It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guess how many people are on welfare and win a prize

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by In nothing we trust
We should enter a new discussion on whether or not welfare receipiants should forfeit thier constitutional rights once they choose to accept government assistance.

"Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter."

- Lee

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
OP, question... Have you ever served in the service?

And have you ever paid an income tax on the federal level?

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Goethe

No

Yes

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 03:16 AM
link   
id guess that the people who are on welfare is only a third (1/3) of them that are unemployed

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   
well, the number of food stamp recipients is a little under 40 million at the moment and is expected to go above that by the end of the year....
most of those on afdc, would automatically be set up to recieve food stamps also.
but, well, I imagine that wic, and the child health insurance programs have people enrolled that do not qualify for the food stamps....
so, well, guess the number is definately above 40 million??

www.reuters.com... 2FtopNews+%28News+%2F+US+%2F+Top+News%29

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   
This thread is amazing. I cannot imagine why its been allowed to continue. Its proving to me more and more that ATS is not being modded and is just a place to come feed the trolls. So here i sit with my little bag of food ready to feed this giant jerk of a troll. Well here goes.

First i will say that i have posted on other threads regarding this very same thing. I personally know people that have either lied to get government assistance or are manipulating their situation so they can keep their benefits without loosing them due to not being qualified anymore because of certain persons living at their house. It disgusts me. It pisses me off to be exact. i work for a living. I always have since i was 13 and i am 41 now. I took my fathers work ethic and i have done my best to raise my kids by it. Unfortunately for me my ex wife is one of those who is soo darn happy getting a free ride from the government and anyone else who will give her free stuff. So now my daughter who is 18 is just soaking it up living in foodstampville with her mom and moms boyfriend who gets SSD because he was dropped on his head as a baby. Oh he can work cause there aint nothing physically wrong with the guy. He used to have a job at a lube place but quit it because he has him some givernment money and with his money and my ex's foodstamps as well as TANIF they do just fine. They have all kinds of electronic goodies and she is on housing so she pays 60 dollars a month for rent. SO that frees her up from any burden of bills so they gots plenty of good ol disposable income. I am just lovin it!!
Yep i get to take my butt to work and slave and make next to nothing while costs keep going up and i cant afford to even live as good as her. No cable, no internet( i use internet at work), drive a 2000 pontiac sunfire that leaks transmission fluid cause i cant afford a new car. She has a kid by some other dude, not even the guy she is with so she gets money for that as well as earned income credit on taxes. the government is helping her to go to college and get some training for a better job with some other job training program. She buys the boyfriend an xbox360 with her money and buys my son who lives with me a used bicycle from a pawn shop. yep mother of the year and one damn good citizen.

Its very tempting to fall into the hate category here with people like her who take and take and dont need. Oh and she worked for years and paid into the system. So i guess by all reconing she is entitle to this right? LOL
Well what about me then? i paid into this for almost 30 years. whats the government giving me? Ok lets forget about me for a sec. How about people like my father who worked for over 40 years paying into it and got denied when he got cancer and had to quit work. He died a year after being diagnosed. My parents had to move in with me. I supported them and i got no assistance for helping them either. So people like my dad whopay in and never get back out is what the government is counting on. The more of you who pay in and die suddenly after 40 years is perfect. it pays to support everyone who doesnt need it.

I am all for those who need it getting it. I wont be as ignorant and dumb as the OP here and attack people on it. I attack the system for being so poorly put together and poorly managed as to allow the many who misuse it to do so. And while id ont have figures to back it up i would take a guess its at least 10 percent of those whoare on it. You do the math there. If its in the millions of people we are talking about and the numbers are really that high with regards to who all is on welfare and assistance then its at least 1million people screwing the system over. At any rate regardless of how high it is we can all assume its pretty damn high. Now add that number in your head with how much the government pays each and every one of these low life dead beats who dont put in and take out. They are a scourge on our society.
Dont get me wrong i am no fascist or nazi who like the OP wants the useless people of society either dead or controlled like dogs. I would never suggest sterilizing women who are on welfare to prevent them from having more kids. Such things are ludicris and violate what our founding fathers tried to create with the birth of this country. But something has to be done. Do i have the answers? NO i do not.
OP i want you to think for a sec. What about those who are 18 and have been or might be asked to fight and give their lives for this country yet havent has a chance to pay anything in to this system yet. They can be old enough to be drafted and die for you and everyone else here but not have a say so in their own countrys laws and government because they havent paid in to the system? If they have then how much payment is necessary in your mind to qualify for rights?

