It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN places Obamas eligibility in Primetime Spotlight! Cooper vs. Lt Col Larkin (who wins?)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Anderson Cooper defends computer-generated 'COLB'

CNN, one of the mainstream media outlets that have either belittled or ignored the question of Barack Obama's eligibility to be president since before the 2008 election, tonight gave the topic a primetime spotlight as Anderson Cooper defended the computer-generated online image of a Certificate of Live Birth that lists a 1961 Hawaii birth for the president.

Cooper invited onto his "360" program Lt. Col. Terry Lakin, an Army doctor who is facing court-martial because he has told the military he will not follow orders unless Obama can document his eligibility to be commander-in-chief. The questions he is raising are like those raised in numerous lawsuits and other challenges to Obama – whether he qualifies to occupy the Oval Office under the Constitution's requirement that a president be a "natural born" citizen.

While the term is not defined in the Constitution, many legal analysts believe at the time it was written it meant a person born in the U.S. of two U.S. citizen parents. Obama clearly does not qualify under that definition, since he has admitted his father never was a U.S. citizen. Some legal challenges have argued he wasn't even born in Hawaii. A new Washington Post/ABC poll reveals that tens of millions of Americans doubt Obama's eligibility.

Cooper dominated the combative interview, demanding answers from Lakin, telling his lawyer to let his client answer and then forging ahead with his own arguments.

Cooper argued that Lakin previously had taken orders from many officers without demanding their birth verification, and Jensen explained that was because the Constitutions sets the specific requirement for the president, not military officers.
Cooper also cited the online "Certification of Live Birth" as proof of Obama's Hawaii birth. Jensen responded that the law in the state created opportunities for individuals to obtain the Hawaii records – Cooper kept referring to the "Certification" as a "Certificate" – without having been born in the state. The COLB is "an official document," Cooper claimed. "That is not correct," said Jensen. Cooper then also accused Lakin of following "false" information about Obama. Jensen urged Cooper to "tell the truth to your viewers." Eventually Cooper cut off Jensen and Lakin, telling them, "I appreciate you being on this program."

Source: www.wnd.com...

LOL Even the media (CNN) can't win a valid discussion as to Obama being a natural born US Citizen! I can not believe the MSM and its outright distain it has for anyone not drinking the Obama Coo-Aid. It will be there demise. No wonder FOX News is Head & Shoulders above all the rest of the, so called, Main Stream Media.

Looking at these SHORT form Certificates of Birth. How can his name of Barak Obama II be on the form as it is when he didn't change he name from the Barry one until later in his life? WTH?

[edit on 5/8/2010 by anon72]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   
"tell the truth to your viewers."

Anderson was probably thinking..

"the truth? we dont do the truth around here..you are cut off".

And you do raise a Valid Question OP...One to which I cannot answer, and I would like to see someone who could answer that with a straight face.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Looking at these SHORT form Certificates of Birth. How can his name of Barak Obama II be on the form as it is when he didn't change he name from the Barry one until later in his life? WTH?

Because that is not the original copy? because it is a new certificate. so it will show his current name.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

I caught this show, and it was pretty freakin funny! I'm sorry, but this guy making an issue of this? He did not get an opportunity to speak for himself. Why did he appear on the show, when his attorney was answering all the questions for him?

The whole interview was pretty pointless, for that reason alone.

Still quite entertaining, though!

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by MR BOB

Thus adding more to the comspiracy. Why did he have to change his name if it should have been that tn begin with? I mean, wouldn't one name his child like the father-or a closeness. Not Barry whatever?

According to the birth annoucement in the paper, it was Mr & Mrs Barack Obama etc etc. Look:

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I watched it and feel qualified to respond. You ask: who wins?

My reply: Anderson Cooper. The Lt. Colonel got pwnd.
(Hopefully, there are no wrong answers since it is opinion.)

The Lt. Colonel just sat there and wasn't allowed to speak on the advice of his scumbag paid for by donations lawyer. The Birthers came off as idiots. Same old tired accusations. Now the "sheeple" can see what mental midgets these people are.

AC asked if the Col. had EVER questioned any of the THOUSANDS of previous orders.....no reply, just "deer in headlights" stare.

"Never interrupt your enemy while he is making a mistake." - Napoleon

Another nice baiting thread.

ETA: But don't take my word for it, let the ATS members decide. Starts @ 11:50 (You can scroll there after initial ad.)

CNN Birther on AC

[edit on 8-5-2010 by kinda kurious]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by anon72
How can his name of Barak Obama II be on the form as it is when he didn't change he name from the Barry one until later in his life?

