It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Brutality Threads

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   
I am fed up the endless supply of members posting Videos from Youtube of "police brutality"

There seems to be something odd going on. as if a group of people have decided to spam this site, with anti police propaganda.

Which inevitably leads to anti government. sentences, and great anger from people, who say things they would not normally say unless online, and anonymous.

I think that there could be baiting going on. Possibly by ADL(also other topics). To get these damaging sentences on this website.

IM not saying that everyone who posts these threads are a part of a conspiracy. and i know there is not much you can do to restrict this influx.(maybe some traffic monitoring, and super sleuthing, to see if ADL have been fishing for hate..but thats up to you.)

What i would like to see, is that stop of these new threads, and to have a super thread instead. much like the ones on here like:

Worst Ads Ever! (SkepticOverlord's Ad Hitlist)
and

The ATS Issues Thread.

Where everybody can post what they have found, in there. instead of new ones constantly.

A mod/super mod could make:

Police Corruption/brutality/abuse thread. or something like that.

Im not a cop btw, i just think that sometimes people post new threads unnecessarily

[edit on 8-5-2010 by MR BOB]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   
You will find an endless amount of members posting about police brutality because police brutality is endless !!

no one is collectively joining up and deciding to hate police, .... alot of people just plain hate the police.

not because its propaganda, or it's cool, but because we've personally had our own run in's with these scum.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by IntastellaBurst You will find an endless amount of members posting about police brutality because police brutality is endless !!

Exactly police murder all over the globe, so what does op expect. Power absolutely corrupts.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   
OK.

Why can we not then have a dedicated super thread instead?

where you can post all of your videos and articles. and personal stories.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   
This thread has really turned into a police hating thread all of a sudden now as well which is a shame really as not all police are corrupt as some may think, some genuinely are in that profession to help and serve the people and it really does amaze me how some forget that so easily.

No one ever talks about good things they do, people love to focus on the negative sadly.

[edit on 8-5-2010 by Rising Against]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   
even if it were true, most people who hate cops do so because of their own experiences. these little videos make us relive these events and i think thats what surfaces alot of the anger.

i doubt anybody is basing their entire perspective of police solely off these videos.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   
FLAG!

Way to go. I am with you 100%.

Maybe not for all the same reasons but.

I want the bad cops exposed. I think the more they are watched the more they will be in compliance with the established Law and the expectations of the people they are hired to serve.

Thereis apparently way to much corruption, abuse, aggressiveness for us to turn a blind eye.

However, I think good things can/should be posted there also. I recently saw a video of a cop pulling people out of a burning car-accident related. Hero-no doubt, and should be recognized as such.

Good thread!

[edit on 5/8/2010 by anon72]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   
and we cant have a superthread because every video is a separate instance, separate situation therefore meriting separate thread....in my opinion

once the thread got big there would be too many discussions going on at the same time...it would be a mess.

[edit on 8-5-2010 by LurkerMan]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by MR BOB

I dislike the police brutality threads too. It isn't that I believe all police are heroes and angels...it's the black and white stupidity of the members that view all police as violent thugs. These threads are rarely worth reading, but when I do, the same old members are there with stupid generalisations. They could have a homo-fetish for the uniform and enjoy watching violent cops all day on YT! Maybe the batons remind them of something?

It'd be great if the Anti-African/immigrants/Mexicans/Muslims/Asians threads didn't exist either or got fed into a 'superthread.'

The sad fact is, Mr Bob, people love gossip and these threads are popular because folks enjoy them. In that sense they're legitimate forum content. I don't like them, but I don't have to read them. I enjoy being respectful of people. It's hard to have respect for the guys that post the hate crap so I mostly avoid the threads and leave them to it.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Video don't lie my friend.

There's a lot of talk of police brutality cause well, there's a lot of police brutality. Are all cops this way? Of course not.

Being a conspiracy website, we don't really discuss the good ones now do we?

Everything within context...

~Keeper

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

Originally posted by IntastellaBurst You will find an endless amount of members posting about police brutality because police brutality is endless !!

Exactly police murder all over the globe, so what does op expect. Power absolutely corrupts.

Here we go again! Have you got an early-warning system for mention of the police on ATS? Jeez, I admire your consistency and dedication to the theme. Police are all evil, mind-reading, child-raping, murdering scum...we get it already!

Please! Post something cheerful, you'll feel better.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I just watched the video of those police shooting the dogs for a gram of pot.
Is there something I'm missing here?
The way they handle raids is flawed to begin with like there offense in Iraq.
Tell me they couldn't of arrested "David Koresh" from Waco on the street? Or instead of killing the dogs that we see in the video arrest the guy as he goes to work or when the kid is in school, Lets face it, police do not care about people time and time again they are caught. Especially when these tragedies arise from blatant disregard for life, That shows the whole process of "Policing" must be abolished and re-instituted by a real government not the Tyrants controlling the U.S. as we speak.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by colt122

no they couldnt do that, because then he would have gotten rid of his gram!

or worse. smoked it!

quick! shoot everything you see!

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Mr. Bob,

I feel your pain. I tried to make this point a while back and was rewarded with 39 pages of vehement cop-bashing. You will never win this argument. And I think the most frustrating thing about is that people like myself (law enforcement officers) try to post in these threads to offer another side to the story. Rather than even make an effort to hear that side of the story, the cop-haters come out of the woodwork and fall all over themselves to get a chance to spout off their hate at a cop.

The end result is that these threads quickly dissolve into a bash fest and no real discussion ever takes place. That was the point of my "appeal" back then and it actually seemed to get a decent response from some of the saner people on these boards (and there are actually quite a few) but you just can't compete with the select few that will hijack any law enforcement thread and turn it into a comparrision to Nazi Germany.

So, I pretty much stay away from the discussion these days. Those that can use their heads do and those that love to rant will continue to dominate the boards. Good luck out there.

JW

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
As noted at the top of the BBQ threads:

This forums should be used to post questions regarding site policies and respond to announcements from ownership. This is not a place to post complaints.

Please add your suggestions to the ongoing ATS, BTS, What would you like to see in the future thread.

Thread closed.

top topics

join