It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guess how many people are on welfare and win a prize

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
How many people would you guess are on the receiving end of government redistribution programs today?

Just for kicks we won't limit answers to America only.

If I had to guess I would say that at least 100 million people in America are now receiving some sort of government assistance (Disability, Social Security, Medicare, Unemployment, Food Stamps, Independant States assistance programs, Bailout reciepiants, Banks, Wall street investment firms, Corporate lobbiests, etc).

We should enter a new discussion on whether or not welfare receipiants should forfeit thier constitutional rights once they choose to accept government assistance.

[edit on 7-5-2010 by In nothing we trust]

+14 more 
posted on May, 7 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I take offense to your thread, and your comments.

Im on disability from a life altering work injury. Try getting your legs crushed by 10,000 pounds of steel and see if you can work again.

And guess what else, since all the above, now Im fighting to get SSI... Crazy huh? Oh wait, theres more...

Food Stamps aint looking that bad right about now...

See, the beauty of all that is this, I PAID INTO THAT SYSTEM AND NOW IM GETTING SOME OF WHAT I NEED FROM THE MONEY I PAID ALL THOSE YEARS

Now, that means I give up my GOD GIVEN RIGHTS?

I didnt choose anything bud!

Maybe Id choose to go back to work, but I dont have that luxury.

Sorry if you think I should lose rights I have that were granted BY NO MERE MAN for being in my situation...

I hope a mod has the decency to remove this trash!

I get to listen to our govt saying theyll take my rights for nothing, now I have to come here and read this crap? Come on.

Why not take the rights away of anyone thats ever posted to a conspiracy site?

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I have several family members on disability and food stamps due to serious injuries, and the government should give everyone a hell of a lot more then what they do considering we have paid into the system, and they have lied and stolen our intelligence away for so long..I would say they owe us

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Goethe

I take offense to your thread, and your comments.

You have the right as a human being to be offended by my position.

Im on disability from a life altering work injury. Try getting your legs crushed by 10,000 pounds of steel and see if you can work again.

And guess what else, since all the above, now Im fighting to get SSI...

Sorry for your situation. I am sympathetic really. But if I gotta pay to support another dependant it's gonna be under my rules. Not throwing you out of the house or anything, just saying keep it down a little.

I PAID INTO THAT SYSTEM AND NOW IM GETTING SOME OF WHAT I NEED FROM THE MONEY I PAID ALL THOSE YEARS

The entire system is a ponzi scheme. So what if you paid into it in the past? The only way to keep it going into the future is to bullshi* the new workers into paying to support you.

Now, that means I give up my GOD GIVEN RIGHTS?\

Seems like a fair trade. Money for silence.

I didnt choose anything bud!

Maybe Id choose to go back to work, but I dont have that luxury.

Nothing personal

I hope a mod has the decency to remove this trash!

Why because you disagree with me?

Now you're gonna threaten me because I'm a threat to your continued welfare check?

[edit on 8-5-2010 by In nothing we trust]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
you are obviously completely ignorant, They barely pay anything for disability to people that really need it, no matter what we as Americans pay taxes and those taxes pay for so many things that are either necessary or not and these programs .as long as they are not being taken advantage of, are necessary

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by brooklyn87
I have several family members on disability and food stamps due to serious injuries, and the government should give everyone a hell of a lot more then what they do considering we have paid into the system, and they have lied and stolen our intelligence away for so long..I would say they owe us

You're check is in the mail

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I know me and my father are two of those people on welfare. I'm thankful I have some help that I can get some money for food and other dependable items.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by brooklyn87
you are obviously completely ignorant, They barely pay anything for ...

I'm not ignorant.

They pay you enough to barely not pay your bills.

Once you become a true welfare reciepinent they throw you into the ditch and throw you a cup of rice and a bottle of water every day. Enough to buy your silence.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   
This will be all I add.

I think you are an ass.

No matter what anyone says here, youll still be an ass.

And, when the day comes that you or your kids, or your wife, or mom, or dad, go on some sort of 'welfare', I hope you really get to see just how ignorant you really are.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   

And, when the day comes that you or your kids, or your wife, or mom, or dad, go on some sort of 'welfare', I hope you really get to see just how ignorant you really are.

Wishing poverty and plauge upon my house are you now?

Who will pay to support your ponzi scheme then, I wonder?

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
So what's your beef with these people? Seriously? It's obviously just below the surface, struggling to get out. What? Did you just recently find out that life doesn't work out the way you want and now your taking it out on those that can't work because you're upset over the fact that you work a less than stellar job? Or maybe you've a deep seated superiority complex because you have a great job and it makes you feel like less of a failure personally, not professionally, to lash out at those who are simply taking advantage of the money that they've paid into the system for years, for just this type of situation? Perhaps it's a question of dualities, you feel both cheated by life and have a sense of personal failure and the only ones you can find to blame are the ones even less fortunate than you...

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Legion2112
So what's your beef with these people? Seriously? It's obviously just below the surface, struggling to get out. What? Did you just recently find out that life doesn't work out the way you want and now your taking it out on those that can't work because you're upset over the fact that you work a less than stellar job? Or maybe you've a deep seated superiority complex because you have a great job and it makes you feel like less of a failure personally, not professionally, to lash out at those who are simply taking advantage of the money that they've paid into the system for years, for just this type of situation? Perhaps it's a question of dualities, you feel both cheated by life and have a sense of personal failure and the only ones you can find to blame are the ones even less fortunate than you...

Oh gimmie a friggin' break.

America is a nation of cry babies and people who are completely incapable of independant thought and action. All bow to worship the stock market.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by In nothing we trust

But aren't you from the America?

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   
You are not only an ass, but you seem to be a troll...

I guess you just like to troll and stir the pot huh?

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
And Ive yet to see any evidence to suggest you are in fact, not an ignorant ass?

Anyone, anyone?

(crickets......)

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   

On this site deflection is the sincerest form of flattery... I'd like to thank you for this. You just proved everything I said in less than two lines

[edit on 8-5-2010 by Legion2112]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   

You are not only an ass, but you seem to be a troll...

I guess you just like to troll and stir the pot huh?

Don't feel isolated Goethe, I hate eveyone.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   

You come off as a wannabe punk teenager who doesn't know how the world works. Mommy and Daddy still pay the bills. Jesus said it best. Judge not, least you be judge.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join