It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guess how many people are on welfare and win a prize

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by In nothing we trust

Oh my ... This is just disgusting through and through. I hope you and your loved ones never have to go on welfare. I hope you never get injured, never come down with an illness, never lose your job (if you even have one) to force you to rely on the government to just survive. That's what people on welfare are doing. They are surviving.

Yes, I know plenty of people myself that don't need to be on government assistance, yet they take it any way they can. It's wrong, I agree. But there are also a lot of people who need it and have paid into the system with ther money already.

My family is not rich. I have a husband and 3 children and 1 income. That's 5 people to feed/clothe/school/medical etc etc etc. It's expensive to say the least. But I wouldn't for a moment take away the money put into caring for those who can't feed themselves or their children for whatever their reasons are.

Hey, I have an idea for a present for your poor mother. How about for Mother's Day, you stop being a selfish, disgusting, poor excuse for a child.

Seriously, what is wrong with you?

~Tragic~

[edit on 8-5-2010 by Tragic]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I am on disability from a horrific car accident, that totally crushed 5 of the disks in my lower back..Im not in a wheel chair..but I am unable to do the things YOU take for granted..like bending down..

Guess what, OP, disability pays me 645.00 dollars a month..to live on..myself and two of my sons, im a single mother. You call that living off the government? You really better hope nothing happens to you, that you will have to rely on something other than yourself..

I PITY THE FOOL! ----> OP

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Well you would think I was the devil or something with all the negative responses directed towards me.

I am not unsympathetic towards the plight of the poor and the needy. I just don't see a system that works. To continue down the road we are all going down and pass it along to our children is irresponsible madness.

I haven't heard anyone suggest how the system could be improved to make it better for everyone involved.

The current system doesn't work. It only works for the corporations and those who own controlling interests in them who are making money.

Do you really think we would leave you all out in the cold?

[edit on 8-5-2010 by In nothing we trust]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
If I live to be a hundred, I will never understand why people hate and resent the poor. Seriously, I don't understand. There has to be underlying reasons. Jealousy? Is it jealousy because people hate their jobs and their lives and resent that someone doesn't have to go to work to receive a few dollars?

Do you know you have to be disabled to receive disability? There are mountains of forms and statements from physicians. If people become disabled, you think we should move them to an area under the bridge to live?

As far as public assistance, you do realize most of this is for children? Yep. That's right. Doesn't matter if the Mom is the grandest crack ho in the country. If she has children, most people believe those kids have a right to a roof over their heads, and some groceries. They believe that if one of children develops pneumonia, even though it might have been contributed to by parental neglect, the sick child deserves medical care. How could they think that? How could they believe that?

It's called intelligence, compassion, and human decency.

The OP is so contrary and quite the opposite of the qualities in the above sentence, it honestly makes me believe this thread must be a deliberate attempt at trolling. Petty attention- seeking nonsense. Surely no real person could be this devoid of human compassion and understanding.

On the other hand, if it is born from genuine thoughts and feelings, then it's time, I think, for a little soul searching to determine the cause of your resentment and anger towards the poor and disabled.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Don't feel isolated Goethe, I hate eveyone.

You have my sincere sympathy,.. simply existing everyday must be very painful. You need to get rid of the hate before it tears you apart completely physically, mentally and spiritually.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by In nothing we trust

But that's the problem there Nothing. You attacked those on welfare. Not the system, at least not the way I read it.

I agree the system is trash, of course. But you straight up said to take these people's rights away. If it's the system that is broken, then why are you insisting that disabled people pay the price?

You twist and turn your words. Just save it, it's sad.

Welcome to ignore, you'll be the first one there. Congrats!

Edited for spelling
~Tragic~

[edit on 8-5-2010 by Tragic]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
reply to post by Goethe

I'm in the same boat as you Goethe. After working for 30 years a mass appeared in my spinal cord and everything from my chest down started to go numb. They cut the backs of 4 verterbrae off in my neck to alleviate the swelling but it failed to help. I have been in constant pain for almost 3 years now and only recently got on SS disability. I don't WANT to be a welfare case but I cannot do any kind of activity for much more than an hour. There are no jobs that I could perform and I'm not picky. I was a well paid artisan before my illness but I would gladly clean floors if I could. The boredom of being at home 24/7 is incredible.
IF you have your health, be glad. Things could be far worse and then who would ask for help? In your fantasy land I suppose you would just have to go curl up and die somewhere.
I take it you are young and have never had serious health issues. Count your blessings friend

Can you live on less than $12,000 a year? My drugs alone cost me over $400 a month, forget any doctor visits or exams. Now I have to wait for Medicare to kick in so I can get a brain tumor removed before it takes my hearing away. Oh. what a grand life of luxury I live!

