It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The South Park conspircay...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Ok, heres my theory about this fun loving good humored show...

Its directly controlled by TPTB. Heres why...

In a recent episode, they censored the crap out of Mohammad the Prophet wearing a bear costume to thwart threats from some...

After years of bashing everyone equally, the cave to this... They let Chef go for his issues with bashing Scientology, but 'lets censor this even further than we already are'...

Now, they are coming out with a new show based on Jesus... I wonder where this could only go...

I dont think I can any longer support this show by watching it and laughing at all the funny moments. This type of hypocracy is just too much to me.

So, is there a conspiracy here folks?

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
That entire post made, like ZERO sense to me.

They lampoon everyone and everything - including every religion and themselves.

Much of the "censoring" in there (covering up with a big black rectangle labeled "censored") was to mock the whole ridiculousness of censorship itself.

PS: Here's a quote ....

"In the 14 years we’ve been doing South Park we have never done a show that we couldn’t stand behind. We delivered our version of the show to Comedy Central and they made a determination to alter the episode. It wasn’t some meta-joke on our part. Comedy Central added the bleeps. In fact, Kyle’s customary final speech was about intimidation and fear. It didn’t mention Muhammad at all but it got bleeped too. We’ll be back next week with a whole new show about something completely different and we’ll see what happens to it."

[edit on 2010-5-7 by EnhancedInterrogator]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
well sure, just like the simpsons, TPTB let a show develop a huge cult following, and then they make sure that it tells those masses what to think. often by lampooning an idea they want to squash.

i think that everything we see on tv is controlled by TPTB

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
The joke is that they had to hide Muhammad so the other religions didn't get upset. And all they had was a uhaul and a bear suit. And they didn't let chef go. Isaac Hayes left the show after the Scientology episode.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnhancedInterrogator
That entire post made, like ZERO sense to me.

They lampoon everyone and everything - including every religion and themselves.

Much of the "censoring" in there (covering up with a big black rectangle labeled "censored") was to mock the whole ridiculousness of censorship itself.

PS: Here's a quote ....

"In the 14 years we’ve been doing South Park we have never done a show that we couldn’t stand behind. We delivered our version of the show to Comedy Central and they made a determination to alter the episode. It wasn’t some meta-joke on our part. Comedy Central added the bleeps. In fact, Kyle’s customary final speech was about intimidation and fear. It didn’t mention Muhammad at all but it got bleeped too. We’ll be back next week with a whole new show about something completely different and we’ll see what happens to it."

[edit on 2010-5-7 by EnhancedInterrogator]

Have you tried to watch it on their site? And how does my post confuse you?

The writers of the show may not be guilty of censoring the show, but someone did.

And they dont really go after Muhammad as they do other religious leaders.

link   
If "the powers that be" controlled South Park, half of their episodes wouldn't even exist. They aren't controlled. They have gotten too big on their own to fall under such control. I believe if the two fellas behind the show saw that noose tightening around them, they'd have quit the show and let it die (or like Ren & Stimpy, let someone else take over). The Mohammad thing was a corporate decision for sure, but that doesn't mean the creative minds behind the show are under TPTB's fist.

You may be Islamic or like Islam, but their are millions of Islamic people out there and their religion prohibits the depiction of Mohammad. Does he really need to be shown and mocked as Jesus constantly is? You may say yes and have no problem with it (and even raise a 1st Amendment protest to it), but millions more would disagree. And even though I see no harm in it, perhaps Comedy Central didn't want to take that chance. Again, corporate decision - nothing more.

link   
South Park has had Jesus in it since the 90's. And you could say, they went to far in a few of THOSE episodes. But, I find the humor in it. I dont think they went too far with Mohammad. I think people finding it offensive is rediculous, but then again, people can get offended by anything these days.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I think my friends over at æ covered the subject perfectly

South Park is a poorly drawn cartoon series that exists solely as a way to promote its creators' political opinions. Created by Trey Parker and Matt Stone, it debuted on Comedy Central in 1997, and has since gone from gross-out comedy to libertarian propaganda for the right, with occasional forays into pro-*** propaganda so the two can wear dresses [snipped]. This show has produced more memes and submemes than the last 50 years of public television combined. Along with Total Drama Island, it is also one of the only two animated shows to have ever featured a [sniped]

For a time South Park was funny and quotable for 12 year olds, but then Parker and Stone decided to turn the show into a soap box for their right-wing beliefs. Occasionally, they'll reverse their rantings when it becomes fashionable, as when they bashed Wal-Mart for the same **** Starbucks does, or when they finally did an episode admitting that Climate Change was real after a series of anti-Global Warming episodes.

Typically, every episode ends with a moral, so Parker and Stone can cover up their hack writing and use of strawman arguments while they proudly assert that they're taking the *** out of the pretentious and self-aggrandizing and promoting freedom of speech...similar to Encyclopedia Dramatica.

