It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

athiests! why christianity?

page: 16
<< 13  14  15   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by jagdflieger

Where did I call you a liar? I politely asked you to point out some posts that you have noticed to illustrate your assertion (which is usually good manners and scholarship to do).

I did not say that you called me anything. I was simply pointing out that I am just not into this enough to dig up any proof of what I said so instead of insist on defending it, I figured it was just easier to let you doubt me and move on.

Another "you do the leg work" response.

Actually, it was a polite request to join me in the legwork. Did you not read it? I said hey, you get half, I will get half and we can see how it compares. Not sure how you missed my role in that.

You made the assertion, you provide some proof.

Exactly why I said what I said. If you want to doubt my assertion, go for it. I am not about to sit here and sift through threads on ATS looking for comments I have seen but not really saved with a bookmark anywhere. I then went on to see if you would join me in a fact finding mission. Apparently you saw that as me telling you to go get my proof. Nope. I said I am not getting the proof of my claim but if you are curious, me too - let's see what WE can find. Oh well.

Now I am supposed to spend hours and hours on ATS browsing threads to support YOUR claims.

Nope. You should take time to learn to read. That seems like a better use of your time to me at this point.

It is the height of bad manners to ask someone else to do research to support your assertions.

It sure is and that is why I did not do that. Please go back and read it again.

Do your own study and provide a link or two. After all, it was YOUR assertion, not mine. I only do research to back up and support MY statements. I am not going to do your home work.

Wow. I can only imagine how good your research is given your reading comprehension demonstrated here. As well, you fully illustrated why I just do not have the interest or the energy. If I have to explain everything I say more than 2 or 3 times, I get sooooo bored with it. Sorry.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Seriously? You want to bring Intelligence into religion? They have nothing to do with each other. Even if you believe in the "Big Bang" SOMETHING caused it, that "thing" is the "creator". Just because someone is more comfortable believing God created the heavens and Earth in 6 days and then rested, if nothing else because it's more comforting then "Hell I dunno" that doesn't make them less intelligent. religion is something primal that isn't held in the intellectual mind. Not everyone is comfortable ignoring the mind numbing fear of possible non-existence after death. Seriously what is more frightening then the thought of being just gone?

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by UnlawfullPriest

So Jesus must have been a child of great privilege being as event royalty relied on Scribes to write for them. A carpenters son would have not the need, nor the means to acquire the skill. I'm not saying that he was or wasn't I'm saying that the story of Jesus, held with in the time he lived in do not support each other. Perhaps Jesus being a Carpenter's son is what is embellished, or perhaps, as they saw him, he appeared to be literate, BUT in fact was simply relaying the word of God. It doesn't make a claim that he ever claimed to be literate. You missed the point entirely. Whether you can read or not has nothing to do with GOD or Jesus. No where in the Bible, nor any other religious book I've ever studied, does it say that they ignorant or misinformed are unable to have a relationship with any Deity. So basically your "judging " this person. Which in fact it does speak against in the Bible. So Focus on this has again nothing to do with religion and everything to do with your opinion. Correct?

Another "2000 mile" psychic response. You say I am "judging" which implies you know my mind. I saw the point. All I did was to point out that the Gospels portray Jesus as being literate enough to read in the synagogue and I get what is basically a rant. Yes it has nothing to do with God, and never did I imply that the ignorant cannot have a relationship with God. All I said was Jesus could read (according to Luke).

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by jagdflieger

Actually your right, except, LOL in my rush to response I confused your reply, as one from Kapyong. Who IS judging the other poster. So I apologies, your right, but only because I'm stupid and didn't read who the reply was from. LOL, So ya sorry for my confusion. But I like the term "2000 mile Psychic"

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   

, So ya sorry for my confusion. But I like the term "2000 mile Psychic"

Well we also have the "2000 year Psychic", who can tell you what some guy was thinking 2000 years ago. (I. e., when Paul wrote "crucified" he meant a spiritual crucifixion, not a earthly one.) What irritates me is that if these people know what other people are thinking or thought (when it is not obvious from their writings), why didn't they warn us about Bernie Madoff?