[edit on 8-5-2010 by Asktheanimals]

Thank you for sharing your personal story, and to the others, Yummy, who have disclosed personal information also. I don't think people realize that to be on disability, you must truly be disabled in one way or another.
Being disabled is not what people want. It robs you of the income you could otherwise be making, and the benefit needs to be increased.

Maybe your personal disclosures will help the OP and others to realize the validity and necessity of these benefits.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
My, my...Tis such a tragedy isn't it?

I know a man who suffered back problems, boy he was in a lot of pain, but he managed to take his boat out and go fishing, make it to bible study, go grocery shopping, was a total fat boy on top of it because he gorged himself on food and he would whine about needing disability, how he couldn't work, yet he somehow managed to do everything else...Well, long of the short is he manipulated the system, got the doc notes and approvals he needed and is now collecting a hefty disability check. What ever! This kind of person is as bad as a smooth operating theif, it's criminal! Then he buys pot with the disability money which comes from taxes, yet the pot is tax free. What a flipping hypocrite! How many more of you are wasting the Governments hard earned money? Huh? Or making money under the table, not paying taxes yourself, yet collecting from those that PAY TAXES, hence, your disability check, or welfare check or foodstamp check?

I've scrubbed the toilets your so called disabled asses sat on because it is BELOW you to work, but you'll gladly take the pittance I make out of my wages so you can collect YOUR FREE MONEY.

If you can't bend the freak over, get a flipping telemarking job. Put you kids to work, heck the rest of the U.S. is putting them through school, pull them away from their video games and have them mow lawns...run a flipping day care out of your house if they are too young to mow lawns. Quit your whinning about what you cannot do and whine instead about the lack of jobs that OBAMA was supposed to create!

What we need are jobs, jobs for ALL - disabled and not, mentally handicap and not, mentally ill and not...only those contagious or comotos, and the elderly need not apply - I'd gladly help them out anyday!! Give then a chance to retire, to rest in their Golden Years!

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Key-Minder

Key-Minder, it sounds like you have information pertaining to FRAUD.

Please report it to Social Security, or to the source of his public assistance.
These reports are taken seriously, investigated, and prosecuted when appropriate.

If you have information to this effect, please do not contribute to the problem by keeping it a secret. I believe they accept anonymous reports.

It might be helpful to you also, to know you took some action to correct a wrong, rather than continuing to live in anger and frustration about it.

[edit on 5/8/2010 by ladyinwaiting]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Food stamps is GOOD...AND NECESSITY-- And ALSO money for INJURY- READ--

Food stamps is for my ol lady cause she married her 1st husband at 15 yeers old and left school also then (me to dropped out) and by 18 yeers old divorced Dustin with 2 kids and 2nd husband David got her 3 more. I got 5 wit all my wifes be-for her so its a necesity and an entitalment that we have food stamps to have are two trailers and food SPECIALLY since they RAISED TAXES on are CIGGARITTS AND BEER!!!. Thats NOT FAIR that they can do that to us!!! NOT FAIR! but food stamps is not bad and the BIBLE blesses us the ones who just have neccestys and nothing wrong with food stamps for all are kids. And also my wife has 2 jobs so this benefit which we DESERVE is good. I git money for a injury and get cheks for it like i was gettin paycheks. THIS is good as I can play all day wit my gun collectin and cleen them good and all for HOME DEEFENSE and also reed the BIBLE reely good and also to HOME SCHOOL ARE KIDS!!! . This is deservin for us too git so dont not HATE on this stuff!

[edit on 8-5-2010 by lemonfresh]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Look at you all! What a disgrace you are to our Nation...while blaming everything on the "illuinatti" or the Masons, or the Goverment as if they're this single entity with one brain, anything but looking at yourselves. This thread and the posts herein are a classic example of the over weight, drug abusing - pill popping, gimme a hand out society that has America in the current stangle hold it finds itself in. Our government, in it's majority, is a reflection of you all!

If the majority in the U.S. say more Jobs, then our Government will reflect that, but the fact is, the rest of you all don't want to work, you prefer jobs that only allow your king or queen innerness to feel fulfilled and if you can't find a decent paying job, you sit there like a spoiled child saying owwie, I hurt instead of working and demanding more jobs and better jobs. Well my back flipping hurts too, my head hurts, my hands hurt, my eyes hurt, but if I can find work, that's legal I'm working, even if it hurts and I'm tired!

