It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WATCH VIDEO: Police Brutality? You Be The Judge

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   
the best way to stop police brutality is to cost them money. if these guys sued and were awarded 14 million directly from the police budget and they had to fire a few to make their budget. you better believe that all this nonsense would stop if you knew a 100 percent your job was on the line. these guys probably got high fives and are relaxing over a beer telling each other how nice their technique was. there should also be mandatory olympic style drug test because have of them are on steriods and their pea brains want to try out their new muscles. its turning into brazil style policing where these guys are just thug looking to kick ass. it's ok to kick a few drug dealers asses but in america apparently every one wants to be the next scarface or gangsta rapper and its hard to tell who are the wanna be idiots and the real thing. sometimes the innocent wannabes look more gangster than the hardest core guy.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 05:51 AM
link   
I don't know why, but I have a particular revulsion to seeing a female cop display this type of aggressive behaviour.

The woman who stomped on the guys leg later frisks a guy and then stands around yakking with another officer with big smirk on her face. It looks as though the adrenaline was pumping and she got a huge charge out being a bully.

Disgusting!

I hope the fella released gets some balls and sues the department. Seeing as he's Latino, he's probably had several bad experiences in the past with the police and is too afraid to confront them.

Too bad.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by deepred

I just don't understand why this happens in America....

In Mexico Cops round up thugs all the time and they even hit and rough them up, but if a Cop in Mexico gets rough with your you can always try to run or squirm out of it, I can't say you can fight back but they will not hold it against you if you try to relieve the pain and they wont get mad if you run after they stomp your head.

Cops in Mexico are assholes but there is not this threat of getting shot for assault because you twitched when you were getting you head stomped on.

In the US cops really have way to much power it's crazy.

As a fair comparison lets take a look at some of the police brutality in Mexico. Keep in mind this is a prison riot, look at how the police Handel it and then compare it to what happens In a normal arrest in the USA.

In this video below at around 45 seconds you can see an angry protester in the street actually assault an armed Officer and try to choke him. There were other unarmed angry family members attempt to take the firearms from police.

If an angry protester tried something like that in the USA they would have been shot on the spot cameras or not.

There is a dangerous lack of respect for life in US law enforcement. And it is getting worse and worse.

I don't want these officers to get punished for what they do, A cop getting sent to jail is a death sentence, I don't wish that on anyone. I will not stoop as low as a Cop. I'm just asking them to see reason and respect for a mans life.

[edit on 8-5-2010 by Izarith]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by randomname

Actually getting money because of police brutality is one of the main causes of police brutality.

A cop once he or she hurts you unjustly knows you will probably throw a lawsuit so to compensate for the lose of money they just go ahead and kill you.

This happens especially to black people and drunk drivers or the person involved on a high speed chase.

Getting brutalises by a Cop is viewed by Cops the same as shooting a Cop. You have just compromised one of their own so they see your death as justified payment.

I'd like to see an officer of the Law swear on their mother that this is not true.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by wayno

Its called the "Jayne Wayne" syndrome

New Faces, and New Roles, for the Police

But women are not immune from using excessive force. Ms. Fletcher identified a tendency by some rookie female officers to over-react, trying to live up to a tough image. "The cops call it the Dirty Harriet or Jane Wayne Syndrome," she said. "You'll find that most brutality cases are with rookies, although not necessarily women. They want to impress the older guys."

It isn't limited to rookies - as twisted as it she may have been basically showing off in front of the others to prove herself "tough".

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by deepred

Doesn't law enforcement officers have an obligation to uphold the law when a clear violation occurs right in front of them, even if it is a fellow officer that commits the violation?

It seems that many feel they do fulfill that obligation to uphold the law.
They just use the American right of jury nullification.
A jury of their peers decides that laws governing others are unjust when applied to them.
This jury is otherwise known as Internal Affairs.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by 23refugee

Internal affairs are no better than Cops.

They are like Cops when it comes to Cops. they don't want to mess with a small time cop squashing an innocent mans head with his boot, they want the Cop Selling drugs or something big.

Internal affairs could care less about police brutality, all they care about is crooked Cops who have probably never hurt anyone in their lives.

They leave police brutality to the police, once the cops have their stories and paperwork all set the way they want they get some AF guy to sign off on it.

The only way to solve police brutality is to some how make these cops understand that they are acting like Cops in Saudi Arabia, North Korea and any other tyrannical countries law enforcement acts. Hopefully once they see the ugliness and embarrassment they are causing their own country they might start acting like human being instead of ruthless Roman soldiers.

It's not right to have authority over the population if your just going to be just as Just as the criminals you arrest are. It strips Justice of it's meaning and it's wrong.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
There is a deep lack of respect for the police in the U.S., it is evident by all of these silly posts.
Am I the only one that noticed that the film starts after these guys are already on the ground? The police officer is pretty upset and he seems to not want this "homy" to move. I didn't see any speculation as to why this officer was upset. I would suggest that people that put their lives in harm everyday might get excited when their safety is threatened. If this was the case, I applaud the officer for not losing control. If he is guilty of anything, he is guilty of trying to intimidate an individual that showed a lack of respect for the officer's authority. Maybe the intimidation was justified, maybe not - it's not evident from viewing the video.
This is just another witch hunt, who is guilty of what?

