It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Have Become a Racist

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
As one that works in the construction industry and have been in it for almost 30 years, I see many Mexican immigrants in my business. We, at one time had dozens of illegals working, not knowingly, they provided false documents and we are forbidden to ask the pertinent questions, that has now changed. There are periodic sweeps of construction sites by the workers comp, insurance, and osha. they can't do anything to the illegals, but if they're illegal, I can't get proper paperwork on them and so they are for the most part a thing of the past. (some still sneak through with forged documents, the accountant catches that)
So far as them working hard to support their extended family, as one earlier post opined, I know for a fact that the gimmick is they work alright, and yes, they do make do with less than a typical American family, the hidden truth is they do not carry their weight. Since American social service providers are unable to f\verify marital status, or income, the women of these families go on public assistance, and their litltle kids too!
We never made any adjustment to wage regarding race, and never will. So the result is an illegal, making as much as an American, not on the public dole, still having his family collecting at the public coffer.
Getting back to the OP, the problem I have with them is they come here and want to re-make this into Mexico. Look at the news to see how that worked out south of the border.
This is a fail of epic proportions people, and since we are allegedly a Gov't of, by and for the people, WE are the ones left holding the bag.

[edit on 5/8/2010 by LAUGHING-CAT]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by KeepWatchingThem

"EVERY GROUP IS A BIT RACIST!
Jesse Jackson referred to New York as “Hymetown” to disparage Jews.
Middle class whites call lower class whites “trailer trash.”
Thin people call fat people “Lard Ass”
We have all heard dozens of ethnic slurs thrown at another group when members of that group are thought to be out of earshot. Not just white people are racist.

I have been called “honkey” by Blacks, “gringo” by Mexicans, and “haole” by Hawaiians. "

I was just called a "hillbilly" by a RACIST BLACK WOMAN in Chicago a few weeks ago......because I am white and had the "balls" to let her know I didn't like the rude behavior she had been exhibiting towards me BECAUSE I WAS WHITE, (and I never ONCE referred to HER color or race) ......IT HAPPENS A lot in Chicago, (and you could BET, had I called her a *Snip* or some other racist slur, she would have screamed and bitched and I MIGHT have gotten in trouble. She didn't get in trouble or anything for using against ME a "racist slur"), Better yet...you should have seen some of the "discrimination" I saw in Salt Lake City in the late 80's/ early 90's towards those who were not MORMON..

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 5/8/2010 by semperfortis]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

I'm sorry you feel this way, but it is beyond me how an educated person can't see behind the smoke screen. The US has the technology to make our border impervious to illegal penetration. Your anger is directed at the symptom, not the cause.

I have a feeling you actually know the facts, but it is so much easier to vent your anger this way. Epic fail on your part

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Its sad that we are living in these hateful times. We live on a small planet, in a small solar system, in a small galaxy, in a huge universe. We are all the same, no matter what colour our skin is or where we are from. We are all related because we all came from the same place. You could say that the earth was our womb.

But we are a hateful race. Even on this small planet we find ways to hate eachother. I cant wait for the time when we see ourselves as human beings, and not races seperated by countries. But i feel i will be long gone before that happens

As i feel this way, i dont have a racist bone in my body, and i feel proud and lucky to feel this way

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I see the problem here. You're not racist, you're sick of being marginalized in your own country by people who refuse to assimilate or follow the law. This is a problem I have noticed with the Hispanic community. When my parents and I landed on American soil we weren't going to bring Cuba or Costa Rica with us. We didn't come here to be Cuban-American, or Costa Rican American, or just strangers in a strange land. No, indeed, we came to be Americans.

The Hispanic community, by an large, has no interest in assimilation. Illegals even less so.

None of this means you're racist. It means you're losing your patience. It's frustration thatone can benefit from the goodness of America without EVER feeling incline to call this their country, or give back in any capacity.

I don't know what causes this, but I do know that it needs to change.

[edit on 8-5-2010 by projectvxn]

Excuse the errors folks. My iPod sucks.

[edit on 8-5-2010 by projectvxn]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Cornczech

No! Not everyone is a racist. Don't mix your sick world view with mine.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I never SAID everyone was a racist...know how to read there Buddy? ABOVE the asterisks was a QUOTE from ANOTHER POSTER.....if you were a little more alert, you would have seen the "reply to" part of my post.....