This is nonsense. His name is and always has been Barack Hussein Obama II. My brother's name is Charles and he was called Charlie for a large part of his life. My sister's name is Jennifer. Everyone called her Jenny. Have you never heard of this sort of 'shortening of names' before? There was never a BC with the name "Barry" on it.

Oh, and on the Hawaii law that allowed people to get a BC even if they were born out of state? The BC would have stated the ACTUAL place of birth, NOT Hawaii.

Opponents asserted that Hawaiian officials had not explicitly addressed the fact that Obama was born in Hawaii, and pointed to a provision of Hawaiian law that permits the issuance of certifications of live birth to those born outside the state or even outside the country. However, the suggestion that this could have applied to Obama was rejected by Okubo: "If you were born in Bali, for example, you could get a certificate from the state of Hawaii saying you were born in Bali. You could not get a certificate saying you were born in Honolulu. The state has to verify a fact like that for it to appear on the certificate."

Source

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

I will give you the short answer.

One of the early reporters to work with the Obama campaign to establish the authenticity of the forgery in the eyes of the public was Amy Hollyfield of the St. Petersburg Times. Writing on June 18, 2008, she said:

To verify we did have the correct document, we contacted the Hawaii Department of Health, which maintains such records.

“It’s a valid Hawaii state birth certificate,” spokesman Janice Okubo said after we e-mailed her our copy.

Okubo said a copy of the birth certificate was requested this month, but she wouldn’t specify by whom. But as we know from our attempts to get one in April, Hawaii law states that only family members can access such records.

In emails to other citizens, Okubo would completely undo this interpretation; denying to the Israeli Insider on June 26, 2008, that she had seen the original Obama certificate, and thus could even authenticate the online image, which electronic image the Department of Health did not release. Note she did not even authenticate the information on the electronic image of a COLB; she merely said the document’s form was apparently that of a Hawaiian COLB, which of course it is, to the untrained eye. Hollyfield’s parsing of the Okubo comment and her paper’s promoting of Hollyfield’s enlargement of its significance all point to motivation to make Obama’s alleged COLB appear authentic in the eyes of the public.

The simple answer is, he requested the COLB in 2008, based on the vaulted long form certificate that Hawaii has.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Okubo affirmed that beginning in 2001, all vital records, including
birth records, moved to electronic formats.

"Any records that we had in paper or any other form before 2001 are still in file within the department," she insisted. "We have not destroyed any vital statistics records that we have."

The official then goes on to further discredit herself when she stated,

Hawaii's Okubu refused to say whether the DOH has Obama's
original long-form birth certificate, explaining state law prohibited her from commenting on the birth records of any specific person.

Which is exactly what Hawaii did. (commenting on the birth records of
any specific person)

“Therefore, I as Director of Health for the State of Hawai‘i, along
with the Registrar of Vital Statistics who has statutory authority to
oversee and maintain these type of vital records, have personally
seen and verified that the Hawai‘i State Department of Health has Sen.
Obama’s original birth certificate on record in accordance with state
policies and procedures.“

For Immediate Release: July 27, 2009 09-063
STATEMENT BY HEALTH DIRECTOR CHIYOME FUKINO, M.D.
“I, Dr. Chiyome Fukino, Director of the Hawai‛i State Department of Health, have seen the original vital
records maintained on file by the Hawai‘i State Department of Health verifying Barack Hussein Obama
was born in Hawai‘i and is a natural-born American citizen. I have nothing further to add to this statement
or my original statement issued in October 2008 over eight months ago.”

hawaii.gov...

However:

HI Attorney General’s office refuses to corroborate Obama’s HI Birth
WON’T DEFEND FUKINO’S STATEMENT THAT HE IS “NATURAL-BORN AMERICAN CITIZEN”
by John Charlton
(Feb. 2, 2010)

(snip)

In correspondence with The Post & Email, Jill T. Nagamine, Deputy Attorney General for the State of Hawaii, has made it clear that her office will not corroborate or back in any way the July 27, 2009 Statement of Dr. Chiyome Fukino, Director of the Hawaii Department of Health, which declared Obama Hawaiian-born and a “natural-born American citizen.”

According to published reports, Dr. Fukino has admitted that her July 27th statement received the verbal approval of the HI Attorney General, who “o.k.’d it.”

In an attempt to corroborate the contents of Dr. Fukino’s statement and understand better the value of that testimony, I put the following two questions to Nagamine, as a member of the press.

I am seeking some information in response to 2 questions I have. Please understand that your response(s) or non-response will be quoted by our paper.

