It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Have Become a Racist

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove

if you must play the victim, I'll go get a tagament for my nausea.

Can I have one? His post was so wrong headed it makes me want to vomit!!!

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I agree, this is sad but at least it's honest. Is it better to be a racist and pretend not to be than to be a reluctant non-violent racist and honest about it? I don't think so.

And to be honest, what you've said, OP, goes for England also. Ten years ago I was staunchly left-wing, Liberal anti-racist. I'm a good person by all accounts, and yet as the years have passed, I've found that the actions of my corrupt government have effectively turned me into a racist. At heart, I'm not racist - by the true definition. I judge people by their actions, not their race. But until those actions become apparent, on first glance all I can think of is how political correctness and mass-immigration have completely altered the ancient, sovereign land of my ancestors. In 30 years the indigenous people of Britain will be a minority. Is it racist to have a problem with that? Apparently so.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
[quote
Agreed. I still would prefer money being made here, stay here.

Well, my friend. You have to include many other races besides my own. Don't forget that many other races come here, work, send their money to their homeland, after they retire, they head back with their pensions and retirement funds. One that comes to mind is the Phillipino people. I know very many that do this. It's not just the Mexican people that do this.

But I know that this whole xenophobia is really geared toward the Mexican people. And don't get me wrong, I don't like the idea of having too many illegals here myself, of any kind.

Cheers...

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
If racism isn't allowed on ATS, why is this thread here, and why is it on the front page?

Being honest about being racist doesn't make it any better?

Parallex.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
we should copy mexicos immigration laws word for word. punishment for punishment. they would still call us racist. they openly speak of reconquering the southwest and killing all whites. we condemn it and get called racist. Not wanting to see signs in Spanish in the United States is not racist. I dont want to see them in French, Dutch, Russian, Arabic, Farsi, Korean or German either(and I speak German). Spanish is a white langauge born from Latin. I have a freind from Vericruz, Mexico. He doesnt speak to his kids in Spanish, English only. He does not fly a Mexican flag, He flies Old Glory. In his words "I didnt leave Mexico to bring it with me. If it was such a great place I'd still live there. That place was nothing but pain and sorrow."

It took him 6 years to get his green card.

But yes it is geared toward Mexico. Mexico is the one tring to retake the southwest. Not El Salvador, not Honduras, not Guatemala its Mexico. How many 1000s of illegals do Mexican police kill every year. Latinos from other countries hate going through Mexico. The men are murdered and the women are raped first then murderd. It is reconquista. We dont see a multitude of Latin American flags going up, just Mexican. Its called an Invasion.

[edit on 8-5-2010 by darthlung1]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unown
This illegal immigrant business has caused nothing but trouble. I'm truly sorry for what these obnoxious and troublesome illegals have done.

I myself am of Mexican descent, but was born in the US. I am NOT related to any illegals, just in case you were wondering. In fact, I HATE it when they try to group the "hispanic community" together when I don't support them one bit!

People becoming racist over this whole ordeal is what I feared would happen. I just want to assure you that there are ones like me who also want these illegals to leave. I don't have any of that "Mexican pride" rubbish because I am an American. Sadly, I can't speak for the majority of the legal immigrants since it seems they too support the illlegals (Why do they even care, since they're already legal?!), but I know I am speaking for myself here. I've wanted to tell someone how I felt since a long time ago.

Anyway, I apologize once again for how these "people" have been acting. I would ask that you reconsider your decision Wolf321, but how can I do that when I know you'll be disappointed? I guess, all I ask is for you to know that I'm with you and those of us who have had it with these illegals.

You have absolutely nothing to apologize for. Neither you, nor your family has done anything wrong. You are not responsible in any way for what others have done. Kudos to your family for being here legally!

I feel bad for the legal citizens who are grouped together with the illegals. Sadly, the majority of illegals in many areas across the U.S. are Latino and so the legal citizens who are Latino or look it, get treated unfairly.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
How! indian say hello!! i think you should leave now too and leave our land alone. you still want to kill indigenous people hahahaha crazy , you poor mind doesnt let you see what your spirit did when young, but really you, they, we are not in the wrong place we just see it in the wrong way. I was just thinking how the Australian aborigens allmost exterminated by the English colonizers should think

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I can understand how you became conditioned like this. No one is born racist; it's impossible. Racism is always conditioned. Always.

I work with about ten Mexicans. They have all been here for many years. Guess how many of them speak fluent English... Only three of them. Three of them do not speak English beyond a couple of words. The remaining four speak partial English; that is, I can actually relay work tasks and things to them, but you can forget about a meaningful fluent conversation in English.