You are seriously immature and know nothing of what you speak. You speak with a mind that is tired of the situation but is using a buzzsaw to fix the problem. Your ideas are crap and intolerant of real situations in peoples lives. People are what make this world. this world is not here for you. If we start to sacrifice the smallest of ourselves in this world then who are we really. Are any of us worth being allowed to live then if we loose our humanity. Our founding fathers didnt think so and neither do i.
Although i am personally sick of a system that enables people to become victims and slaves of said system, i am not willing to totally give up on humanity and vilify people for their unwillingness to try. Every person on this planet is redeemable. That goes for the worst of us.

The way you would choose to handle the least of your brothers shows alot about your character. In 41 years of my life i have learned a very basic truth and that is everything eventually comes around and yours will come too. We all become humble at some point even if it isnt till our end. I pray yours comes sooner rather than later because your are living a life of darkness convinced of your superiority and your intellect.

Oh and no i am not a christian. So dont think i am gonna throw god at you.
Good luck to you in your life and i honestly pray you do not see hard times and misfortune or bad health. I pray that but at the same time i know one day rain will fall very hard in your life. It usually does with the most arrogant of our kind.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   

You have the right as a human being to be offended by my position.

Sorry for your situation. I am sympathetic really. But if I gotta pay to support another dependant it's gonna be under my rules. Not throwing you out of the house or anything, just saying keep it down a little.

Maybe Id choose to go back to work, but I dont have that luxury.

Now you're gonna threaten me because I'm a threat to your continued welfare check?

[edit on 8-5-2010 by In nothing we trust]

I work. I pay taxes, therefor you use services MY taxes pay for.

Therefor, you need to have YOUR constitutional rights stripped, because you are the mooch you speak of. Mooch the public education for yourself and kids, mooch those paved roads for yourself and kids, mooch the clean water you drink, I cannot STAND filthy mooches that use things MY taxes paid for! While we are at it, line up for your drug test and home invasion by social services.

Get over yourself.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   

No

Yes

Well, see silly, Ive done both.

So, maybe until everyone serves this nation, you shouldnt get ANY rights? Sound fair to you?

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   

I work. I pay taxes, therefor you use services MY taxes pay for.

Therefor, you need to have YOUR constitutional rights stripped, because you are the mooch you speak of. Mooch the public education for yourself and kids, mooch those paved roads for yourself and kids, mooch the clean water you drink, I cannot STAND filthy mooches that use things MY taxes paid for! While we are at it, line up for your drug test and home invasion by social services.

Get over yourself.

Well said!

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
What about all the corporate welfare & all the parasites that work for them?

Or the needless wars as jobs programs for the Pentagon, CIA, NSA, FBI, etc?

Seems to me there may be all of 5% of the US population that is not on the government dole.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Goethe

I sympathize with you, I know quite a few people that are on the same boat. I can't beleive there are people still trying to criminalize people for having a mere misfortune, it's appalling. One of my most beloved friends has all kinds of physical ailments that cause her all kinds of excrutiating pain daily, she is unable to work. She has to fight tooth and nail to recieve her benefits as well, inclluding into that she has paid into them all her life as well, until her pain got unbearable to where she could no longer work. This is frightful, that people today are still so inhumane!

Also I might add taht I know at least three people in the state of florida, who are able bodied, but have been refused hire because they have epilepsy. It's atrocious, they want to work and can't. What would this BOZO propose they do in their situation? Keep in mind they cannot move because they can't WORK to make money that it would take to move.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by In nothing we trust

So.... people say 'we are slaves to the system' and then those same people complain about others who are in reciept of benefits!!!

I mirror what others have said in that 'we pay into the system so we should get something back when all goes upside down'...

You seem to be some closed minded person on this issue so i won't be surprised if you fail to answer this post.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Its funny how crap threads that are nothing but about trolling get through the mods but anything related to chemtrails is yanked by them or threatened to be.

Really telling.

[edit on 11-5-2010 by Goethe]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   

... anything related to chemtrails is yanked by them or threatened to be.

So whats the deal with chemtrails Goethe?

