It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guess how many people are on welfare and win a prize

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Key-Minder

Again, I encourage you to report incidences of FRAUD. Do you really know of any? Or are you just complaining?

The reason I ask, when I come across someone who complains and complains, I start asking "who?" I ask, "you tell me their name and address and I'll call and make the report for you."

You know what? They don't really have the name and address of anyone. Because they don't really know of anyone. They are simply repeating gossip, and complaining.

Recently I had some ask me "Well, how about all those people who pull up in front of the food stamp office in their new SUV's". When you hand them a phone to call these "people" in, they can't do it.

Can you? Either figure out who these people are and turn them in, if they exist, or stop repeating gossip and complaining. Choose.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whine Flu

... just be happy that your money is going to living, breathing people and not just toward armaments to worsen the lives of others in foreign countries.

Perhaps a new thread is in order?

"Guess how many bullets and bombs your tax dollars have purchased and win a prize."

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Key-Minder

You have an eye?

Key-Minder, I'm very blessed. I teach at a University, and have a private practice of my own, and do some consulting work on the side.

So 'lil lady. Maybe your "eye" is a little on the dim side tonight.

Just because I do well, doesn't mean I've lost my compassion for those whose circumstances are difficult. I see you are tired, and I truly hope you can find a job that you will love, and excel at, as I do mine.

I wish the best for you. I just want you to understand that public assistance is there for a reason. If you know of people who are abusing it, you can act to end it.

Edit to add: My father was a psychologist at a VA, so I was raised to be very respectful of Veteran's, which I am. I am also an advocate for them, and want our veteran's to have the very best of services. !

[edit on 5/8/2010 by ladyinwaiting]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by In nothing we trust

Originally posted by Whine Flu

... just be happy that your money is going to living, breathing people and not just toward armaments to worsen the lives of others in foreign countries.

"Guess how many bullets and bombs your tax dollars have purchased and win a prize."

Enough to kill a million Iraqis with according to the ORB survey.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Hell, I applied for Social Service recently, been going through there little interviews, and going thru trouble in just getting it...
Am I wrong or a low life who just want to get money without doing work? hell no, I loved to work and I loved hard labor, moving around,working with my hands but now due to a . trauma injury, my whole upper right side is all screwed up which also screwed up my future career that I worked to pay off and still going back and forth to the doctor to figure out the real problem, been in pain for exactly 2 years now and applied for S.S.I a few months ago and nothing..

If I had a choice I wouldnt be on it but got to be on it for the meantime til I get that big ass check......... and guess what I'll be doing then? PAYING MY TAXES AND PAYING MY DUES, THE HAND OUT I WAS GIVEN THAT I ALSO PAID FOR and Therefore I am putting back money by trying to own investments,open businesses,etc for the next man(family)(If the government stop screwing us over and all these wars,etc) so they can get help as I am currently in need of, Just like my parents when they came to the US back in the 70's were on welfare but look at them now, no need to be on it anymore... so yeah I've been thru it as a child in the past but now that I'm grown, I'm going thru it for the first time in my 27 year old life.

So OP you just being foolish and ignorant, not just you but for all who thinks people trying to eat off the government, some of us do have a reason and have no choice. hell some even blame the illegals for eating off the system while some legal are eating off the system also without having a serious reason to be on it.

You wont know how it is until something life changing happens to you and you have to go thru it just like the next person.

[edit on 8-5-2010 by MilzGatez]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by MilzGatez

You wont know how it is until something life changing happens to you and you have to go thru it just like the next person.

Interesting trend in the responses I've noticed.

Many who are in dire straights have wished that ill fate falls upon me.

How do you know that I wouldn't deal with things in a different way than yourselves?

I'll leave it at that.

[edit on 9-5-2010 by In nothing we trust]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by In nothing we trust

You have the right idea but a very very bad way of expressing yourself.
The system is fine and needed, its the fact that they don't regulate the system and instead allow too many to frauduentlly use it and bleed it dry when they don't need it.

On a side note I agree in part..I believe the ones who have "never" paid taxes should not get a vote. As in any company, if they have never bought shares then they should't get a say on where my money is spent.

By allowing freeloaders to vote they have created a monster and lets face it, poloticians only care about the next election.

Before I also get flamed fot this post please understand, as I've said previously, I am more than happy to pay taxes the help those in need,,

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Interesting trend in the responses I've noticed.

Many who are in dire straights have wished that ill fate falls upon me.

How do you know that I wouldn't deal with things in a different way than yourselves?

I'll leave it at that.

[edit on 9-5-2010 by In nothing we trust]

oh please save yourself, I'm more of a man than you will ever be, thats if you aren't a little kid... I am not wishing that on you , I'm a better person than that.. but believe me, if I wish something on you, it'll be the end of your life without feeling any guilt... I'm not a very nice warm hearted person esp. to ignorant people like you..

