It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Have Become a Racist

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by mr. toddly

My family escaped Cuba and waited 10 years in Costa Rica, where I was born, to come here. We were always dirt poor. But we didn't break the Law.

[edit on 9-5-2010 by projectvxn]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by FrostForests

your argument about the birds and snakes is flawed. they are different species. mexicans and americans are not.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheDragonLord
I can never understand how people can say that illegals are taking their jobs. Most illegals work low paying, back breaking jobs with little to no benefits. If these are the kinds of jobs that you are aiming for, then you need to take a second look at your life.

And I think you are seriously exaggerating on everything you wrote. You make it sound like they are appearing by the millions when in reality they are crossing over at a steady rate. Sure there has been an increase in hispanic culture on America, but it isn't nearly as extreme as you describe it.

Just some words of advice; before you hate on a whole group of people, maybe take the time out to actually get to know these people. You will find that most of these people are simply here to get new opportunities to help out their families back home. Who are we to deprive them of that right?

The only reason those jobs pay so little is because illegals are willing to work dirt cheap. Take sheetrocking for example, it use to pay a decent wage but due to all the illegals it's now usually 8 dollars an hour and under. People who attempt to use the excuse "illegals do the jobs we won't" are typically morons with no actual information or knowledge on the topic. I suggest actually knowing a subject before you speak on it. Secondly, you openly support taking half a billion a year from OUR economy and sending it to Mexico, yet another statement which proves how truly ignorant you are on said discussion. I suggest you try getting informed on this topic as well.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

i live in michigan. but the culture has always been weird to me.

every person i know who is mexican carries a knife and sells drugs. (not saying every mexican carries a knife and sells drugs)

i befriended one of them; first time i met him he pulled a knife on me for a bag of hot cheetos. lol, i'm serious.

i tend to be pessimistic about a person when i first meet them until proven i can be optimistic anyways, but its just one aspect of racism that i've thought about through my life.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   
The most glaring thing to me on this thread is that some of those accusing others of racism are some of the biggest racists I've ever seen. (maybe I should say "reverse racists" ;-) now that we "know" that invective directed at white people "doesn't count" as racism)

If we still enjoyed government "by the people, for the people", the OFAs would report back to their supervisors that this just isn't going to fly. Regrettably, we have learned from the healthcare insurance/ Big PhRma Bailout (& other things since Obama took office) that "amnesty" will, in the end, be crammed down our throats, too.
At least it is an awakening experience, I guess.

[edit on 9-5-2010 by DogsDogsDogs]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   
I was having an interesting conversation with an Asian friend the other day. Close to here, there is a flea market that encourages people to NOT sell to blacks and hispanics. It's really hateful and as a business, it is failing. (Wonder why? lol)

Anyway, she was saying that she was scared to come here because she was Asian. I honestly told her that I'd never seen or heard any racism here towards Asians. I haven't. In fact, I think most people put Asians in the 'white' classification here.

Anyway, we were discussing how when a particular race comes in, if resources or cultural identity is put at risk, then racism erupts.

It sorta mirrors what OP was talking about - as a group, another group can be perceived to be threatening to resources and jobs and traditions.

It's really tribal. I tend to think of people running in herds, like sheep, or cows- but really, humans tend to run in tribes. Tribes fight. We can call them races I guess.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   
wow...80+ flags and stars for admitting you are ignorant.

Has ATS broken out the white sheets and burning crosses officially?

Should we change the name of the website to "Whites Above Top Secret" and only let the Mexican members read BTS? Should we change the name of the "Conspiracy Chicks" to "White Conspiracy Chicks"?

If a member comes on here and admits he has become conditioned to become a rapist...are we all going to star/flag the post and applaud him for his honesty? That is what I'm seeing here..."I'm not a racist...but S/F for your honesty." That is a load of BS...you just don't have the balls to say you are also a racist.

I almost stopped coming to ATS when they allowed a thread about putting 250k bounties on illegal Mexicans...and I think I may be done for good now. ATS clearly has a large group of racists as members...so ATS has a large group of ignorant close minded members...congrats. Whatever brings the page hits. I may stay around just to piss the racists off...remind them they are becoming the minority every day and there is nothing they can do to stop it.