I was quoting what had transpired to ME as a response to another's post.........

[edit on 5/8/2010 by Cornczech]

[edit on 5/8/2010 by Cornczech]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
No, indeed, we came to be Americans.

Define "Americans"? Unless you can do that your post means nothing, absolutely nada

I'm waiting with bated breath ...

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Sorry about that! So your entire post is just a quote with zero input from you? If so, I stand corrected! Ah, wait ... you didn't refute the quote. You just added fuel to the fire

[edit on 8-5-2010 by AllIsOne]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Sorry, I do not agree with this sentiment, not all "groups" are racist.

Being that I am an individual, I definitely am not a racist, and I know many groups.

I am not just one individual, within a group, who is not racist either.

Racism, is just as ignorant as an illegal action, such as "Illegal Immigration".

I suggest you back up a page and read my prior post on this thread.

Here's a link directly to it :

Border Wars : Smokescreen For Funding Illegal Actions Through Subversive Means

I might just expand it and make it into a thread just based upon my information.

In your experience, you might have seen much racism, but it does not fit everywhere.

Some people, like myself, go out of our way to fight ignorant racism.

Through studying the political nature of Government and socioeconomic impact.

Originally posted by AllIsOne

No! Not everyone is a racist. Don't mix your sick world view with mine.

I do see Cornczech was referring to "groups" and based upon his experience.

While I do not necessarily agree with him, not everyone has the same experiences.

As a former Security Officer, I had to deal with ignorant racism from staff and patients.

And I went out of my way to shut it down immediately through intelligence.

Deny Ignorance.

[edit on 8-5-2010 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
All these flags and starts for a thread promoting Racism? Are you kidding me? This country must really be full of morons.

You know it's funny, when Cinco de Mayo comes and Mexicans put up Mexican flags, white people bring out CONFEDERATE flags. Flags of the enemy of the United States just to put down Mexican culture but when it's St. Patty's Day there is nothing wrong with having an Irish flag. See the subtle racism here?

People like you and who agree with you are halting human progress, you will keep us in a hole because you can't get past your moronic bigotry.

Pathetic, that's all I can say about you.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by AllIsOne

An American is someone who believes in Natural Law. An American is someone who understands that there is no fate but what you make, an American is someone who does not require the government to take care of him/herself.

Those of us who know the history that brought us the gift we squander today, and who mourn for it, are True Americans.

That's my definition. What's yours?

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheDragonLord
I can never understand how people can say that illegals are taking their jobs.

Employers are required to pay American citizens minimum wage. Illegals on the other hand can be paid much less. If you were an employer, which would you choose? Think about it.

Do you get it now? Obviously you're going to choose the lower paid illegal because that's called making the most profit and that's what businesses do.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I was shocked to see this on the front page today. There are quite a few I want to respond to, so I will do it over a few different posts so bear with me.

Originally posted by antonia
You assumed that, were you back there doing the billing? How many blacks and whites go in there and get it too I wonder? Did you ask yourself that? Hell, if it's free I'll take it too.

I was in direct knowledge of the billing for most of the cases I saw.

You are quite right. It is the system that gives them the freebies. I am outraged over that. Still, that doesn’t detract from seeing the numbers coming into this country to abuse that system, and how that should make any American feel.

I think you need to look at the logistics of the thing. Maybe they didn't have a lot of money and there were more kids taking Spanish than French. Theres more Spanish speakers in this country than French speakers (and generally, there always was). It's a question of usefulness in the end.

In the USA, no second language is or should be ‘useful.’ English is the language that all business should be conducted in. If a job sends a worker out of the US, the they should train their employees in the necessary language.

This influx of illegals is directly related to the loss of local heritage. Your right that French is not very practical on a daily basis in the US. However, a secondary language is not taught in primary and secondary schools for its practicality, but for the mental/educational value of understanding a second language. I think maintaining a cultural connection to the origins of an area are best served in this manner. In some places, that may be Spanish. Here, its French. Or at least it was.

Originally posted by HalfAWorldAway
You don't live in an island, sorry you are citizen of a world. So bear with it. Most of the cultures transcend because of the cultural mix of several different regions.