Everyone deals with things different.....I just happen need to deal with it this way since i'm injured and cant put in work like I've used to... and believe me on this, as a man, who has an ego and proud to do things for himself instead of trying to get an hand out or working under someone... I am understandable when it comes to this issue, to the issue that you are crying about, complaining and trolling like you better than the next person and not doing a damn thing but TYPING BS just to get under people's skin...

Unlike you a lost soul, Even if my body doesnt get stronger, I will try to make major changes in my own life and others.. I'm only suffering at the moment to learn and be smarter and stronger, experience is what makes a person to better themselves and in return try to make a change...

Maybe you should help yourself, stop crying like a little 3 year old when things doesnt go their way, see things openly and try to make a damn change... if you have a problem with the system which I do as well, dont complain, go out there and report those who are abusing the system, maybe things will be done differently so people like you can stop crying..

and by the way......... for those who complaining about it, dont you worry, not all your money going to the people of this country..... 51% of taxes goes to the military...the rest to those in power then the little rest thats left is to the people and to this nation...

Why not complain about that? why not try to make a change with all that negative power you have inside and join others to end the corruption of every system and the people who love seeing us human look like idiots and brainless and fighting with each other which what they want... You are as wrong as a person taking advantage of the system... you, yourself are the problem

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Dooo iiittttt!

No seriously, do it.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   

You are as wrong as a person taking advantage of the system... you, yourself are the problem.

Really, I'm the problem?

I'll tell you what. I'll just stop paying into the system alltogether how's that?

Then you can see just what kind of problem you really have.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   

You are as wrong as a person taking advantage of the system... you, yourself are the problem.

Really, I'm the problem?

I'll tell you what. I'll just stop paying into the system alltogether how's that?

Sure, while you at the......... go live in a little cave

I surely wont have a problem... I'm not in this "hand-out" for too long...it's only a temp. thing.... I'll be more happy to pay into the system for you and people like you, just as long you arent above ground with the rest of us decent people...

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   
It could be worse you could be living in a trench full of bodies,mud and rats in the Somme.Or eating food scraps from a rubbish dump in Manila .Luck of the draw people.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Lots of hurt feelings and misunderstandings in this thread.

Seems to me, that getting rid of the Fed, the welfare system, and education dept. was the platform Ron Paul was running on wasn't it? Everybody was "for" getting rid of the Fed,/IRS but when he said phase out the welfare/social security system... is that what did him in?

People have forgotten how to take care of each other? There is enough money to go around in this country but people have become selfish.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Well you would think I was the devil or something with all the negative responses directed towards me.

I am not unsympathetic towards the plight of the poor and the needy. I just don't see a system that works. To continue down the road we are all going down and pass it along to our children is irresponsible madness.

I haven't heard anyone suggest how the system could be improved to make it better for everyone involved.

The current system doesn't work. It only works for the corporations and those who own controlling interests in them who are making money.

Do you really think we would leave you all out in the cold?

[edit on 8-5-2010 by In nothing we trust]

Maybe you, a very large asshole, should go back and reread your first page of this very train wreck of a thread. You can try to spin it anyway you want, but you are an ignorant ass who knows nothing about life or the real world.

Oven + Your Head = Hopefully your afternoon plans?

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Really, I'm the problem?

Please do stop paying into the system. I beg of you. Refuse to pay the dollar out of your check that goes to public assistance. If I ever fall into a category of need (But for the Grace of God, Go I), I wouldn't want a quarter of your money.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
our economy is a wreck, and we, as a nation have committed more resources than we have.
there are gonna be some really hard decisions to be made in the future, and welfare and social security reform are gonna have to be in the mix of those discussions...

but, at the same time, ya know...
we have a terrorist danger at the moment. bad people seem to want to come into our country and try to blow us up. and sometimes, now, they are rising up among us trying to blow us up. I can see why they think there might be a need to hassle me if I am trying to get on a plane, ect.....
but, well, it would be nice, if before they start stripping rights from me and making my life more complicated, if they would just take some measures themselves...like, oh, I don't know....PROTECT OUR BORDERS! ya know, act like this crisis that you are telling everyone exists is real, and take some protective measures yourselves!!
the same goes for the economy! governments who are crying budget shortages, ect, well, how about they take a little initiative themselves? God, they cry one minute about how they have this massive shortage, but then in the next breath they are giving away a few milllion to a few billion for some stupid thing that 99.99999% of americans don't really care about, have no interest in, and well, it's not gonna effect their way of life on way or another, outside of making them a little poorer! you'd think that if a bank just went through a year or two of losing millions and billions of dollars, they'd have enough sense to trim their budgets before they went crying to the gov't for a handout....and yet, the big fishies still get their big bonuses! well.....I am sorry, before I am gonna let them off the hook of the obligation to paying me social security when I come of age, or unemployment (both programs, by the way, every worker pays into, with the understanding, they will get something back when the time comes)....well...I want these people seriously act like the problem is real at least!!
IT IS TIME FOR OUR LEADERS TO BEGIN LEADING BY EXAMPLE!!
the american people have sacrificed, my kid serves in your armed forces, like his uncles, his grandfather, and many others on down the line, we've worked, we paid our taxes, and then more taxes, and then more!! but all our leaders seem to be doing is piddling around, wasting our precious resources, and lining their pockets!!
LEAD BY EXAMPLE, OR GET THE HADES OUT OF THE WAY AND LET US PUT A REAL LEADER IN!