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
My father is currently 53 years old. I think he said he got his first job at the age of 14. When he turned 18 he joined the U.S. Navy and served for 4 years. After he left the Navy he took some electronics courses while he worked for Tandy Corporation. After he got his training he found a job working for Digital Switch where he worked until he was offered a better paying job at General Dynamics Corporation. He worked at GD for many years until he was eventually laid off. After he was laid off from GD he got a job at Nokia in Fort Worth. During this time he developed non-hodgkin's lymphoma which he suspects resulted from his exposure to hazardous chemicals at GD. He underwent chemotherapy treatment and he eventually had to have a stem cell transplant. He was in the hospital for a little over a month and he spent a month or so recovering at home. Now thanks to the stem cell transplant he basically has a poorly performing immune system. When he was able to work again he went back to work at Nokia. A few years ago he lost his job at Nokia when the plant closed and moved operations to Mexico. He went on unemployment for a while and then eventually got a job working for a food delivery service. During this time he had a few surgeries and now thanks to a botched surgery he's barely able to control his bowel movements. I've been with him out in public and it's not a pretty sight when he can't get to a bathroom quick enough and he goes in his pants. It's even worse when you're driving down the road with him. To top it all off he's bipolar and has severe manic episodes. He's almost always sick in some way or form due to his poorly functioning immune system. Even now he has a respiratory infection and it sounds like he has a smokers cough. About two years ago he applied for disability. He was approved roughly a year after he applied. When he's in public he's either in fear of going in his pants or getting some sort of illness that his immune system can't fight off.

Now, are you trying to tell me he doesn't deserve to be on disability? He served his country and he has worked most of his life even while undergoing chemotherapy. He would gladly work, but it's kind of hard when you're sick all the time.

To make matters worse, he's now facing foreclosure! Since he has gone on disability he has struggled to pay his mortgage. He applied for the government mortgage modification program a while back. His mortgage company basically told him he was guaranteed to get approved. They even gave him a 4 month trial where his payment would be at a reduced rate. He was initially afraid to accept it, but since they told him he was guaranteed to be approved he went for it. About a month ago he got a call from the mortgage company saying he was denied. They told him that he now owes $7,500 or else they are going to foreclose. He had to take what was left of his retirement to pay what he owes.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

So.... people say 'we are slaves to the system' and then those same people complain about others who are in reciept of benefits!!!

I mirror what others have said in that 'we pay into the system so we should get something back when all goes upside down'...

You seem to be some closed minded person on this issue so i won't be surprised if you fail to answer this post.

It's a really complex issue MistyTruth. Everything is not always black and white. Sometimes 3 can mean 4 and sometimes 4 can mean 2.

I am not against helping people in need.

I am not against people getting back what they paid in or even more based upon thier situation.

The system is the problem.

What I am against is a bad situation getting worse.

Imagine driving down a curving mountainous road at 60MPH in the dark. You know that if you let go of the steering wheel you could lose control and die.

Now imagine you speed up to 90MPH on the same stretch of road. If you let go of the steering wheel you will most likely die.

And then you speed up to 120MPH. One mistake and it's all over.

And then it starts to rain ...

And then you see a traffic jam comming up in front of you.

so you decide to step on the brakes and find out they don't work...

[edit on 12-5-2010 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
This is a complex problem. I know many people who clearly abuse the system, and they CAN WORK, but choose not to.

I also know many people who deserve assistance but are not getting it.

ON THE OTHER HAND....many people can work - they just chose not to. I worked today with a guy who is QUADRIPLEGIC (although he has some use of his arms, and a little use of his hands). He is bound to a wheelchair - and today he put in a full days work. No whining. Just work.

How many disabilities are there where you can't do SOMETHING?!?!?! I mean REALLY?!?!?!?

Yes...there are a few. But nowadays, there are jobs where people can do SOMETHING...whether it is working on the computer, phone, or in the world of academics.

My friend who I work with, by the way, is a doctor - a radiologist. He reads MRIs and CAT scans. He got his M.D. like this. He didn't let his disability get in his way.

------------

I also know someone who is fully able - but does not work. She sits in front of the computer all day playing games (like World of Warcraft), playing on Facebook, etc. She does not work - because she is on DISABILITY for "POST-TRAUMATIC STRESS." (She is a former military officer - but she never saw war. I am not sure what the "stress" is that she is suffering from - but that is the claim.)

Please. She can stay up ALL NIGHT playing "World of Warcraft"....but she can't work.

She gets a check for $3000 each month - TAX FREE. Hell- you may as well take $36,000 out of your taxes that you pay every year, and just write her a check to she can stay at home and play World of Warcraft - because that is essentially what you are doing. The only difference is that the IRS and the Social Security office work as "middle men" in the exchange.

------------

It is these kinds of abuses that get people very upset - and they are common. It is also these abuses that make it harder for people with REAL disabilities to get their funding that they need.

There are no easy answers - but it is important to HAVE A HEART when making decisions. Being HEARTLESS, the only person who loses is YOU.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 04:49 AM
link   
seek....and ye shall find!!!

one in every six americans are currently recieving some sort of aide from the gov't....

there's over 50 milllion on medicaid......

40 million on food stamps

close to 10 on unemployment..

and only 4.4 million are on welfare which means all those other millions out have some sort of income coming in....

conclusion.....
it's not the too lazy to work crowd that is draining the taxpayer's pockets...

www.usatoday.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join