My response to this? I have decided to use this scenario to my advantage. I am learning Spanish from them, and in turn teaching them English, something I don't think anyone has done for them. We are sharing our two languages between each other. They are all wonderful people, and great workers, too. I defend them any time someone makes a remark against all Mexicans. It's because they are good folks and don't deserve the negative connotations that a lot of Hispanics get.

I still understand how you can become conditioned to hate any racial group. I hope you find it in yourself to lose that racism, though. Hatred is poisonous. It will poison you. Become good friends with a few Mexicans. Let them teach you their culture from their perspective. Learn their language. It may help you in many ways in the future.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

i cant blame you i feel the same way

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I deal with so many cultures. Many are happy and grateful to be here, some are not.
It really boils down to that many illegal immigrants do act like we should be catering to them. My work requires citizenship. If not, there are special programs for those who are not. But sometimes when someone who is Latin doesn't have a SS number, we have to ask their immigration status. They actually get mad and act like we called them a racist name to their face. But they are here illegally. I have not witnessed this with any other race. Period. I see people from all over the world, all walks of life. The ones who can't speak English are either very new, and they all bring translators with them. Only the Spanish speaking expect us to have translators.

The people who are the angriest? The legal immigrants. They spent a fortune, and a lot of time and they integrated.

It is not necessarily about race. We have a lot of Eastern Indians. I have yet to meet an Indian who doesn't speak English. And they have their own communities and markets. Massive communities.

In fact, my Grandmothers apartment tower went from being all white senior citizens till she was the very last person left. It was all Indian. There was never a problem, never a crime, it was clean. Just smelled like currey sometimes, which I love but not everyone does. Never a problem. When my gma went to move to a retirement community, the neighbors called her Auntie(which is a respectful term for senior women) and brought her and my family over for a feast. My family said they hadn't eaten that much since Thanksgiving. And they did it on the fly! lol
And they told my Gma how sad they were to see her go.

You can be proud of your culture, and proud of your heritage in the US and still be American.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I'm sure that if anyone was to examine self they would on the surface feel the same way, but if you continue to look deeper you will find that it's just anger at change. Mexicans are mostly good hard working people, just like people in the USA and they are just trying to have a better life.

BUT. they need to follow the laws and wait in line. I'm ageist Illegals because they are breaking the law that is designed to choke a flood to a creek, allowing legal emergents to learn their new home language and culture.

The flood is confusion and misplaced anger, they don't get a chance to learn anything. to combat the confusion they try and make small bubbles to live in that are for their kind with their language culture. Then the small bubbles become larger and larger the more that come in illegally.

They see and feel the resentment and racism of Americans and they push back to piss you off! making things worse on them.

You feel raciest because you see them pushing back to make you mad, Ultimately this whole thing ends up like it is now!.

I'm sorry that they can't make money in their own country but they need to apply to get in and the law is the law we have it for a reason, they need to go home and do it the right way.

DO NOT PLAY IN TO THE ANGER and Racism, it will only make you look like the bad guy! we just need to enforce the laws and send them home.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Free market is not free if people can not migrate freely. If banks and corporations have no borders, people should be free to travel wherever they want. At the end of the day - people should have more rights than companies!!!

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   

I have yet to meet a Mexican immigrant that didn't work hard and try to support his extended family. They work for pennies on the dollar and are glad to do it. It is sad that they draw your disgust. Maybe you should move to Mexico and steal their jobs.

Good try, but you need to prove you are a Mexican citizen to get a job in Mexico. Do you know what Mexico does with people trying to get over their southern border? Look it up.

OP, I stand with you.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
I deal with so many cultures. Many are happy and grateful to be here, some are not.
It really boils down to that many illegal immigrants do act like we should be catering to them. My work requires citizenship. If not, there are special programs for those who are not. But sometimes when someone who is Latin doesn't have a SS number, we have to ask their immigration status. They actually get mad and act like we called them a racist name to their face. But they are here illegally. I have not witnessed this with any other race. Period. I see people from all over the world, all walks of life. The ones who can't speak English are either very new, and they all bring translators with them. Only the Spanish speaking expect us to have translators.

The people who are the angriest? The legal immigrants. They spent a fortune, and a lot of time and they integrated.

It is not necessarily about race. We have a lot of Eastern Indians. I have yet to meet an Indian who doesn't speak English. And they have their own communities and markets. Massive communities.