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Gday,

Many posts ago, I stated a real reason. It is based on "media attention", here is my challenge: Start a thread labeled "Krishna is a myth" and see how many respond. Start a thread labeled "Jesus Christ is a myth" and then see how many respond. Now truthfully answer this question: Which would sell more copies, a book titled "Krishna, the Myth" or a book titled "Jesus, the Myth".

In India?
Or a Christian nation?

See the problem?

K.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Gday,

You and I are aware of a "Jesus myther" who has posted on this board. All of his material comes from Doherty.

I've actually READ the arguments, and I've read the ancient sources too.
Unlike you.

Now when it comes to Satan, he seems to be unable to respond.

WTF?
Respond to what?
A silly fantasy figure?
A post that got deleted?
Respond to what?

K.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
XYZ

I really don't get the point you're trying to make.

You speculated that many atheists would choose Buddhism as a religion, if they had to choose one, rebutting another poster's claim. I countered that many atheists do not consider Buddhism to be a religion, and discussed why they might think so.

I'm not saying God doesn't exist, but I AM saying so far there's no evidence that proves his existence. So for now, in the absence of any evidence, I am assuming there is no God until I'm proven otherwise.

Fine. What quarrel would you and I have? A rebuttable assumption is not a belief. And I'm an agnostic, so I don't have a belief on that question, either.

If you would describe yourself as an atheist, and I say something about atheists, and you don't think it applies to you, then it probably doesn't. Same as if you don't describe yourself an atheist.

As the saying goes, "If the shoe fits, wear it."

How can we not be at peace?

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   

What irritates me is that if these people know what other people are thinking or thought (when it is not obvious from their writings), why didn't they warn us about Bernie Madoff?

LMAO! 4 posts and still harping on me telling you to relax makes you seem so very calm and collected. It must take a relaxed spirit and calm soul to spend all their posts WHINING about someone telling them to relax.

Look, not being psychic does not mean lack of perception. We can read your posts, you do know that right? When you whine and complain over and over and over and over about something so minute and insignificant, is is actually quite telling. It has nothing to do with being able to predict a giant Ponzi scheme but thanks for continuing to demonstrate what a relaxed person you really are.

I am starting to think you are one of the best reasons anyone picks on "Christianity." Christianity seems to be where we find the most hypocrites. I am still looking for all the Anti-gay activists from other religions going around promoting their view. Along with that, I am having trouble finding all the anti-gay religious nuts that are not Christian that keep getting caught with boyfriends but hey.

Just perusing the front page before I came to post here, I saw at least 3 threads that were Christian themed. Where are all the other religions on ATS? Where are all the threads by other religious types starting threads about how everyone else but them is wrong?

Here we have a thread right here with at least one "Christian" who comes across as an angry hypocrite. Find me the Muslim or Jewish threads like that or else I think you have your answer.

p.s. if still harping on this is a demonstration of you being calm, then all I can say is - you really need to get over it.

[edit on 15-5-2010 by K J Gunderson]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by K J Gunderson

, So ya sorry for my confusion. But I like the term "2000 mile Psychic"

Well we also have the "2000 year Psychic", who can tell you what some guy was thinking 2000 years ago. (I. e., when Paul wrote "crucified" he meant a spiritual crucifixion, not a earthly one.) What irritates me is that if these people know what other people are thinking or thought (when it is not obvious from their writings), why didn't they warn us about Bernie Madoff?

Well you must be a paranoid "2000 mile Psychic", because this post was an interchange between "UnlawfulPriest" and me where I used the term about him in one of his replies. If you had followed the thread at all you would have seen that I wasn't referring to you at all (it wasn't about you, it was about him). You must have thought I was thinking of you (unless you fall in the category of being a "2000 year Psychic") and "2000 year Psychic" is a generic term I apply to current authors who write about "what some guy was thinking 2000 years ago". You drew my statement out of context to make it look like I was writing about you.

Here we have a thread right here with at least one "Christian" who comes across as an angry hypocrite. Find me the Muslim or Jewish threads like that or else I think you have your answer.

Would you please point out where I come across as a angry hypocrite when all I did was politely ask you to back up your assertions. Now where did I rant?

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Well you must be a paranoid "2000 mile Psychic", because this post was an interchange between "UnlawfulPriest" and me where I used the term about him in one of his replies.

Still learning to read? Did you forget that you used the word "also?" Did you forget WHY you used that word? Because it was a reference back the "2000 mile psychic." Who did you refer to as such? ME!!!!!