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I am volunteering this coming week at a shelter.

As long as that is not a taxable offense. Any tax lawyers, accountants, IRS agents out there. Is this still the only non taxable thing to do in the US? Or will that be taxed also in the coming years?

OP, the current forms of welfare are at approximately 250 Million.

About 50 Million middle class people are the only ones not receiving some type of welfare.

Hell, look at the banks, some of the biggest WELFARE CASES IN THE US! All on the the backs of the true slaves-the middle class!

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

Well that will include reporting you and your abuse of the system. I have an eye ya know.

I'll start lining you all up...you all ought to be sentenced to hard labor for your fraud and abusing hard earned tax payer money.

I am a U.S. veteran...I have a real big problem with those that abuse the system, including my fellow citizen.

If the government was smart they would trace each and every IP addy on here that claims they are collecting and put them under survelliance. And that includes you, lil missy. :-) You don't fool me, slacker.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
The O.P is a prime example of why I left the states years ago. Im disabled due to injuries recieved in combat along with severe ptsd from my time in the army. Was young and stupid back then. I returned got spit on called every derogotory thing there is and then some by the public.. Shoved aside and forgotten by a corrupt, ungrateful government.. All so people like you could spout such sick garbage as your "right to free speach" O.P you need to learn compassion for your fellow human beings (though I doubt your even human with the sick attitude and lack of compassion you show toward others ) and drop the arrogant, bigoted rubbish your so good at spouting. Your a prime example why my efforts along with the efforts of thousands of others who faught, bled and died for the constitution were wasted.. End of . Am off to have tea and calm down before I lose my temper fully at the lack of compassion for others and monumental display of stupidity shown by the O.P . To the rest - peace and remember it makes the world a better place when we show compassion for our fellow human beings. (even the misguided things like the O.P they have to learn what it means to be human...)

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I WORK REELY HARD to, i heer ya. Home-schoolin all my kids is not easy. Lucky i says for beer and smokes as work gits hard sumtimes. but i also gits paid in cheks so i dont not feel guiilty and wife does 2 jobs. we git-r-done.

[edit on 8-5-2010 by lemonfresh]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Please, I worked at a shelter myself and I was fired because I took a homeless person home to eat with my family! They called it fraternization!

They don't want anyone to bond, trust me!

It's a flipping business, it's a fraud! They want to keep folks dependent.

They've already molded most of you into thinking your victims and you need help, help yourselves!

We need jobs, jobs and more jobs not owie it hurt me slacccckers.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tragic

... you straight up said to take these people's rights away. If it's the system that is broken, then why are you insisting that disabled people pay the price?

Should they not give something up in return for a helping hand?

Just give 'em a handout and if you don't your a scum bag?

Work harder to support the millions on welfare?

Our government is a gigantic out of control beast devouring and destroying everything in it's path.

A person receiving welfare will vote for more welfare, therfore making the problem worse.

I think that the only people who should have a say in how government is run are landowners, people who served in the military or civilian peace corps or who people who pay into the system.

Why is it that if you contribute nothing finacially into the system that you feel that people deserve a right to have a say in how the government is run?

[edit on 8-5-2010 by In nothing we trust]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

I hear you fellow veteran and I'm sorry. I was spit on too for serving under the Bush Administration during the Persian Gulf War. I had to endure all kinds of psycho abuse from my fellow citizens. I too suffer anxiety/panic attacks, but I got off the drugs, deal with my problems and always try to find work.

I refuse to leave. I was born and bred here; ain't going no where.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Urgh, OP, just be happy that your money is going to living, breathing people and not just toward armaments to worsen the lives of others in foreign countries.

Man, what the hell is happening to ATS? All it is these days is subtle digs at Mexicans and other crap (this thread isn't a dig at Mexicans, I know). I can't wait to see America crumble. Some of you Americans are so pride driven and believe you're entitled to everything just because you're American. Gets sickening after a while.

Alrightey, I guess now's the time I get called a "troll", an "idiot" or a bunch of other retarded insults. 20 points to the person who insults my intelligence and misinformed opinions on American matters and finishes it off with "DENY IGNORANCE".

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Well welfare as a portion of total income is .2 and my parents don't get welfare, therefore I'd say greater than 20% and less than 100%.

If you target in between there you get 60%, so I'll say 60% of Americans get welfare of some sort.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join