At the present time, there is no particular reason why anyone should continue to watch this show, other than being a diehard fan who believes watching it still makes you hip and relevant, and totally not a *****.
-Encyclopædia Dramatica

Pretty much covers it. It is a lot like everything else that is not for the "ignorant masses" it is so cool and outside the box because EVERYONE watches it. This gave birth to the "south park republicans" basically it is like Barney for people who can't grasp what rush limbaugh is saying. The best part of it is people keep going on and on about how the MSM is conditioning us all and blah blah blah but then those same people will turn around and talk about south park like it is the word of god (or dawkins).

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by xynephadyn

Yes, and they've also had Muhammed. Remember Jesus and his "Super Friends" going up against David Blaine?

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by zaiger
I think my friends over at æ covered the subject perfectly

South Park is a poorly drawn cartoon series that exists solely as a way to promote its creators' political opinions. Created by Trey Parker and Matt Stone, it debuted on Comedy Central in 1997, and has since gone from gross-out comedy to libertarian propaganda for the right, with occasional forays into pro-*** propaganda so the two can wear dresses [snipped]. This show has produced more memes and submemes than the last 50 years of public television combined. Along with Total Drama Island, it is also one of the only two animated shows to have ever featured a [sniped]

For a time South Park was funny and quotable for 12 year olds, but then Parker and Stone decided to turn the show into a soap box for their right-wing beliefs. Occasionally, they'll reverse their rantings when it becomes fashionable, as when they bashed Wal-Mart for the same **** Starbucks does, or when they finally did an episode admitting that Climate Change was real after a series of anti-Global Warming episodes.

Typically, every episode ends with a moral, so Parker and Stone can cover up their hack writing and use of strawman arguments while they proudly assert that they're taking the *** out of the pretentious and self-aggrandizing and promoting freedom of speech...similar to Encyclopedia Dramatica.

At the present time, there is no particular reason why anyone should continue to watch this show, other than being a diehard fan who believes watching it still makes you hip and relevant, and totally not a *****.
-Encyclopædia Dramatica

Pretty much covers it. It is a lot like everything else that is not for the "ignorant masses" it is so cool and outside the box because EVERYONE watches it. This gave birth to the "south park republicans" basically it is like Barney for people who can't grasp what rush limbaugh is saying. The best part of it is people keep going on and on about how the MSM is conditioning us all and blah blah blah but then those same people will turn around and talk about south park like it is the word of god (or dawkins).

I was all ears until the line about 'they admitted global warming being real'.

ITS NOT

You had me up until then... Sorry.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
The show exist because it's funny. They had Jesus saving santa claus and killing the iraqi's that held him, black hawk down style. The religious jokes are half the reason why I watch it. And if it is pro muslim, which it clearly lampoons all religions, so what. But to say that their disinfo agents and working for the NWO is pretty out there. The show changes because the times change. I don't see it being a right wing show.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Goethe

I never said global warming was real. That was a snippet from Encyclopedia dramatica.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Did anyone actually watch the episode?????
I wasn't Muhammad in a bear suit, it was Father Christmas!

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by zaiger
reply to post by Goethe

I never said global warming was real. That was a snippet from Encyclopedia dramatica.

Im sorry, I wasnt trying to say you did, or I didnt believe your statements. Just that thats info about that lost me. Thats all.

Sorry for the confusion.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Emphursis
Did anyone actually watch the episode?????
I wasn't Muhammad in a bear suit, it was Father Christmas!

hey.......that's my line!

posted on 2-5-2010 @ 09:25 single this post "quote"REPLY TO:

didn't anyone actually watch the show? SANTA was in the bear suit, not Mo....

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

www.abovetopsecret.com...

but, you are right. people are missing the point except that the only violence that has occurred was in NYC and it was the Taliban (yeah right) and not the Muslim people.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Issac Hayes (chef) wasnt let go, he actually quit the shows due to its portrayal of scientology.

Im sorry, your theory makes little sense

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Goethe

obviously you never saw the show or know anything about the network.

Lets throw some more details out there that may help you fall back in love with south park again!

1. south park didnt censor mohammed, it was aired, you saw the episodes that the NETWORK censored. I mean you watch the show they censor nothing.

2. they didnt let chef go, he bailed because hes a scientologist and felt offended they picked on him. Well they pick on everyone and he somehow took it to heart.

I bet TPTB wish they had control of these modern day geniuses.

SOUTH PARK FTW!

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Goethe

Was it the part where americans poop everywhere? I planned a family trip to the US myself to see this "pooping". Hahaha Just kidding!

I kinda thought the same thing and I believe that the US' leaders are kinda sucking the sack in the middle east. Its like being a kid and seeing the person control the marionette and trying to imagine the marionette is alive while the person controlling it yells "Pretend Im not here!"

I watched that episode and thought the same thing. South park even went so far as to make Jesus a part of their show. But they won't bash Mohammad? Hmmmmm.... I thought they were the media badasses

top topics

join