It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon urges decrease in spending on troops

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Pentagon urges decrease in spending on troops

www.msnbc.msn.com

The Pentagon, not usually known for its frugality, is pleading with Congress to stop spending so much money on the troops.

Through nine years of war, service members have seen a healthy rise in pay and benefits, leaving most of them better compensated than their peers in the private sector.

Congress has been so determined to take care of troops and their families that for several years running it has overruled the Pentagon and mandated more generous pay raises than requested by the Bush and Ob
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
This is SOOOOO sick on SO MANY LEVELS I just don't know where to begin...

I'm just speechless...

Let's spend money on research and development of new high tech weapons that ARE NOT NEEDED... let's waste money on MERCENARIES like Blackwater who are just thugs, let's waste money with Halliburton charging WAY MORE than the normal price, let's waste money on BANK BAILOUTS, let's waste money on EVERYTHING ELSE BUT THE TROOPS.

And let's forget about that whole 3 trillion missing from the Pentagon as reported in the news on September 10, 2001.

Let's make money with OPIUM in Afghanistan, USING the troops, let's make money USING the troops starting wars to sell weapons, let's make money GETTING DEATH INSURANCES on the troops through derivatives, so when troops die, you make money, let's cut health care for veterans because eh, they are now crazy and they gonna commit suicide anyway!

As Kissinger said, the elite really thinks troops are just cattle just ready to die as cannon fodder for them and their money....

THIS MAKES ME SO FREAKING SICK AND PISSED I'M GONNA GO PUNCH A WALL.

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 8-5-2010 by Vitchilo]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
The only way our peers in the private sector have it worse off then us is the medical we are provided.

Even then that isn't anything to celebrate over.

As for the pay.

We are soldiers 24/7 365 days a year. We get paid for every hour of that time. If you calculate it up you would see that we recieve about 25 cents an hour.

Tell me, what private job gets paid for those same hours at that rate?

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Audit Audit Audit

Congressmen John Murtha and Jim Moran shrug off a question about the Pentagon missing $2.3 Trillion, "you must mean Billion" - it's now 1 year later and they have still never acknowledged, or investigated the missing money-

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
LMAO! And some of you morons will sign up and lay down your life for these bureaucrat douchebags? They dont' care about YOU!

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

Indeed. Ignorance is king in the western world, thanks to the MSM, school programs, TV, sports, and every form of entertainment that is pushed 24/7.

Being educated about what's going in the world and doing something about it is frowned upon...

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

More High tech weapons are ALWAYS needed. mercenaries are unfavorable due to cost, and soldiers should have very good pay. You, and the pentagon, don't know what you're talking about.

top topics

join