It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran to Arrest Tan Women

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Iran has warned suntanned women and girls who looked like "walking mannequins" will be arrested as part of a new drive to enforce the Islamic dress code.

Brig Hossien Sajedinia, Tehran's police chief, said a national crackdown on opposition sympathisers would be extended to women who have been deemed to be violating the spirit of Islamic laws. He said: "The public expects us to act firmly and swiftly if we see any social misbehaviour by women, and men, who defy our Islamic values. In some areas of north Tehran we can see many suntanned women and young girls who look like walking mannequins.

"We are not going to tolerate this situation and will first warn those found in this manner and then arrest and imprison them."

Iran's Islamic leadership has in recent weeks launched a scaremongering campaign to persuade the population that vice is sweeping the streets of the capital. National law stipulates that women wear headscarves and shape shrouding cloaks but many women, particularly in the capital, spend heavily on fashions that barely adhere to the regulations.

source

Such a magnificent country, the Islamic Republic of Iran. I wonder what the next thing is that is going to be prohibited. The fact that women are not allowed to get tanned says enough about the extent of liberty enjoyed by the citizens of Iran. Personally, I would welcome a Western supported coupe d'etat. The people deserve it, most want it and their country has the potential to develop into a very prosperous nation. It just needs the right leadership and no, they cannot decide for themselves as the events that happened last year have shown that protests are aggressively cracked down by the extremist regime.

[edit on 8-5-2010 by Mdv2]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   
If they have anything against walking mannequins they can all ship them here if they want, I'm cool with that... I promise I'll punish them in a way that would make Allah blush

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

Enough.

Iran has to go.

The world cannot put up with a country that says tanned girls are going to be punished.

Where are you, all countries who care about equality?

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   
On this Board you are barking up the wrong tree - Iran is the hero of conspiracy-theorists and liberals against "the great Satan USA". Expect to be flamed as a Jew or Neo-Con for exposing the truth.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 04:50 AM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by lucid eyes
On this Board you are barking up the wrong tree - Iran is the hero of conspiracy-theorists and liberals against "the great Satan USA". Expect to be flamed as a Jew or Neo-Con for exposing the truth.

Israel's claim that Iran is a threat to its existence is a very dubious and doubtful one, but way too many - especially on this forum - are trapped into black and white thinking. In reality, they know nothing.

Iran has a very dangerous regime but since Israel is considered to be the prime example of evilness, everything Iran does is good and everything that harms Iran's reputation must be Western propaganda. These people should be sent to live in Iran for a year to experience live without the freedom they enjoy in the West. It would be very interesting to see if they would still feel the same about it.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Well the current lot in power over there are only going to drive the youth of Iran further and further into rebelling against the state.. and this appears to my mind the desperate throws of an outgoing regieme..

The Persians I know like their tans, sungalsses and to party (especially those in Northern Tehran)

So I wonder if this is the new sales pitch to get them to buy some the West's Body Scanners

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 04:59 AM
link   
NOT THE SUN TANNED GIRLS!!!!

I think the leaders of Iran might be gay.

Yes I said it.

Well, If they dont want the Tanned girls, we will take them.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Attempting to derail a thread again? If you have have no relevant opinion on this topic, please stay away. If you want to discuss Burka ban, start your own thread.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   
I for the life of cannot see what the fuss is all about, Its their way of life and their rules simples,
Take the United Kingdom for an example, We have nudist colonies and they have their own regulated areas to practise their right to nudism,
If they practise in their own property "no big deal" But stray out of the set guide lines and your gonna get cautioned by plod,
Their country their rules IMO....

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

everything Iran does is good and everything that harms Iran's reputation must be Western propaganda.

The garbage you just posted is not propaganda? OMG someone shoot me.. Or shoot him, no shoot him instead blablabla

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by foxhoundone

Whos country?

The peoples, Or the dictators?

Cause if it was the peoples, this wouldnt be a problem.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknows
reply to post by Mdv2

Enough.

Iran has to go.

The world cannot put up with a country that says tanned girls are going to be punished.

Where are you, all countries who care about equality?

Seems only fair since the world already puts up with a country that punishes, even tortures, tan boys for no reason at all? They even put up with punishing boys and girls just because they were red, then black?

Colors have always been a good enough reason. What color might be next?

Besides, aren't Iranian girls tan to begin with?

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism
reply to post by Mdv2

everything Iran does is good and everything that harms Iran's reputation must be Western propaganda.