And OP...if you are so concerned about speaking or learning french....move to Canada...we push 1 for English and 2 for Spanish here in America.

[edit on 9-5-2010 by OutKast Searcher]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

Do you mean come to the flea market or come to the US, Hadriana? Comparatively speaking, people of Asian extraction make up a pretty small percentage of the US population.
It isn't as though we are overrun. I would be hard pressed to believe that your friend would find herself in an uncomfortable situation. I guess it all depends on where Y'All are, but I haven't heard of it before. (except for the period during WW2 when Japanese people in the US were maltreated by association). What I do know is that Asian people are highly successful in business here and are generally entrepreneurs in widely diverse fields. (One of our favorite places to eat is a French style bistro owned & run by a Viet Namese lady who is a French chef) The tailor who does our alterations is 1st generation, but I don't know what part of Asia he is from.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by mr. toddly

I get the point you are making, but here are your pawns gearing up to go into action. This is off of the front page of Drudge Report today.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

As one of the not so frail white people.....I'm with you 100%. I think your feelings are natural. The funny thing is though, only white people can feel this way and be racist, for anyone else their just pridefull.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

Yes, you HAVE become a racist. And that's exactly how it happens. You start taking one aspect of something (illegal immigration) and you apply it to ALL things associated with that heritage.

It's like a person who has some bad experiences with some black thugs and decides to associate that with ALL black people. That's EXACTLY what racism is. A decision. A choice.

Some of us (like me) hate illegal immigration, but are discerning enough to separate illegal immigration from the rest... Mexican culture, Spanish, the architecture, the food, the music, Hispanic people and the wonders of the Hispanic world. I am immersed in it. And I love it. I have that choice.

Being racist is purely your choice. You TALK like a victim of these people, as if they made you racist, but you couldn't be more wrong. YOU are responsible for your racism. YOU and YOU alone. YOU have the choice. I'm sorry you (and so many others here) have made that choice, but I'm glad that some of us choose NOT to be racist.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

I'm sorry but I can't hold it back anymore.

You Sir, just lost; you caved in.
You got defeated.
No more seeing through the superficial veil of deceit, instead you let it blind you.
You didn't have what it takes to remain clear sighted...
That makes you less of a man you know...

You have decided to take the easy way out; the path of ignorance.
Making believe there are "those people"...the oldest BS in the book.
And the irony; as long as you keep thinking that, you will yourself be one of "them".
If there was an antonym for "congratulations", I would have written it here.

It is now the year 2010.
Still, the minds of simple men remain simple like water; taking the path of the least resistance.
It is so much easier to think like you chose to do.
Easy thoughts for simple minds.
The big picture is too big for the narrow thinker.

I hope it will dawn upon you, sooner or later, how horribly wrong you are.
The least you could do is take a history class.

I feel like
but at the same time

I do understand where your resentment comes from, but that is more of an explanation than an excuse.

Peace.

Originally posted by hadriana
I understand it is because toilets are holes in the ground there, like in Europe,

Hmm...no they're not.
Ignorance: embraced.

[edit on 9-5-2010 by Raud]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Top Marks! OP its always better to give into hate rather than trying to look past ones skin colour and sterotypes. Immigration is nothing more than invasion without war by people from various broken countries.

We are all supposed to just shut up and embrace "their" culture and enjoy the diversity that it brings. Never once trying to put ourselves in their position, I mean after all if I was un-lucky enough to be born in a failed country I know I would try anything to try and leave it for a better life (legal or otherwise) NO! its much better to give into hate and fear and believe all the media tells us.

We shouldn't be proud of the fact that across the world in places that don't even have safe drinking water (imagine that!) our various western countires are seen as a chance for freedom from oppression, a bastion of fairness and although not perfect, a chance for a better way of life.

NO! Its always better to give into hate and fear, after all once you have taken that step of projecting racist opinions into the world, you'll find that alot of people (Like with on this thread) agree with your standpoint and together you can form groups like the KKK and the nazis, spending nights congratulating each other on being brave and "just saying what everyone else is too scarred to say but secretly thinks".....