Q. 1: Does the Director of the Hawaii Department of Health have any statutory duty or authority to define the citizenship status of anyone whose vital record(s) are kept by that department?

Q.2: According to the legal references employed by your office, what is the defition of a “natural-born citizen” of the United States of America?

I put my question to the Deputy Attorney General to avoid putting the Attorney General in a situation of a conflict of interest, if he in fact, did, as Dr. Fukino claims, advise her regarding her July statement.

Nagamine, in response, asserted that any answer to such questions given by her office would represent a conflict of interest for her office. And that is an explicit admission that Dr. Fukino had no statutory authority nor duty to make such a statement, and that the Attorney General’s office will not stand behind Fukino’s claim that Obama is a “natural-born American citizen.” It is such, because if Fukino’s declaration had legal weight of any kind, surely a response to my questions would have corroborated that without such a conflict-of-interest scenario. You only have a conflict if the Fukino claim would not be supported by a Nagamine response.

A more revealing investigation shows more surprising evidence:

His name is “Steve Dunham”!
UIPA REQUEST CONFIRMS QUIP, EXPLAINS MULTIPLE ORIGINAL VITAL RECORDS OF BARACK OBAMA
by John Charlton

(Jan. 12, 2010) — An intrepid citizen-researcher has confirmed that the man who goes by the name “Barack Hussein Obama II,” has an original vital record kept by the Hawaii Department of Health, which bears the name “Steve Dunham.”

The citizen researcher began her quest, following two lines of research: 1) the fact that the name “Steve Dunham” appears in records associated with Obama’s alleged mother, Stanley Ann Dunham; and 2) the fact that Obama himself is said to have quipped that his middle name was “Steve” (as some of his followers know cf. YYouhan’s comment).

(snip)

The quip was also transcribed and published by the Chicago Sun Times on Oct. 16, 2009, the key section of which reads:

It’s shocking. That was a tough primary you had there, John. Anyway, anyway, that’s who I really am. But in the spirit of full disclosure, there are a few October surprises you’ll be finding out about in the coming weeks. First of all, my middle name is not what you think. It’s actually Steve. That’s right. Barack Steve Obama.

Based on this admission, the citizen-researcher requested from Janice Okubo, Communications Director for the Hawaiian Department of Health, the index data for all the Steve Dunham’s in their registry, born born on Aug. 4, 1961. The request was made on Oct. 29, 2009

(snip)

In this case, Okubo responded that she needed more time to respond! Guess how long it took her to respond to a 5 minute work assignment?

You guessed it; she responded yesterday, January 11th.

“We don’t have the time right now” response was issued by Okubo, Paul Tsukiyama, the Director of the Hawaii Office of Information Practices, who was advising Okubo on how to respond, resigned (Nov. 6, 2009).
www.thepostemail.com...

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

Ah the old "Fukino will not answer our questions so she is a liar!!!

Wait, Fukino answered our questions and according to this she is not supposed to so she is a liar!!!"

Trick.

That makes sense.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Libertygal
I will give you the short answer.

Whew, thanks for sparing us the LONG answer.

Back on Topic:

I propose this challenge to all Birthers's. All or nothing.

Since this is your "smoking gun," I'll stand behind the final judgement in this case.

If, on it's own merit, the case is DISMISSED for reasonable, valid and legal reasons all of you will cease your baseless claims going forward. Conversely, should it lead to the standing President's eligibility and ensuing impeachment, you'll not hear another peep from me.

Any takers?

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Oh, and on the Hawaii law that allowed people to get a BC even if they were born out of state? The BC would have stated the ACTUAL place of birth, NOT Hawaii.

Opponents asserted that Hawaiian officials had not explicitly addressed the fact that Obama was born in Hawaii, and pointed to a provision of Hawaiian law that permits the issuance of certifications of live birth to those born outside the state or even outside the country. However, the suggestion that this could have applied to Obama was rejected by Okubo: "If you were born in Bali, for example, you could get a certificate from the state of Hawaii saying you were born in Bali. You could not get a certificate saying you were born in Honolulu. The state has to verify a fact like that for it to appear on the certificate."

link

Laws of the Territory of Hawaii ACT 96 To Provide For The Issuance Of Certificates Of Hawaiian Birth was in effect from 1911 until 1972 and allowed someone who was born outside the Hawaiian Islands to be registered as though he were born in Hawaii.

Under that law, someone simply would have presented herself to the Hawaiian authorities and declared that the child was born in Hawaii. The person could have sworn under oath and presented witnesses and other evidence. If the authorities accepted it, that was the end of it.

theobamafile.com...

