It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WATCH VIDEO: Police Brutality? You Be The Judge

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   

WATCH VIDEO: Police Brutality? You Be The Judge

www.q13fox.com

Q13 FOX News Camera was there during an arrest that now has one officer under investigation for misconduct. Please note: the unedited video contains explicit language.
SEATTLE - "I will beat the F***ing Mexican P*** out of you, homey. Do you feel me?" Those were the words heard from an SPD officer following an arrest outside a Seattle restaurant. A Q13 FOX News camera was there as the takedown happened in the early morning hours of April 17.

On the video, you can see an officer with the Seattle
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
The source link will take you to the video, if someone can embed video in thread that would be great.

Well I just watch the officer(?) that is seen in the video crying on TV about how very sorry he was about what occurred on the video and all I could think was "I bet this guy is only sorry now that the public has found out how he has abused his authority" It also bothered me that he seemed to be more concerned about how this would effect his fellow officers rather than any real concern for the victim.

The news reported that the victim has not pressed charge against the officers or department for fear of reprisal from the police.

I can not say if this officer(?) has a track record of abuse or not but, I would be suprised if his first and only abuse of power just happened to be caught on camera.

I think it is time to enact some form of laws with very, very severe punishments with mandatory prison time for any public servant, be it a parking enforcement officer or the President that abuses the authority given them.

www.q13fox.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 8-5-2010 by deepred]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I wonder how fellow officers feel when they witness an abuse and do nothing to stop it, do not report it, do nothing for fear of being disloyal to the force and fellow officers. Have the police become a "gang" protected because they administer "justice".

The kid in the video took a pretty good stomp to the side of the head as he lay face down on the ground not resisting in anyway.

Now this cop comes on TV crying and playing for sympathy, I simply can not understand why I should have any sympathy for a racist bully with a gun and badge.

If you or I were to say what this cop said we would be arrested for a hate crime, I think this officer should be too as well as all of his police buddies that witnessed this and did nothing.

I would still like to believe that this is an isolated incident and it was just a "bad apple" that did this but, you can not defend the officers that let these "bad apples" continue to go unpunished.

Doesn't law enforcement officers have an obligation to uphold the law when a clear violation occurs right in front of them, even if it is a fellow officer that commits the violation?

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Yes it's definately police brutality.

It wasn't just the cop that stomped him on the head, it was also the cop that stomped his back and then kept his foot on him.

Cops like that should be thrown off the force and charged with assault just as any civilian would be. If they are convicted they should also be sentenced to twice the amount of time that a civilian would get, because they are breaking the very laws that they took an oath to uphold. Cops should not be above the law.

And you're right if I had said what he said while assualting someone I would be charged with a hate crime.

Every cop that was there should be investigated and disiplined, the ones that stood there and did nothing to stop it are just as guilty as the ones that commited the assault.

What is so damn hard about stepping in between the cop and the suspect and saying hey man you're out of control, what you're doing is wrong, go walk it off. If they don't want to report it, don't, but at least stop it from happening.

Some cops are no better, and sometimes worse than the criminals.

I tried to embed it , but couldn't get it to work. Maybe you can get a mod to do it.

[edit on 5/8/2010 by chise61]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by chise61

Thanks for trying to get the vid in thread.

If a mod can embed that would be great.

I agree that at least the penalty should double, I am thinking something more along the lines of a mandatory twenty five year in prison.

I think the officer that stomps the kid in the back is female, the news did not address this clearly.

BTW they let the kid go after this, he had not committed an crimes other than being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

So I will warn everyone not to be in the wrong place at the wrong time or be the wrong color for that matter.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Oh there was a thread. I was just about to make one

Here's the vid from youtube

Pretty much as we all expect cops to behave these days.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   
I'm trying to figure out why the cops seemed to have different uniforms on. Some looked dark blue and others looked grey/blue, or something similar.

I know here in Chicago the captains (or maybe it's seargents) wear white shirts. But I don't think there could've been that many supervisors there.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Some were normal officers and the video commentary says that at least some were from gang task force or such. That would explain the black outfit.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

Perfect thanks for embedding the youtube vid.

The YT vid is an edited version and the vid at OP source is an unedited version.

I think in the YT edited version you can here what is said better.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Hey all,

And..........not a freaking word from the badge kissers. Normally these police threads are FILLED with the "one bad apple" crowd and the "he was under a lot of pressure" groups.

