought up the 'Gods a symbol' thing but, you just said, ''Gods not universal.''
- Isnt God the supreme being?
How can God be unique and your own, when Gods worshiped by millions?
Do they all worship a diffrent God?
Or can you say they worship their selfs?

God is just a word to describe something that we have forgotten we are. What we are is unique and individual.

We are not supreme beings I at least don't think so. But we are Divine and everlasting just the same.

Each mind is different, even if we think we think the same it is not true, I'd think all the wars we have over our perceived God would tell you that much lol.

If you worship your God, I believe you do worship yourself. If your God is an angry god that hates gay people, you worship hating gay people and so one.

If you think your God worships you and wants the best for you and hopes you learn in life's experiences, well you might get along with gay people.

Morals are your personal ethics, I agree its up to you how you conduct yourself.
But its not God telling you what and what-not to do.

Then who is telling you what to do? you are right?

But what are you? A meat sack? Or something more?

So, since im God, im denying my own existence yet im also able to type this and reply to you..?

In your mind once you die all this typing will have been for nothing, you will stop existing, even complete thoughtless, soundless darkness will be of more substance that the non existing status you will blink into when you die.

Me and every one you ever encountered, everything you have ever done was for nothing.

How can you exist now but stop existing at another pint in time. Can your mind even comprehend it?

Enjoy that video.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by hmmmbeer

Two of the subjects that you have chosen are pointless in regards to a debate, simply because I guarantee that you couldn't come up with proof either way. All you have is conjecture & speculation and that isn't proof or evidence.

Moon landings didn't happen - You can't disprove it.
9-11 was an inside job. You can't prove it.

Prove me wrong!

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by kindred

I accept the challenge.

In theory certainly. If it turns out that there are no landers or rovers on the moon, would that be enough proof?

And with 9/11, ALL evidence points to complete lies and fraud. No boeing hit the pentagon, and the towers (all THREE) had to be full of explosives to fall at the speed that they did. Simple physics that have been well known for centuries. No modern quantum physics required.

My ultimate point was going to be that the same people who brought you mass religion brought you 9/11. Its all about fear and control.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   

In theory certainly. If it turns out that there are no landers or rovers on the moon, would that be enough proof?

Lunar Reconnaissance Orbital Camera

LROC five sites

Apollo 12 Landing Site

LRO Sees Apollo Landing Sites

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

If those were pictures of god, would that do as proof?

How about something better than 4 x 4 pixels?

Sorry, wont do.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   

I agree, even though I do believe we went to the moon, those pictures prove absolutely nothing. Like I said on another thread, if I posted similar pictures claiming they were proof of an Alien base on the moon, I would be laughed off ATS by the same people who believe these pictures prove we did go to the moon. People need to use more reasoning and common sense, rather than wholeheartedly believe everything they are told by the MSM, scientists, government etc.

As far as the moon landings are concerned, we definitely need higher quality satellite photos, before the argument can be settled once and for all.

[edit on 9-5-2010 by kindred]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join