There is no such thing as citizen of the world. Its this line of global nation crap that has infected the US with ideas that are repugnant to freedom and individual responsibility.

You are party right on cultural mixes being beneficial and lasting. However, let me use some scientific terms to clarify how you are wrong.

When two items are a mixture, they can seem to be one when you stir it, but if it sits, the items separate. That is what we have in America today because of the lack of assimilation.

What we need is a homogeneous solution. One where people coming here blend together.

Originally posted by divinetragedy79
Well, my friend. You have to include many other races besides my own. Don't forget that many other races come here, work, send their money to their homeland, after they retire, they head back with their pensions and retirement funds. One that comes to mind is the Phillipino people. I know very many that do this. It's not just the Mexican people that do this.

Your right. I don’t think non-citizens should have the privilege to work here as long as they want and continue to send the money out. This is why I think a temporary worker program should limit the time a person can be here. I think the same should apply to green card holders. I don’t think a person should be able to live in the system indefinitely and not be a citizen.

Originally posted by darthlung1
we should copy mexicos immigration laws word for word. punishment for punishment.

Good idea. In order to do that though, we would have to get rid of the club med prisons and jails we have. I speak from experience, having worked a short time in the corrections field.

Originally posted by OrphenFire
I still understand how you can become conditioned to hate any racial group. I hope you find it in yourself to lose that racism, though. Hatred is poisonous. It will poison you. Become good friends with a few Mexicans. Let them teach you their culture from their perspective. Learn their language.

I hope so too. This will require action on behalf of the illegals and the legal Hispanic separatist/racist who are here. If the illegals all self deported, and all the legal ones left didn’t complain, I think those feelings might dissolve rapidly.

Originally posted by godfish
I'm sure that if anyone was to examine self they would on the surface feel the same way, but if you continue to look deeper you will find that it's just anger at change.

I considered this, but I don’t think I personally have a problem with change, in general. I have a major problem if the change means going away from the lifestyle and civility of American culture to one of Mexican barrios.

Originally posted by Maslo
I think you are a "cultural racist", who believes that ALL the people have the same potential, but a dominant culture in their race can be either better or worse, shaping the people of that race, on average, for better, or for worse.

I can understand your assessment, but I disagree. I don’t identify with one culture. I consider ‘American culture’ to be one of a blend of many, including many latin ones. If that blend of cultures over preferring a single culture would define me as a cultural racist, then I suppose so. I don’t like to see one culture completely try to take over.

Originally posted by xEphon
It seems like the OP has put in a lot of mental effort to justify why he has become "conditioned" to be a racist (a concept I am still struggling to understand) without a single example of any meaningful personal relationship he has had with a Mexican.

I don’t think a ‘meaningful personal relationship’ with an illegal is necessary to have such feelings. Put it this way, if there were two 5th grade classes, and the behavior of both classes were a factor for having recess, and everyday your class was told the other was too bad so their would be no recess. You had no direct interaction with that class, but they greatly affected your life. You think that wouldn’t cause you to develop a personal negative feeling towards the people in that class?

There is no doubt illegal immigration is an issue; however, it's an issue of politics, not race. As was mentioned before, legal Mexicans and Hispanics despise illegal immigration and the problems it causes as much as anyone.

Its an issue of politics AND personal actions and culture. Despite the lack of government attention to the border, and the continued support of illegals via benefits, the individuals chose to break the law, abuse the system and not assimilate. You can’t make them seem like innocent victims.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by nunya13
The government and the employers taking advantage of these people are the problem. These people who come here illegally don't have some nefarious plan to take over our country. They are simply trying to support their families back home. You can say, "Well it's there problem that they can't demand better from their government". Really? And where have WE gotten with our demands? Is our government listening to us? Do they give a flying frogs behind what we want them to do? What king of change have we been able to bring about by voting for certain people and protesting on Wall Street, in the White House, or at our state capitals? None. I don't know why we hold Mexicans to a higher standard when it comes to the effectiveness of being able to sway leaders with public opinion.

I expect them to either stay an bear it, or do something about it, NOT to include invading my country and allowing the same to happen here.

I'm not condoning illegal residence in this country. I'm saying we need to quit blaming THEM and start demanding accountability from our own government and the people who employee them. If someone get deported from the US, then we should be finding out who their employer was and punishing them somehow. But, it's not like we don't know who is employing these people.

