It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012: The end date, and the reason why this date

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I do not know if anyone else are aware of this.

But the fact that the mayan calendar ends on 21 Dec. 2012 (our time) is not by "accident".

The CURRENT Calendar, the Gregorian Calendar, which we calculate the time from, was by PURPOSE altered and changed in the 1500s - which happens to be just about the same time the americas were discovered and explored.

So, they found the mayan calendar and figured it out, and adjusted "our" calendar to be adjusted in accordance with the Mayan calendar.

The reason for this is the simple fact of the end date of the mayan calendar, 13.0.0.0.0 - and anyone with a slight knowledge about the occult or spiritual know of the significance of this number. Thus, these people running the show, with the Pope at top, introduced the NEW calendar which had been adjusted so that the "end date" would be the EXTREMELY SYMBOLICAL 12/21/12, instead of the rather un-interesting and non symbolical 12/08/12 which would have been the date if we stilled used the Julian Calendar.

Thus, not only is the events of 2012 known about by the governments, they are in fact expected and wanted, and as seen by the symbology, it is reasonable to assume they are involved with the occult and thus planning some form of "mega ritual" on 2012.

Good luck to all
-Maggador

[edit on 7-5-2010 by IX-777]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
"mega ritual"- know anymore about that?

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I did not know that!

Thank you, and a flag for zee.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by IX-777

ya that's it, but really not at all. they altered the calender because it was getting all out of whack. the amount of time in a year was wrong, and winter was in july and summer in december and all that.

and my theory on the end of the world crap, is that the Pleiades, one of the star systems used by the Mayans in the formation of their calender, would no longer be a constant. stars are constantly moving, but because of the fact that they are so far away, we can only see a discernable difference in their position in approximately 100,000 years. therefore, the star systems used would not be a constant, and would fall out of line.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
The big problem I have with all this 12/21/12 stuff is that the date used to be written like this:

'the 21st day of December in the year of our Lord 2012'

Which numericaly would put you date out as 21/12/12. Does that change the significance?

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I'll let you know what I think on the 22 Dec 2012. Just party like it's 1999... (or 2012).

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by IX-777

i've been interested in 2012 for about 6 years now, and its only just got interesting rather recently, with how events are taking place more extremely (yes, it has change)

i don't believe in "the end of the world", but something big enough to be remembered. i'm also skeptical of prophecy dates; somewhere around the date at most.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
yeah i like the way you coined it a 'mega ritual'

hahaha that's a real neat way to look at it

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by IX-777

isn't there a 2012 forum on here?

some say there's going to be a consciousness shift; whatever that means

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
The more I think about this the more I end up thinking that through all the hype and buildup of this date that something is going to happen, although I think it going to end up being an event caused by fear of the date itself and less "something apocalyptic" kind of like bringing it about on our own, which actually maybe what it is all suppose to be about anyway. Truth is, no one will know what if anything will happen on that date, until it happens and anything otherwise is pure speculation.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by IX-777

What is the importance of 13.0.0.0.0? I have explored that question but i feel i haven't discovered what it is i am looking for. I have actually a while back made a thread about that date but was inconclusive.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by IX-777

What is the importance of 13.0.0.0.0? I have explored that question but i feel i haven't discovered what it is i am looking for. I have actually a while back made a thread about that date but was inconclusive.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

at first i wasnt going to say anything about you posting that twice...untill i saw your name.

thats pretty funny

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by LurkerMan

ya lol, happens when im usin the mac. dno what the deal is.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   
2012 is the year a generation learns not to be so gullible. They'll also learn not inflict their whacky BS on the rest of us.

2012 is the year the next generation starts banging on about the new whacky BS...death by asteroid is my bet.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion
reply to post by IX-777

Twelve stands for the 12 astrological signs that we are all reincarnated through in order to learn the life lessons of each. Once all the 12 lessons are completed the spirit can move on to becoming a more complete whole. The number 13, I believe symbolizes this completion it being the next mathematical step.

It can be traced back to the Egyptians and the tale of Isis and Osiris.

Osiris was killed by Set and cut into 13 pieces. He spread the pieces all over the world. Isis was able to find 12 of the pieces and put them back together but the thirteenth piece, his penis, she hasn't found. I am of the understanding that this piece is soon to be found literally, symbolically or both.

Also it is connected to Jesus of Nazareth:

He had 12 disciples, the personalities of which astrologers claim can be attributed to each of the 12 zodiac sun signs. Jesus was the thirteenth being complete, whole.

Quetzacoatl, Guatama Buddhism, Shiite Islam. There are many mythologies in various cultures which teach of the significance of this number. (And all the numbers before it for that matter).

Linda Goodman in the "Twelve Mysteries of Love" chapter of her book, Love Signs, sums this up best and much more in depth.

Aaand, if you really want to get into numerology the book Star Signs by the same author has a very comprehensive chapter on that also.

Happy seeking
-YB

p.s. anyone feel free to correct me if I am off a bit

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by YoungBlood

That was exactly what i was looking for! Thank you.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   

The CURRENT Calendar, the Gregorian Calendar, which we calculate the time from, was by PURPOSE altered and changed in the 1500s - which happens to be just about the same time the americas were discovered and explored.

Really? Columbus discovered the Americas in 1492. The Gregorian calendar was adopted in 1582. Spanish conquest of the Yucatan was for all practical purposes complete in 1546.

the end date of the mayan calendar, 13.0.0.0.0

This is a reference to the Haab calendar. It is a 365 day calendar. That's the same as the Julian calendar, the one that was replaced by the Gregorian calendar. Strange to claim that we switched to a 365 day calendar which is what we replaced.

The problem here is that the Haab part of the Mayan calendar does not wrap in 2012 or any year close to that.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Lets ask a few questions here.

1-what rituals for what groups would make 12/21/12 important

2-has anyone actually seen a ritual that worked?

3- what if nothing happens? wouldn't you feel silly? honestly i dont think anything will happen but if it does i'll be the first to apaologize.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join