The Dept. of Hawaiian Homelands does NOT accept the "Certification of Live Birth" as documentation. This is the same document that Obama is showing the world as proof of his Hawaiian birth and American "natural born citizen" status.

If you submit the "Certification of Live Birth" to the DHHL, they will make phone calls and written inquiries (to have a paper trail) to the office of Vital Statistics, to confirm information that WOULD BE on the "Birth Certificate," that is NOT present on the "Certification of Live Birth."

theobamafile.com...
Click the link to see a large copy of this beautifully printed Certificate of Hawaiian Birth.

It belongs to Sun Yat-Sen, the Father of Modern China, who was born in China.

This Certificate of Hawaiian Birth, dated March 14, 1904, was issued after Dr. Sun signed a raggedy type-written statement affirming that he was born in Hawaii on Nov. 24, 1870.

Sun Yat-sen was born on November 12, 1866, to a peasant family in the village of Cuiheng, Xiangshan county , Guangzhou prefecture, Guangdong province (26 km or 16 miles north of Macau), not Hawaii, as this document affirms.

Leo D'Onofrio says he will be assisting one of his readers in filing litigation in Hawaii state circuit court pursuant to her ongoing request for public information denied by Hawaii officials. (Readers of his blog will recognize her as MissTickly, aka TerriK.)

Correspondence sent to TerriK by Hawaii officials indicates that Obama’s vital records have been amended and official records pertaining thereto are maintained by the state of Hawaii.

TerriK was originally interested in whether or not Obama made a request to amend his records and to inspect them for the purpose of amending. Those requests (not the actual amendments) do not appear to be protected according to the statute and various opinions issued by the state... regardless... TerriK's requests to see the amendments had to be answered in one of three ways according to the statute and the manual:

1. we have the record you requested and will provide them

2. we don't maintain the records you requested (aka we don't have any such records in file)

3. we have the records, but you are not entitled to see them

She was told on two occasions by an Office of Information Practices (OIP) staff attorney that if no such records exist, they must notify her of that fact.

Eventually that same staff attorney, acting on advice of the Department of Health (DoH) told TerriK that the records were not available as they were protected. Their official response was that she wasn't allowed access to those records... They never told her that they didn't maintain these records she requested. If they didn't have such records, then they would have been required to tell her the records don't exist.

theobamafile.com...

Then they change the rules:

Update: This item was cut 'n' paste from the DHHL website. Between 6/8/09 and 6/18/09 DHHL has scrubbed this site. In the past 10 days they have changed the policy above. They will now accept Certifications of Live Birth. Click the link now. Check it out.

A coincidence? Suuuuuuuuure! The Obots continue to scrub the Internet for the Obamamessiah.

I'm going to have to start caching everything.

GOTCHA!

Here are three cached pages from the Department of Hawaiian Home Lands document, "Applying for Hawaiian Home Lands," that proves that Hawaii is actively supporting Obama's usurpation of the Office of the Presidency.

Cover page -- "Applying for Hawaiian Home Lands"
theobamafile.com...

Page 1 -- Primary documents -- "Certified copy of Certificate of Birth"
theobamafile.com...

Page 2 -- "DHHL utilizes information that is only found only on the original Certificate of Live Birth"
theobamafile.com...

Visit the link to view the cached pages.

edit to fix brackets

[edit on 8-5-2010 by Libertygal]

[edit on 8-5-2010 by Libertygal]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

B.H. I am not trying to be problematic. I am confused, about this whole name thing-especially his being identified as the Barry S. person? Did he change his name to that and then back to Obama?

Of is that some type of internet lie?

I know this all sounds crazy but when you listed/read and/or presented with the info provided by ATS member Libertygal, it is hard to see that it isn't non-sense and that there appears to be a lot of things that need cleared up. And I don't mean by ATS members.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kinda Kurious. I concur w/ you that Cooper won but it wasn't a fair fight-be that as it may. I think Larkin needs a better attorney-IMO

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
man o man its this exact type of nonsense that allows us true conspiracy theorists to be looked at like fringe cooooks.

its paranoia

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Dear Lois Lane,

Please trim your link, you've thrown off page formatting.

Thanks, Superman

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by K J Gunderson

You seriously have absolutely nothing. It is getting old now. Here is anon and Libertygal explaining things with loads of evidences and sources, and you come along and add NOTHING to the conversation and try to draw away from any of the points with your distractions. It is really quite sickening now.

As for the topic at hand - welcome to the "news" media, where if you believe something that the "news" is against, you will be made to look like a fool and blacked out from getting your point across. This isn't the first time something like this has happened.

