It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran to Arrest Tan Women

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   
This would be the same Iran that just got on the UN committee for womens rights - that sounds about right.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by WWJFKD

Finally some common sense in here.

The source is telegraph.uk which is what? Assosiated press? Or reuters?

I smell western propaganda here, and really bad one.

Even if this is true, it gives Iranian people one more right to overthrow their government, this should be done from inside and by the people anyway, not by foreign powers.

Arent there similar laws un the US, where sodomy or masturbation is forbidden? Why not send a task force there to "free" the people from such unnatural laws?

Hypocrisy at its finest.

There are propably more stupid laws involving the human body in the US than there are in Iran.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Some of you people really have lost every sense of reality. I understand that stories like this sound too surreal to be true, but those who think this is propaganda should really do some research on the idiotic dogma's of these Ayatollahs. Every person with common sense would be flabbergasted. Fortunately enough, most Iranians feel the same.

Then there is a group of people which is of opinion that their (Western) government is so evil, that every bit of negative publicity about a country that is perceived to be an enemy of the West, must be propaganda.

However, if you would do your own research, you would know that this is not propaganda, but reality. Get in touch with Iranians, watch these speeches that can be found on the internet and you'll find out this is no nonsense. I wonder how many of you have actually read a single book about the Ayatollahs. Get out of your hole and base your viewpoint merely on conspiracy theories.

I've one more story:

Extramarital sex causes earthquakes: Iran cleric

A senior Iranian cleric has claimed that dolled-up women incite extramarital sex, causing more earthquakes in Iran, a country that straddles several fault lines, newspapers reported on Saturday.

"Many women who dress inappropriately ... cause youths to go astray, taint their chastity and incite extramarital sex in society, which increases earthquakes," Ayatollah Kazem Sedighi told worshippers at Tehran Friday prayer.

"Calamities are the result of people's deeds," he was quoted as saying by reformist Aftab-e Yazd newspaper. "We have no way but conform to Islam to ward off dangers."

The Islamic dress code is mandatory in Iran, which has been under clerical rule for more than three decades.

Especially for you who dislike Reuters and AFP, I have quoted a source that you will not consider to be propaganda:Al Arabiya

This site is about denying ignorance. Some of you are so biased and trapped in black and white thinking (with the West being the black side and Iran the white side) that you have lost every capability of judging things objectively and rationally.

One last side-note. I do think that the West uses propaganda to vilify Iran, but that is still no credible motive to automatically dismiss every piece of negative information about Iran as propaganda.

Originally posted by WWJFKD
This would be the same Iran that just got on the UN committee for womens rights - that sounds about right.

If you even fail to see through such demagogic attempts to influence the world opinion, I reckon you will have a hard time to ever deny ignorance.

This would be the very same Iran that:

Execution of a teenage girl

On 15 August, 2004, Atefah Sahaaleh was hanged in a public square in the Iranian city of Neka.

Her death sentence was imposed for "crimes against chastity".

The state-run newspaper accused her of adultery and described her as 22 years old.

But she was not married - and she was just 16.

source

But Iran cares so much for women's rights... perhaps you'd like to have a look at this website: iranhumanrights

[edit on 9-5-2010 by Mdv2]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Why do we only care about the bad things others do. And not the stupid things we do our selves.

Last week IN the US a 8 year old girl got a week detention because she had a candy at lunch break.

They had to give her a week detention because of protocol and do to the fear of loosing founding.

Do i have to post a link. Or do you all know about this already?

Probably not since you only look for what others are doing wrong.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I like how we are suppose to export a whore culture to other countries, but how dare they keep there own culture in there own country.

You can be diverse but only we agree on how diverse and ethnic you can be.

There is something very wrong with that.

Who cares,what they do to there women.
Im sure they have problems with you whoring your women around on tv.
It is a bit unusual that a whore culture is being overrun by illegal aliens and its own country refuses to do anything about it.
Have you checked out the birth rates lately in the United States? Each couple produces 1.3 offspring. That is not even enough to sustain your country.

No wonder you are getting overrun, You whore your women around on tv, but abort your children like shooting wounded animals.

Im not saying the whole tanning stuff is proper.However maybe we should work on our own problems.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join