In fact, my Grandmothers apartment tower went from being all white senior citizens till she was the very last person left. It was all Indian. There was never a problem, never a crime, it was clean. Just smelled like currey sometimes, which I love but not everyone does. Never a problem. When my gma went to move to a retirement community, the neighbors called her Auntie(which is a respectful term for senior women) and brought her and my family over for a feast. My family said they hadn't eaten that much since Thanksgiving. And they did it on the fly! lol
And they told my Gma how sad they were to see her go.

You can be proud of your culture, and proud of your heritage in the US and still be American.

Well said!!!! That is the reason why so many American's are highly resentful. Only the latinos demand being catered to and they are.

There are no other special languages on signs but spanish. We can't even make a phone call without pressing 1 for english, 2 for spanish. Many of our citizens will be in debt for the rest of their lives because of medical bills. If you are illegal, no problem, all expenses paid. They get a lot of freebies that our own citizens can't get because they make a few dollars over the poverty limit. Give me a break! And pro illegal folks don't give a damned.

For all those who don't understand why we say the illegals are taking our jobs: If thousands of illegals no longer held jobs, there would be thousands of openings for the legal citizens who deserve the jobs in the first place. It is a complete lie to say that they are only taking the jobs that the legal citizens won't take. I worked with them so I know.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Parallex
If racism isn't allowed on ATS, why is this thread here, and why is it on the front page?

Being honest about being racist doesn't make it any better?

Parallex.

I say let the thread stay up. Its better that this site offer a real and harsh view of the world rather than be politically correct.

This thread speaks to how evil and tainted this world is--which is something people need to realize and be reminded of.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
The mexicans around here don't bother me, and we have a lot here, this is CA afterall. They do the crappy backbreaking jobs noone else wants to do. The ones that I DO have a problem with are the kids of them and the teenagers and stuff, because a lot of them are gangbangers....etc. And grrr I freaking hate gangbangers with a passion!

But in general a good amount of mexicans I have met and talked to are extremely polite people and good natured people.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeasahtheseer
The mexicans around here don't bother me, and we have a lot here, this is CA afterall. They do the crappy backbreaking jobs noone else wants to do. The ones that I DO have a problem with are the kids of them and the teenagers and stuff, because a lot of them are gangbangers....etc. And grrr I freaking hate gangbangers with a passion!

But in general a good amount of mexicans I have met and talked to are extremely polite people and good natured people.

OH GOD I am sick of the gangbangers as well! This crap is giving hispanics a bad name. The MS13 are the worst.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by dragnet53

Yep. Nortenos and Surenos and all them are all over the place here, its disgusts me!

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

I do not think that I am a racist but I find so much truth in what you say. I have had many recent experiences regarding much of the same. Where I live almost every other door is a Hispanic household now, it was not like that 4 years ago. I pull in from work and have groups of 5-6 that stare at me as I wait for them to unblock my driveway.When I leave and they are standing near the driveway they do not want to move as I pull out. I am also awakened at various hours to music that always seems to have the same beat. The children play next to my vehicles....in my driveway....with parents that watch and do nothing about it.

I have spoken with a few of my neighbors and they are complaining about the same experiences. I have always said "live and let live" but find myself getting more and more aggravated about the lack of mutual respect.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
~~a conversation overheard at a PTB summit~~

"Have you seen the numbers at these "Tea Party" rallies? It's
getting harder and harder to marginalize these idiots
thru the MSM. Reminds me of the Hippies back in
the sixties. That little movement ended our payday in Vietnam.
Question is...What are we gonna do about it?"

"Divide and conquer, sir."

"Divide and conquer!?...Who is this egg-head nerd we let into
our meetings? Did you hear what I just said, son!? The Republican
Democrat thing is played out. We tried to paint the Republicans as racist
over Obama and it's getting thrown in our faces...hell, the two party's
are coming together as we speak. And because of this "Blow Out
Congress" movement, we are very liable to lose KEY
members of both the House AND the Senate.

"Divide and conquer, sir. Not Republican and Democrat. Not black and white.
But immigrant illegal against natural citizen. I and the rest of your hired,
egg-head nerds, as you call us, have had this contingency on the back-
burner for your protection. Now is the time to implement...to be truthful,
we have already implemented various aspects of this division thru the MSM.
Look at what we have already accomplished in Arizona. This will be your
new focus of attention, and this issue should be the deciding factor in
many of the south western elections...we egg-head nerds earn our pay,
sir."

"Hmmm..."

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join