Agreed, the government needs to be held just as accountable and business need to be made to pay the consequences of aiding and abetting these law breakers.

reply to post by siahchi

I appreciate your suggestions. I can understand the concept of a global life, but this isn’t about life.

No form of government or nation can ever be perfect. I do believe though, that the USA created the best possible concept for government, and by coincidence, a nation than can or will ever exist. This idea of self-governance, individual freedom and responsibility, and the idea of a melting pot of cultures and races is divinely inspired, IMO.

However, when a group decides, for whatever reason, to not participate in those ideals, they are risking, if not downright destroying that system. I can’t stand for that.

reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

Thanks for the book recommendation. I will try to get a copy of that. It seems interesting.

There are only two things that certainly infuriate me: my government’s actions/inactions, and the influx of non-assimilating illegal Mexicans. I assure you, the overwhelming majority of my anger and actions associated with such are directed towards the government.

Originally posted by AllIsOne
Your anger is directed at the symptom, not the cause.

Again, I know that the government holds the keys and as such has the lion’s share of responsibility. There are however, individuals who are part of the problem. While I don’t hold back from my disdain for the actions and inactions of the US government in such matters, the fact that individuals who have the choice are part of it and I can direct my anger at that.

Originally posted by QuetzalcoatlAlien
You know it's funny, when Cinco de Mayo comes and Mexicans put up Mexican flags, white people bring out CONFEDERATE flags.

It’s funny you should bring this up. I don’t have a problem with people celebrating their heritage. Even though Cinco De Mayo isn’t actually a heritage celebration, it is practiced by many as such. I have no problem when they celebrate St. Patrick’s day in Chicago and bring out Irish flags, or Octoberfest with German ones. I don’t even care if it’s a Confederate flag. I do have a problem when those flags hang all the time from countless homes and rear view mirrors.

The thing that sparked my post on this matter, what the story of the Americans being told to take off the US patriotic wear because it was Cinco de Mayo and they were or could offend mexican-Americans. There is no room for hyphenated Americans in the USA.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wolf321

The thing that sparked my post on this matter, what the story of the Americans being told to take off the US patriotic wear because it was Cinco de Mayo and they were or could offend mexican-Americans. There is no room for hyphenated Americans in the USA.

No room for hyphenated Americans in the USA? So you are saying the United States should be composed of nothing but whites? You are ridiculously backwards and incredibly ignorant. The United States has always been made up of minorities, no matter what you think or what you are against, all races will be living peacefully without your ignorant bigotry.

You act like a patriot of the United States but you are simply keeping the United States from progressing.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wolf321
I am sick of what the latino separatist, Mexican/Hispanic pride, people and groups have done to my country.

I'm sure their great grandfathers felt the same way about 160+ years ago when they owned the land you live on now.

But, in respect to current events, I feel the same way as you. The gradual erosion of American pride being replaced by diversity training is a sad thing to watch happen as its force fed to us.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I've been lurking around here for quite a while but I had to join just to reply to this thread.
My heritage is Costa Rican and I was born in the U.S. but I want to tell you that I agree with you 100%. My dad came to this country in 1956 and became a citizen in 1958. He did everything he could to fit in and learn the American way. He didn't forget where he came from but he was proud to be an American. Now these people you speak of are a slap in the face to the people that did it the right way and now because of them you might look at me or my dad differently. I don't blame you one bit.
They are breaking the law and need to be treated like criminals.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by QuetzalcoatlAlien
The United States has always been made up of minorities, no matter what you think or what you are against, all races will be living peacefully without your ignorant bigotry.

So you prefer divisional terms like: Hispanic-American, African-American, Chinese-American. Why should it not just be AMERICAN?!!

Too many people complain about race being an issue, and those same people want to use race when it can give them an advantage over another. Shame on them, and those who agree with that!

Race should only be a factor of any importance for a doctor when determining genetic predispositions, not government for benefits or individuals for special treatment.

You act like a patriot of the United States but you are simply keeping the United States from progressing.

Progressing to what in your opinion? Mexico 2? The Socialist States of America? What exactly is my idea of a unified culture, indifferent to race prohibiting???

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join