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by onthedownlow

The officer was trying to intimidate someone who turned out to be innocent. What mistakes or errors in judgment did the officer make in deciding to intimidate the fellow? Was discrimination part of the picture since the victim was Latino and the officer shouted racial slurs?

Cops have hard jobs, but when they make mistakes, act poorly, with discrimination and with violence they need to be called out and reprimanded. It is far too easy when in a position of power to abuse that power. Allowing it to happen a little is an invitation for it to happen a lot.

That is what has already happened almost everywhere. Thank goodness for cameras. Its time to clamp down on this problem now before it gets any worse.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by onthedownlow
If he is guilty of anything, he is guilty of trying to intimidate an individual that showed a lack of respect for the officer's authority.

What he's guilty of is battery, just like the female officer who stepped on the prone man's knee.
What's silly is the belief that officers are allowed to be judge, jury, and executioner whenever their adrenaline is pumped and their egos are bruised.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Whoever was right and whoever was wrong, as stated a couple posts before it was stated best !!!

Thank goodness for cameras.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by wiredamerican

To make a tragic situation even worse is that the cameraman who is obviously a hero lost his job over this. First the channel refuse to take the footage and air the story and then he uploads it on youtube. Next thing you know the channel claims it's theirs exclusively and boot the cameraman

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Obvious police brutality. Even if he meant to stomp on the guy's hand instead of his head, why does he need a broken hand? Was he going to pull a gun out of the tear coming from his eye? They're all #ing idiots, and I hope every one of them gets what they deserve. The female pig clearly wanted to feel big too, even though she's a pathetic white trash nobody, stomps on his knee for no reason. That's why he could barely get up, not because of the head injury. Feel like a big strong woman now? He's not struggling one bit and did nothing to deserve it, so go to hell.

Honestly, I don't understand how the kid was so calm talking to the camera guy. If that were me, I'd probably start throwing punches and break at least one of their faces after they let me up. Even if the guy was a criminal he shouldn't be treated like that, and this guy was completely innocent. I'm thinking about how I would feel if that happened to me tonight. I'd probably try to find out who every one of these idiots were and try to get back at them.

A message to all of you pigs reading this- Don't wonder why nobody respects you, don't talk about how you do a thankless job, don't talk about how you risk your sorry lives for us every day, and don't act like you have no clue why somebody would call you just to ambush you. Start acting like you're supposed to, and then you can have my respect. Till then, you're getting nothing more than the finger from me.

Edit: To onthedownlow- Clearly the guy didn't have a weapon or threaten them if he was released, so good try. I bet he just argued with them and told them he didn't do anything wrong, so they figured they can beat the hell out of him. When there are 6 of you with guns, tazers, mace, and bulletproof vests, I find it hard to be that afraid of 1 unarmed kid.

[edit on 8-5-2010 by Calaustria]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

Yep, that's the conspiracy that nobody's noticed until you here. It appears that Q-13 a FOX affiliate tried to bury the story and when it was released on YouTube by the vidoeographer he was fired by KCPQ 13.

Here we have a mainstream television station not only filtering the news but suppressing the news of police brutality and then taking the action of firing the employee who decided to let the people see the truth.

Why Was Police Video not shown earlier?

Morris told KIRO 7 Investigative Reporter Chris Halsne he believes the station declined to run the video to protect police. "The station has a close relationship with police agencies because it airs Washington's Most Wanted," Morris said. "'Washington's Most Wanted' is their money-maker." A few days after he shot the video, he was fired, Morris said.

Did Q-13 Fox Suppress Police Brutality Video?

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by verylowfrequency

The video was disturbing, this is frightening. Does this get a seperate thread? Thanks guys.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
What's more disgusting is that if this story was about a Mexican beating a white guy saying "I'm going to kick your cracker a**" this story would be on the front page of ATS.

What the eff is going on lately?

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by nunya13
What's more disgusting is that if this story was about a Mexican beating a white guy saying "I'm going to kick your cracker a**" this story would be on the front page of ATS.

What the eff is going on lately?

Really?? Where are all the crusaders for human rights and defenders of American justice. I mean besides the ones that have already posted here.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
A little update. Guy who originally didn't air the clip has now resigned. mynorthwest.com...

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

"Q13 FOX News did not refuse to air the videotape. In fact, we were in the process of researching additional facts and details on this incident, when the photographer we paid to work that night and who videotaped it sold our copyrighted material to a competing TV station," Kraycik said last Saturday.

mynorthwest.com...

The fact that he resigned and an assistant manager was fired makes me doubt that his statement was a true one.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join