It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you want to live in Britain, don't wear burqah

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   
I have thought a long time about people who emigrate, and it seems to me that people who have emigrated to Britain should adopt their rules.

Bearing this in mind, I think if you live in Britain, you don't wear burqa or any other non-British things.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   
non british things? apart from the thing u mentioned what other things do you mean?

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by the illuminator

What I mean is respect the country where you live.

And adopt their rules.

Do not be disrespectful to the country where you live.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

I suggest that a more proper request would be;
"Don't insist that other people wear Burqah".

Costumes change so much over time that it would be difficult to dogmatise on what is and is not British costume.
Not many people are wearing flat caps nowadays. The number of people powdering their wigs has dropped so low that the government has stopped taxing the powder.

But the attempt to impose an item of costume on other people- now, I think we can certainly regard that as alien to British culture.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 05:11 AM
link   

how would someone wearing that disrespect the country?

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 05:11 AM
link   
People who wear that are Muslim and the British are not Muslem.

All I am saying is this: If you live in Britain, respect the values of Britain.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Just another racist troll, nothing to see, move on.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknows
People who wear that are Muslim and the British are not Muslem.

All I am saying is this: If you live in Britain, respect the values of Britain.

I know a British muslim. He says your a retarded, ignorant, bigot.

But i love you, oh and jesus does too.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkurkNilsen

Just another racist troll, nothing to see, move on.

Sigh...you mean Religion.

Because Religions are not races....

Oh why do I even bother...

link   
reply to post by SkurkNilsen

I am not a racist troll.

I am worried about what is happening to Britain.

link   
this is only mildly related to the topic, but I feel it needs to be brought up!!
I don't see many burkas here in america....but I guess they are becomming a problem in some places in Europe??
I hear talk of the possibility of them being banned...

well, here is the problem that I see....

are these women willingly wearing the burka? or are they being pressured to by husband or other family members after they immigrate?

I got a feeling that it might be that they are being pressured to keep up the traditional ways... if so, well, I don't care what kind of laws the gov't has on the books, all too often, what goes on in the home is rather loosely regulated. you tell them they can no longer wear their burkas out in public, their culture, their family members tell them that the only place that they can be seen without one if in their homes, amoung their own family....
umm....aren't you just kind of telling them to stay home?
no, whatever is going on in the home is really non-regulated!! she cannot go out and meet her neighbors, learn the british, or whatever country's ways, and she won't know where to go, who to talk to, or what laws there are to protect her if the home life gets too out of wack!!
seems to me, not a very good idea!

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknows
I have thought a long time about people who emigrate, and it seems to me that people who have emigrated to Britain should adopt their rules.

Bearing this in mind, I think if you live in Britain, you don't wear burqa or any other non-British things.

I honestly have no problem them wearing whatever they want to... BUT the same rules apply.. accepting each others differences is important and not trying to force your view on anyone is of the uttmost of importance..

Besides where I live, they tend to wear whatever they want.. i.e there are plenty of 6ft trannies with long beards
which I am sure will get called numerous bad names in certain other white cultures..

Take Ramadan, the muslims I know and have worked with.. consider it an insult to them NOT to eat my lunch during that time. since they consider that a test of their beleif.. Heck, some have gone out of their way to cook me bacon sandwitches, and others have brought me lots of booze to say thankyou for something I've done to help them (couldn't tell them I hate Gin, why people think the English only drink gin is beyond me, but it was the thought that counts
)

I do have a deep seated problem with those of whatever religion telling me what to do, or interfering with how I live my life, or the lives of those around me (I'm not Gay, but have plenty of friends who are)

That ethic of not being told what to do by some religoous know it all has create a great deal of dislike in this neck of the woods hence why some around here still burn effigies of the Pope (and lots of other hate figures including Bush, Browm and Obama, the BBC, plenty of Christian bishops and a few unpleasant Muslim figures)

During WW1 my home town turned into a Hospital town for Indian soldiers, of the 10,000 only 76 died of their wounds, not bad for WW1 type treatment. They were also treated according to their customs be they Hindu, Muslim etc and the locals paid for was the only memorial of it's kind to those brave souls which now sits about the town.

Funny enough it is actually quite a Jewish town with at least 15% of the population from jewish ancestry, quite a bit of Rothchilds cash, and what is said to be the prettiest Synagogue in Europe, second only in our hearts (in beauty) to the local Royal Palace.

The Local Royal Palace (own by the locals by then) was given over to those soldiers to recouperate in familiar surroundings (it's Indian style) so there where muslims sleeping and eating in the same rooms that the Empress of India did a few years before..

Sorry for the long reply... but I struggle to understand where this British identity of not treating people equaly or accepting them for what they are comes from..

But there does need to be a 2 way street of respect.. If it that is lacking on either side then I'm afraid it will only end in tears..

[edit on 8/5/10 by thoughtsfull]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Tingopoo

So complaining about the Burka makes you a Racist now hey?

I agree with this Guy, he sums up the Burka brilliantly.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   
It is too late to be worried about Britain. The takeover is almost complete and there is nothing that can be done about it now. They are multiplying like rabbits and soon will control everything.

In not too many years they will be persecuting you for being non-muslim.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by expat2368

they?.................im prety sure you mean humans

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by the illuminator

The reasons behind why the burqa is worn are very un-British. In Britain, women have the same rights as men. The burqa, among other facets in Muslim culture, is one of the results of inequality. Removal of the burqa is not a violation of their religious freedom, it is a granting of actual freedom.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by the illuminator
[m

If you live in Britain, you do not wear that, full stop.

So, if you wear it, that is disrespectful.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by i944002

Originally posted by the illuminator

The reasons behind why the burqa is worn are very un-British. In Britain, women have the same rights as men. The burqa, among other facets in Muslim culture, is one of the results of inequality. Removal of the burqa is not a violation of their religious freedom, it is a granting of actual freedom.

On the inequality side, going by Anglo-Saxon laws and customs prior to the Norman invasion in 1066 we have yet to get back to the same levels equality they had in those days..

Consider less that 100 years ago people in my neck of the woods where still selling their wives for pints of gin.. Wife selling the only way of divorce for the poor of the time...

Then consider 1,200 years before they could divorce and get 50% of the marital goods... the subjugation of women also appears to be a traint of most religious societies..

Fortunatly we have started turning back that clock and see no way of that stopping now..

link   

Originally posted by NotAgain
reply to post by Tingopoo

So complaining about the Burka makes you a Racist now hey?

No, you must of misread my post or be refering to someone else.

link   
I'm an iraqi and in iraq they wear less burkas than they do in the west and iraq is a muslim country.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join