At the same time, Anderson's berating proved of little worth. His arguments made no sense and the fact that he completely disregarded the statement about presidential qualifications and military qualifications, shows that he had an agenda to push and he was following his master's orders through and through. His lack of knowledge and/or blatant lies about Certificate vs Certification have shown that he would much rather be on the "right" side in his mind rather than the side of truth.

All this aside, with any hope people who watched this (there aren't many that watch CNN nowadays) will hopefully be able to walk away with a more open mind on the subject.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by triplescorpio

Thanks for adding something of substance.

You know, an argument with some basis in fact or something.

Since you have nothing, all you can do is attack the poster.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Laws of the Territory of Hawaii ACT 96 To Provide For The Issuance Of Certificates Of Hawaiian Birth was in effect from 1911 until 1972 and allowed someone who was born outside the Hawaiian Islands to be registered as though he were born in Hawaii.

In effect from 1911 until 1972. Obama was born in 1961, when the law stated that they had to have documentary evidence to prove he was born there. Not just a raggedy bit of paper that he signed.

This Certificate of Hawaiian Birth, dated March 14, 1904, was issued after Dr. Sun signed a raggedy type-written statement affirming that he was born in Hawaii on Nov. 24, 1870.

1904. BEFORE the new law that demanded documentary evidence.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   

reply to post by triplescorpio

Thanks for adding something of substance.

You know, an argument with some basis in fact or something.

Since you have nothing, all you can do is attack the poster.

Since you seem to have your Jr. Mod badge on, please note that the OP related that the story received Prime Time coverage and queried as to who we thought "won."

Why rehash all the tired birther claims all over again? It is YOU who is OFF TOPIC.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   

CNN, one of the mainstream media outlets that have either belittled or ignored the question of Barack Obama's eligibility to be president since before the 2008 election

That's a lie right there in the opening sentence.

Do people who hate Obama not remember the insane Birther Lou Dobbs turning his show on CNN into the main anti-Obama birth certificate fantasy program on cable TV for months? Do they not remember that Dobbs eventually resigned over this stupidity that forever tarnished CNN as a tabloid news network like Fox News?

What Lou Dobbs did for Birtherism on CNN should have been remembered and praised by all Birthers as he not only greatly increased recognition of the conspiracy theory, but set a new precedent for television in accusing U.S. government leaders and at least parts of the U.S. government as taking part of an alleged crime. Dobbs even went out as a matyr for the Birther cause by leaving CNN over the issue. And yet he has not received any accolades by his Birther compatriots simply for being on the wrong network.

We all know this is a latently racist and political ideology backed attack on the current President of the USA by conservatives who want to see a legally performed and run election overturned and given to their loser of a candidate, or actually their loser candidate VP choice if they could get their way. CNN, being an alleged liberal news network, will be attacked by those on the right no matter what the station did against Obama.

The source was World Nut Daily so this is to be expected, really.

[edit on 8-5-2010 by Frith]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Edit:

Originally posted by kinda kurious
Why rehash all the tired birther claims all over again? It is YOU who is OFF TOPIC.

You're right. I am off topic, too. Sorry. The response below will be my last to the birther rehash.

Originally posted by anon72
I am confused, about this whole name thing-especially his being identified as the Barry S. person? Did he change his name to that and then back to Obama?

HE was too young to change his name when he was using that name.

When his mom married Soetoro, her name was now Soetoro and Obama's dad was out of the picture in Africa. I can only assume that they decided to call the kid Soetoro, too, so people would know they were a family or so the new husband would feel like the head of the household. Since I have never seen any adoption papers saying that Soetoro legally adopted Obama, I don't think that happened. I don't think his legal name ever was Soetoro.

Just FYI, I have been living for the last 30+ years using my original maiden name. It was only recently that I found out that my married name from my first marriage (30+ years ago) was actually my legal name, since I didn't change it back when I divorced! I had to go through a name change to change it to the name I've been using all these years. People use names that aren't legally theirs all the time. My guess is that "Barry Soetoro" was the name that his mom and step-dad used when registering him at school and when the step dad was out of the picture, he started using his real name again.

I don't think you're causing trouble.
I know you have questions.

Of is that some type of internet lie?

A lie implies intent, so no, I don't think most are lying. I think people are just confused or else using scraps of data here and there to make a story that doesn't stand up under scrutiny. They WANT to believe that Obama is a usurper, so they choose to believe that which supports it and deny that which supports the official story.

[edit on 5/8/2010 by Benevolent Heretic]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join