This is becoming more and more of a trend where the cop abuses his authority and then pisses and moans for forgiveness after the fact. Where is his compassion when he has the upper hand? Where is his sense of justice? I have to agree with everyone who is stating that the other cops, who stand idly by and watch this happen ARE NO BETTER than the cop(s) doing the stomping.

It really is a shame that we have to rely on video evidence before any of these "sworn protectors" will actually uphold their oath and responsibly protect the citizens and the community.

..Ex

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by deepred

They let him go because they realized they were being video taped by a news crew, and they were hoping that if they let him go he wouldn't press charges on them.

I bet after this tape went public they were lawyers crawling over each other trying to find out who he was and take his case.

reply to post by PsykoOps

Yeah that could be it, Thanks.

We have gang task force here in Chicago and they normally look like the other cops. But there have been times when they were expecting something big, or when there was a big event happening that they rode around in head to toe black.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by deepred

Any one with power can mis-use it, even you, so don't pick on cops..

Some cops mis-use the power, some don't, some straight, some crooked..

Don't forget that, it is the same as engineers, doctors, politicians, leaders, managers, business men, stock breakers, movie stars, sportsmen/sportswomen... Should I keep going?

With power, come responsibility..

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism
reply to post by deepred

Any one with power can mis-use it, even you, so don't pick on cops..

Some cops mis-use the power, some don't, some straight, some crooked..

Don't forget that, it is the same as engineers, doctors, politicians, leaders, managers, business men, stock breakers, movie stars, sportsmen/sportswomen... Should I keep going?

I am in NO WAY picking on anyone.

I am simply pointing out that abuse by those that are sworn to serve and protect or to enforce the laws should be held to a higher standard when violating the very laws they are being paid to uphold.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by deepred

I am simply pointing out that abuse by those that are sworn to serve and protect or to enforce the laws should be held to a higher standard when violating the very laws they are being paid to uphold.

Agreed, that they should be regulated more..

Although some cops do feel that the law doesn't work, so they make their own rules, since they feel they know more because they have more experience with crime and criminals.. But that has nothing to do with this video ^^ This cops was a straight dick head, who needs a dick through his head..

Don't get me wrong, you can't blame the cops, just like you can't blame the soldiers.. See how all the cops who were on the scene didn't even do any thing? While an innocent man was being stomped on. That means they have no fear, that means they have done it before, that means people up in the food chain allows it to happen..

They just tell us they don't allow such retardation to occur, but people who actually been there, know it happens daily..

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Yes the responsibility to rise above the temptation to break the laws that you swore an oath to uphold. The responsibility to act better than the criminals that they are supposed to protect the public from. The responsibility to follow protocol about when it is justified to engage in physical contact with a suspect.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

You make a good point, perhapse it would be more effective to hold the higher ranking officials accountable for the actions of the officers they supervise.

I want to make clear that I am pro police, that is pro good police. I just feel that anyone entrusted with authority over the public must be held accountable when they abuse the power entrusted to them.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Post deleted by deepred

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by deepred
reply to post by oozyism

You make a good point, perhapse it would be more effective to hold the higher ranking officials accountable for the actions of the officers they supervise.

I want to make clear that I am pro police, that is pro good police. I just feel that anyone entrusted with authority over the public must be held accountable when they abuse the power entrusted to them.

The easiest way of regulating those who are hired by us to regulate us(hence law enforcement agencies), is to implant a chip in their body.. That is when they will realize that the job they are hired to do has no space or time for crooks..

Those chips would display exactly where they are, what they are doing etc etc..

We are getting closer and closer to achieving such technology (hence mind uploading).. Cameras are temporary option..

Camera's are already being used I guess, so all this crap I wrote was for nothing lol

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   
The suspects in the video were let go when the police were informed that that they had the wrong people. The fact that these suspects were innocent, the LEO's bad behavior and learning that it was captured on video tape is what led to this Cops apology.

The female cop doing her little stomp is the icing on the cake here and an indication that this is standard operating procedure in Seattle.

I know since I lived in Seattle for more than 10 years. Though I have to admit I never had a problem with Seattle Police and they were always professional and respectful towards me, I have seen them abuse others unnecessarily.

Sadly that type of bad behavior is what led to several Police shootings in Washington in the past year. That is 5 LEO's were killed because a couple of clowns decided to get revenge against the police.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 04:39 AM
link   

top topics

<<   2 >>

join