The garbage you just posted is not propaganda? OMG someone shoot me.. Or shoot him, no shoot him instead blablabla

You claim it is propaganda, back it up for once. Support your claim that Tehran police chief Brig. Gen. Hossien Sajedinia did not say this. I guess you can't... as usual. Nothing but baseless crap coming from you.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2
reply to post by oozyism

Attempting to derail a threat again? If you have have no relevant opinion on this topic, please stay away. If you want to discuss Burka ban, start your own thread.

My freaking opinion is that you are posting a propaganda, and I don't see how you or the garbage you posted states that Iran to Arrest Tan Women..

Do you know what you are saying?

Do you know what the garbage you posted is saying?

Is your title suggesting they would be arrested for being TAN, or for having TAN, or for disobeying the law?

What is the law?

Do you know the Iranian law?

Do you really believe they are being arrested for being TAN, or having TAN?

Don't waste my time, or anyone elses with your garbage.. It only effects your own credibility..

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

You claim it is propaganda, back it up for once. Support your claim that Tehran police chief Brig. Gen. Hossien Sajedinia did not say this. I guess you can't... as usual. Nothing but baseless crap coming from you.

No he never said people would get arrested for being TAN, it is taken out of context, it is bring distorted facts together to created an illusion that Iran is somehow gonna arrest people for being TAN or for having TAN..

Go spread your bull somewhere else..

That is propaganda to the fullest..

Edit to say:

You prove to me that the title is actually true, or what the article claims is true.. That women will be arrested for being tan or for having tan..

You hold the burden of proof, because you are the one who brought this garbage to ATS.. Wasted 30 minute of my life which I will never get back..

I'm gonna go get drunk again, I rather waste my time being intoxicated than to listen to propaganda.. If I wanted to watch propaganda I wouldn't be on ATS you freaken BUMBUM

zzzz

You have no idea how pissed off I'm

[edit on 8-5-2010 by oozyism]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good

Who's country?

Cause if it was the peoples, this wouldn't be a problem.

Well this could be said by any politically aware country in the world C/G
I personally believe these are just local law guidelines laid down by the Iranian government for the police chief to interpret the way he sees it..

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by foxhoundone

Originally posted by Common Good

Who's country?

Cause if it was the peoples, this wouldn't be a problem.

Well this could be said by any politically aware country in the world C/G
I personally believe these are just local law guidelines laid down by the Iranian government for the police chief to interpret the way he sees it..

Thats scary.
I wonder if he would have anything against G Strings?

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism
No he never said people would get arrested for being TAN, it is taken out of context, it is bring distorted facts together to created an illusion that Iran is somehow gonna arrest people for being TAN or for having TAN..

Go spread your bull somewhere else..

That is propaganda to the fullest..

Please proove it with sources and don't just cry Propaganda, because that's the real bull#.
Everything you hear and read about Iran and other muslim countries especially from people who lived there, make this story more than just believable.
But, yeah i know, all is propaganda, all is lies and the iran is a paradise

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2

Such a magnificent country, the Islamic Republic of Iran. I wonder what the next thing is that is going to be prohibited. The fact that women are not allowed to get tanned says enough about the extent of liberty enjoyed by the citizens of Iran. Personally, I would welcome a Western supported coupe d'etat. The people deserve it, most want it and their country has the potential to develop into a very prosperous nation. It just needs the right leadership and no, they cannot decide for themselves as the events that happened last year have shown that protests are aggressively cracked down by the extremist regime.

You want to allow a hostile overthrow of a foreign countries elected government so it can be prohibited from prohibiting things you don't like prohibited?

What you wish to prohibit is their practicing of ancient religious laws and practices that have always been a part of their culture?

You do not want to allow a hostile government overthrow to prohibit other countries like Saudi Arabia that practice these same religious laws from doing so, only Iran?

You welcome a Western supported coup in order for Iran's citizens more liberty and prosperity, despite the last Western supported coup created decades of torture, murder and regression of their nation?

Although the citizens violently rejected the last Western coup and reclaimed their control in a violent revolt, you believe they want and deserve it again?

Your disagreement with what Iran's religious laws prohibit inspires all of this hypocritical prejudice and carnage as a means for what you wish to prohibit of others can be realized?

What you would like prohibited is somehow more righteous prohibition?

Are you understanding these double standards you desire?

Do you see the magnitude of ignorance contained?

Please try harder.

[edit on 5/8/2010 by Zerbst]

[edit on 5/8/2010 by Zerbst]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join