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by dawnstar
our economy is a wreck, and we, as a nation have committed more resources than we have.
there are gonna be some really hard decisions to be made in the future, and welfare and social security reform are gonna have to be in the mix of those discussions...

but, at the same time, ya know...
we have a terrorist danger at the moment. bad people seem to want to come into our country and try to blow us up. and sometimes, now, they are rising up among us trying to blow us up. I can see why they think there might be a need to hassle me if I am trying to get on a plane, ect.....
but, well, it would be nice, if before they start stripping rights from me and making my life more complicated, if they would just take some measures themselves...like, oh, I don't know....PROTECT OUR BORDERS! ya know, act like this crisis that you are telling everyone exists is real, and take some protective measures yourselves!!
the same goes for the economy! governments who are crying budget shortages, ect, well, how about they take a little initiative themselves? God, they cry one minute about how they have this massive shortage, but then in the next breath they are giving away a few milllion to a few billion for some stupid thing that 99.99999% of americans don't really care about, have no interest in, and well, it's not gonna effect their way of life on way or another, outside of making them a little poorer! you'd think that if a bank just went through a year or two of losing millions and billions of dollars, they'd have enough sense to trim their budgets before they went crying to the gov't for a handout....and yet, the big fishies still get their big bonuses! well.....I am sorry, before I am gonna let them off the hook of the obligation to paying me social security when I come of age, or unemployment (both programs, by the way, every worker pays into, with the understanding, they will get something back when the time comes)....well...I want these people seriously act like the problem is real at least!!
IT IS TIME FOR OUR LEADERS TO BEGIN LEADING BY EXAMPLE!!
the american people have sacrificed, my kid serves in your armed forces, like his uncles, his grandfather, and many others on down the line, we've worked, we paid our taxes, and then more taxes, and then more!! but all our leaders seem to be doing is piddling around, wasting our precious resources, and lining their pockets!!
LEAD BY EXAMPLE, OR GET THE HADES OUT OF THE WAY AND LET US PUT A REAL LEADER IN!

Most those 'terrorist' have worked for or work for our govt or our allies govts most times.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Goethe

and the fact that they have next to nothing to secure our borders just seems to give the implication of what your statement seems to be making even more believability.
just like their insane wild and crazy spending kind of puts doubt on the idea that we are such a horrible financial mess and our taxes have to skyrocket and services go into the sewer to get out!!!

like I said, we need leadership, not this do as we say, not as we are doing bull crap we are getting!

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Well the military way to seal the border is simple if it is indeed a "National Security" issue. Hellfire armed Predators covering the entire Mexican border and bring in a couple Mech Divisions. Drop panphlets in Mexico and tell Mexico's President to get the word out that anyone approaching the border illegaly will be fired upon then implement the plan. Make some examples and the problem would go away. Totally legit I guess.

Don't get me wrong, I don't advocate the above. But then again I don't live there. Immigration problems exist here also and do everywhere.

I only use the above scenario to point out the fact that the above would stop illegal immigration and would secure the border in a week. It would be a brutal political cost though.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by DEEZNUTZ

me thinks that my point has flown above, to the left, or to the right of everybody's ....
the point I am making if that they keep coming up with these different crisis and bringing them to our attention, but then it seems, they don't do much themselves to avert such crisis, or alleviate it outside of figuring out how such crisis and work to their advantage, so, well, instead of us all discussing what stupid programs and wasteful spending they should be cutting from their bloated budget, or proactively taking measures to keep those "terrorists" out of the country, well.....
we are arguing among ourselves about taking granny's social security checks from here and and allowing them to strip our rights away from us.....

frankly, I've given up on any idea of me being able to retire, plan to just die off once I get too old to be productive...but....I will no let this gov't off the hook on that obligation, not unless they start acting like their is a real problem that they have to solve and tighten their own belts also. if the big bankers run their business' to the ground and come running for help from the taxpayer, I expect to see tightened belts on them, not million dollar bonus'! if we are gonna worry about the constitutionality of things, let's worry about the constitutionality of it all!! not just this little tidbit here and there, which are probably only happening because of all these other unconstitutional acts, that were just fine and dandy for the people, since those were benefitting them!!

like I have pointed out again and again....
alot of the working people are getting help from these social programs also. even if you do away with the programs, well, these people will still need so much money a month to remain functioning, society will have to give them that much money one way or another, or just accept the fact that they will be demanding more in pay (which you will just be paying more for their products and services), or accepting the blight that comes with their proverty, or well, just accept the idea that they just aren't there doing their jobs, and providing you with those goods and services!
regardless of what people want or think...and regardless of how well off they are financially...
Greece is showing us right now....
once it gets out of control....
IT BECOMES EVERYONE'S PROBLEM!!!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join