Long wonderful nights spent showing off your new swastika ink, whilst relaying stories from the media that back up your stance. Stories like, immigrants fighting for immigrant rights (The nerve!) Long and winding nights spent making sure your sisters don't hook up with anyone that wasn't born on the same piece of rock as you, reading booklets on how to "Spread the word!" and inform your nearest and dearest of the next possible move those pesky immigrants might make.

Yes! its a full and enlightening life becoming a rascist, you'll never be stuck for new friends and close minded people to help you along the way, filling your head with a constant stream of info that backs up your hatered of anyone different.

Be vigilant! my friend, for its down to people like you.....watching "their" every move that allows the rest of us to continue enjoying this beautiful melting pot of humanity and basking in the love that it brings..........

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by beyondsense
reply to post by Rockpuck

You guys need to get over the fact that Mexico is invading your country (excuse me, taking back their land) without using one single tank or missile. Must hurt your pride so badly that's all you keep talking about. Why don't you ask Washington to just return the occupied land and we can all move on?

Sorry i have to type in here first of all it wasn't their land to begin with ! it was Native American(American Indian Land) First Nation ) just as the Whole America was .. as those Mexicans are Partly Spanish (from Spain) Descent ! I love to see Mexico take over of the Indian Reservations in Arizona , Nevada , Texas , etc...

the Spanish lost their Invaded Occupied Territory in the 1840s

The french lost theirs in Canada in the 1700s

[edit on 9-5-2010 by Wolfenz]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Place the blame where blame belongs, on the people who hire illegals.
Second line.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
This thread is being watched now thanks to certain members who couldn't discuss the OP in a civil manner.

I know racism is a hot topic, but please get a grip and post in a mature fashion. Thanks for your support.

Peace

[edit on 9-5-2010 by Dr Love]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

I say this tongue in cheek- but you took the easy way to racism.

Let me give you a real way to end up like that, just on a worse scale (and hopefully, the Reader's Digest condensed version..)

I was like you in many ways, Epcot, didn't have a racist bone in my body. I injured my back at work, and decided to head to Mexico to live cheap, soak up sun, and heal up, since I was now on disability.

I ground to a halt in Brownsville, Tx. What happened next was 3 months of pain, suffering, deceit, racial profiling (OF ME), abuse, arrest, theft, Discrimination, and all out insanity. I was pushed to the point of murder by these people. I was literally peed on at one point. I was abused, insulted, and nearly killed, robbed, and screwed.

All I wanted to do was live in peace and quiet.

When I got back up there to NC, I saw the same things you did, but because my eyes were kicked and punched open. I saw **** that'd turn hair snow white- and the list is literally endless of the abuses and other horrid things I witnessed and experienced. Some at the hands of a "Christian" employer here in NC, who lets his crew of *cant use the terminology I'd really want to here* run slipshod thru their jobs- and guess whose is was to clean up after them......

What makes it 1000000 times worse is the fact that real, honest Mexicans are just as upset and incensed as US! Not the border slime invaders- actual people who came here for a real, honest living!

So, you have to ask yourself, WHY is the US and Mexico dealing in the ways of these 'people', who are here illegally, and ruining lives on both sides of the border? WHY are they protected?

[edit on 9-5-2010 by wylekat]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
i am a white american...i lost my job (computer technician) 4 years ago, i have a B.S. in computer technology and had 15 years of experience. it was a non-union job, california is a state where a employer needs no reason to fire you legally. the next week they hired a mexican immigrant who spoke broken english and was fresh out of tech school. i was making 17 dollars an hour with benefits. he was hired at 9 dollars an hour without benefits.

yup...i guess we white americans JUST DON'T WANT TO WORK THOSE JOBS....right...sure...that's the reason.

bitter? you're damn right, but not at our government, but at the corporations that work behind the scenes, pumping money into local, state and federal governments to tweek labor laws to maximize their profits.

it's like the story of the woman on the stand in a courtroom, and the attorney asks her if she would have slept with the accused for a million dollars? she replied yes...would she have slept with the accused for a thousand dollars? she replied no, of course not, who do you think i am?...the attorney said, we have already established what you are, we now are just trying to determine your price.

[edit on 9-5-2010 by jimmyx]

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join