If you had followed the thread at all you would have seen that I wasn't referring to you at all (it wasn't about you, it was about him). You must have thought I was thinking of you (unless you fall in the category of being a "2000 year Psychic") and "2000 year Psychic" is a generic term I apply to current authors who write about "what some guy was thinking 2000 years ago". You drew my statement out of context to make it look like I was writing about you.

Is English not your first language or are you playing dumb?

Would you please point out where I come across as a angry hypocrite when all I did was politely ask you to back up your assertions. Now where did I rant?

I already did. 4 posts whining about me telling you to relax kind of speak for themselves.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Gday,

you don't know what I have read or not read unless you are another "2000 mile/2000 year Psychic".

Rubbish.
It's obvious from your posts, from your repeated mistakes, that you've never studied this subject properly at all.

Nothing to do with mind reading.

But now, after I whipped your ass, you're stalking me - instead of dealing with the mistakes you made.

Pathetic.

K.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Gday,

Originally posted by K J Gunderson
LMAO! 4 posts and still harping on me telling you to relax makes you seem so very calm and collected. It must take a relaxed spirit and calm soul to spend all their posts WHINING about someone telling them to relax.

Yup.
Jagd has completely given up talking about the subject, all he does now is whine.

Because he was comprehensively shown to be wrong on many issues.

K.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Kapyong

So he's a fool, but You make a reply, trying to bait him and/or lower others opinion of him? Wow good job, and I've yet to see you set anything truly comprehensive forward, in regards to my challenges to your comments. Actually in his single post to me about Luke he provided more information then you have in ALL of yours in this thread. Perhaps you would like to make some real comment thats not just a personal attack? Maybe not though, your choice.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Kapyong

Post is for K J Gunderson, sorry Kapyong, I can't seem to click the right button today.

Ok so now we got a supposed "Hypocritical Christian" and a "Whatever Pagan" on the same side. This is funny, whats sad is he was calm and never once went back on anything he said, nor did he seem angry in anything he wrote. His usage of "2000 mile Psychic" is an expression, other words he would have used the word "the", to indicate Singularity. However he used the word "A' signifying that there was 1 , allowing the possibility of many. His usage of the word also has exactly no relevance in the discussion. It's simply you attacking him personally because you couldn't attack his comment. It might lend a bit of credibility to your stance to refrain from personal attacks, it simply makes you, and anyone else who does it look childish. BTW did you notice the lack of Homo-haters, in this thread? Not all Christians hate gays, and Non-Christians get caught with their secret boyfriends all the time. it's just not news when it's not a person with an anti-gay stance. I think the reason for this is because more then anyone else Christians are the best Christian basher. Remember Ted Hagger, the local pagan community said Nothing, in the public forum. However the Christian community was angry, as they should have been for being lied to. At this same time a local publicly held companies CEO was found in bed with another man by his wife, but because he was pro-gay it didn't touch the news. Now all those Gay hating Christians that your waiting for have excepted their leader back, and he now assert that he is gay, but will stay with his wife because he loves her. Sooo maybe what you should look at is what the PERSON believe, not what the religious grouping they belong to collectively believes. Just because The Book of Mormon says that God is a man that had sex with marry and lives on a planet, does not mean that Mormons all believe that in such explicit terms.What your attacking is their religion, and not taking into account that there is always variation.

[edit on 15-5-2010 by UnlawfullPriest]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by eight bits

We're on the same page then

FYI, I also believe Buddhism to be more of a "guideline" rather than a religion worshiping an almighty being. I'm agnostic too, as in, I just don't know if there's an almighty being...and I'm perfectly fine with that.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
athiests spend more time talking about God and religion than the pope. if athiests spent the same amount of time and energy trying to disprove santa claus as they do God they would be locked up in an insane asylum. that alone is one fact that proves God exists.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
athiests spend more time talking about God and religion than the pope. if athiests spent the same amount of time and energy trying to disprove santa claus as they do God they would be locked up in an insane asylum. that alone is one fact that proves God exists.

Another person who spelled it wrong.
Why doesn't anyone CHECK what they are writing about?

How do you think it makes you look, when you can't even spell the word you are discussing ?

K.

top topics

<< 13  14  15   >>

join