It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Organic Virgin Coconut Oil - The healthiest product you never heard of!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   
This thread is about the little known product called Coconut Oil. Coconut Oil is a nutritional supplement and can be ingested or applied topically. It's well served as a cooking oil, or even a lubricant. It's used to treat and even cure many things from Acne to Alzheimer, even viruses including HIV. Testemonies confirming its benefits to many various ailments can be easily found. For years there have been successes showing C. Oil treating, even curing, some of the most prevalent and serious illnesses known, like Alzheimer's. My family and I use this stuff on everything since we discovered it. So far the results are surprisingly impressive.

For years I've had chronic dry skin on my upper back and shoulders. Nothing serious it was more of an annoyance causing a burning, itchy feeling, but no medicated lotion, oil or itchy skin product whatsoever would help it? However, a single, brief once over with the C. Oil not only relieved it immediately, it hasn't returned since applied several months ago! Similar results were seen by my girlfriend on dry, flaky skin at the edges of her nose that drove her nuts all her adult life. She used it once and it never returned.

The point is that this stuff is amazing. It's healthy and good for you at very least and has hundreds, even thousands, of uses regardless whether it helps serious disease at all. The thing is, when it comes to treating and curing serious diseases, there is significant evidence to support that it indeed does that too. Studies done in the Philippines claiming it can possibly cure HIV, or any virus for that matter which would include Bird/Swine Influenza if there is such a thing? Even treating minor skin problems, which I know it does, is enough that people should know of it, but they don't? Everyone is well aware of products like petroleum jelly and skin lotion, so why not this healthy product that could easily replace those? Coconut Oil can definitely do anything those products can, only healthier. It's also a healthier cooking oil and lubricant that could easily replace many well known, but inferior, products, but most people have never even heard of it?

Just those facts alone should have popularized Coconut Oil. When you add the possibility it can safely treat and possibly even cure hundreds of illnesses, including things like Alzheimer's, HIV, Autism, Digestive disorders, Obesity and even the common cold, isn't it a bit odd it's such an unknown product? Do you not find this alarming, or at least suspicious?

I'm sure someone will storm in this thread shouting this is not true. That these studies and peoples claims are bogus. Someone will likely say that the coconut growers are preying on the gullible health conscience people with this elaborate hoax. If this is you please give good reason for this product to be kept in the dark?

I've seen first hand what this stuff can do. I've never seen something cure a condition immediately and with one use, regardless how minor the ailment. Research this stuff a little before you judge. Better yet, find a good quality organic Virgin Coconut Oil and buy it! Put it on everything that ails you from cuts to aches. Cook with it. Lubricate with it. Hell, rub it all over your ass if you want, but I promise you will be amazed with it!

www.earthclinic.com...

www.tampabay.com...

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   
It's made by organic virgins?

Yes, coconut oil is a good substitute for vegetable oil.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Zerbst

doesn't coconut oil (the cooking type) contain extremely high level of LDL cholesterol? (thats the bad cholesterol)

i unfortunately have high cholesterol, and that product was the one most emphasized by my doctor to stay away from.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Zerbst

Explanation: S&F!

One reason to keep it in the dark would be to preserve its potency!

Virgin coconut oil wins the war of oils [coconutresearchcenter.org]

If sealed properly to prevent moisture, oxidation and direct sunlight exposure, virgin coconut oil stays potent with a maximum shelf life of two years.

I wonder if it would last longer if it was frozen???

Personal Disclosure: I'm not sure that it is a panacea but it sure is a very awesome product!

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Coconut oil is good for improving the immune system. It is eaten by HIV patients.

Coconut oil does not contain any cholesterol. No plant oils contain cholesterol. Only animal fats contain cholesterol. Your body produces cholesterol. High cholesterol may prevent cancer. There are no studies that show high cholesterol can lead to heart attack and stroke.

I used to sell a product made with coconut oil: popcorn. The media bashed it so bad I went out of business. It's hard to find it anymore.

C Everett Koop says that coconut oil as regarding high cholesterol is "foolishness."

In fact, PEOPLE WITH HIGH CHOLESTEROL LIVE THE LONGEST. www.chelationtherapyonline.com...

[edit on 5/8/2010 by Jim Scott]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Coconut oil is awesome for your hair and skin - great conditioner.

As for edibles - I prefer Olive oil.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alaskan Man
reply to post by Zerbst

doesn't coconut oil (the cooking type) contain extremely high level of LDL cholesterol? (thats the bad cholesterol)

i unfortunately have high cholesterol, and that product was the one most emphasized by my doctor to stay away from.

Hello, Alaskan. Thanks for the reply.

I'm glad you brought this up. I failed to talk about this in the OP, but is very telling to the conspiracy of this. This is the critical lie that drives the entire myth. It's actually derived from tests done only to hydrogenated coconut oil. All hydrogenated oils yield higher serum cholesterol levels none of which are comparable to organic virgin coconut oil.

The truth is OVCO is by far the healthiest and actually adjusts cholesterol levels favorably. It actually promotes thyroid function which stimulates the process of converting LDL cholesterol into anti aging hormones. It also promotes weight loss and protects against cancer.

Your doctor is dead wrong in saying that. If there's anything you should stay away from it's that doctor! OVCO will help your cholesterol and then some.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Great post. Well done for bringing this up.
It seems the cholesterol being bad for you myth is yet another one being peddled by big pharma in order to sell statin drugs. Nothing new there I guess.

Our bodies need cholesterol for healthy cell building amongst other things, it does not cause heart attacks. When people have heart attacks cholesterol is blamed, just because there is cholesterol there. I heard a good quote recently. "Blaming cholesterol for heart attacks is like blaming the sides of mountains for plane crashes"

All that said OVCO is probably the healthiest oil you could eat so it is not surprising that doctors and their drug peddling sponsors do not recommend it.

Not only is it healthy but it makes food dishes taste fab.

S&F

Peace

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

Thanks, Omega!

I'm glad to see some people know about this and its advantages, I'd just like to see more. This is one product of many out there for us. The more that people can understand this is when they'll realize our health is being used as a commodity to profit from. It doesn't have to be this way, but only we can change it!

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
Coconut oil is awesome for your hair and skin - great conditioner.

As for edibles - I prefer Olive oil.

I gotta try it as a conditioner! Thanks for the reply and the tip.

It's hard for some to believe these things are out there, but they are!

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
So... Ummm.... Where do I find an Organic Virgin to rub Coconut Oil on?

All kidding aside, I know that coconut milk was actually used as a replacement for plasma in transfusions during the war in the pacific on several occasions. No doubt there are more benefits to be had from the coconut (other than simply putting a lime in it and shaking them both up).

top topics

join