It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SA police chief 'prays' US are knocked out of World Cup

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

hahaha are you freckin kidding me? Ok first of all, you said dominating the sport, not a position. You proved you don't watch much. I guess you missed Tyson Alualu being taken at number 10 two weeks ago huh? "It's estimated that a boy born to Samoan parents is 56 times more likely to get into the NFL than any other kid in America." - www.cbsnews.com...

Edit: Oh yeah, and if you think any position is more important than the other then you really have no clue about sports. Kobe would not have won without Shaq or Pau no matter how good he is. That's why Lebron can't win because the Cavs suck without him. A linebacker is just as important as a good running back, quarterback or receiver if they want to make it to the super bowl. A defender is just as important to a striker if the team wants to make it to the champions league final. Your point is baseless.

[edit on 8-5-2010 by conspiracy88]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

That's cool. Are you gonna be for hire when SHTF. I don't have much money but I do have food.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by IntastellaBurst

The police cheif may be forgetting that american's don't care about soccer, sure it is played, but it it the least popular of most of the sports here.

I just don't get why the rest of the world is so crazy about it.

Simply because every village in the World can afford a soccer ball.

All the cool sports like Hockey and Football are to expensive. But for soccer you need a open space, grass, mud, concrete, what ever... and a ball. Any ball will do.

I think if Basketball wasn't so lame it would be more popular to .. but it's horrifically boring to watch.

Why the Euro's love soccer is beyond me.. I'd go though just for the crowd.. crazy bastards.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   
General Cele is a dingbat.

Yes, He's just re-instated the apartheid system of military ranks within the police, after it was abolished in the post 1994 era. He is useless at anything but brown nosing Zuma, and typical of the new leadership.

Slightly off topic, i was bank scammed yesterday (trojan or something), went to go report it to a Sandton (good area) police station, and was immediately told they would not help me, because i could not provide a scene of crime, "nearest corner?" When i objected, and explained that their police station was within the jurisdiction of both my work and bank, i was told to "humble myself" ...

They have produced thousands of new recruits in the last 2 years, all of them with a 6 month basic training, and an assurance that they are the law of the land, and when in doubt, detain.

However his statement in the op was stupid, he betrays himself i think, the 2nd top officer to hint at how seriously concerned they are. Good luck USA, i wonder if they've invested in bulletproof vests too?

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
www.news24.com... e-20100507

Cape Town - FIFA general secretary Jerome Valcke was "almost in tears" earlier this year from the pressure he was under to withdraw the World Cup from South Africa, Police Commissioner General Bheki Cele said on Friday.

Cele said police from other countries would have no authority of arrest in South Africa. They would be here in an advisory capacity, he said.

Lots happening ...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join