It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake in Ireland ... Mag 2.7 ??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Seriously .. what are THEY doing to our planet, this is not even funny. Ireland is the least likely place on Earth that an earthquake might happen and they seem to have managed one. A Mag 2.7 felt in county Clare on the west coast of Ireland.

If this is natural .. fair enough, but what are the chances? ... none as records go ?

How ? is it HAARP, or what ?

If this can happen in Ireland, what is next ?

Peace

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Hmmm, the only on the other side of the channel from me :S

I hope we dont see regular occurrences of this.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
hey, can you give us a link to that ?

thanks bud

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by All_Truth_Soon

Do you have a link to where you got your information about this? I looked at USGS and nothing was there on this.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   

HAARP can't pop a bag of popcorn.

Go to bed, the Sun will come out tommorrow.

A 2.7 in Ireland will just help to Stir the Drinks.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Heres a very small mention of it in Clare report:

clare.fm

It says it happened Thursday on another site.

[edit on 7/5/2010 by Chamberf=6]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
there was one not long ago in donegal, i wouldnt pay to much attention a 2.7 is not that big. the controlled explosion in derry lastnite was probably a 2.7 lol

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by truthseeker10

I agree. If even a site from Clare only gives the topic 3 or 4 sentences its definately no big dealio.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Here is a useful link, I did not find anything in Ireland but it may not have been updated.

hisz.rsoe.hu...

Interesting enough and not to turn this into a Biblical debate nor one of religion but Jesus told his diciples that in the end times we would see earthquakes in divers place or unusual places.

Matthew 24:7 - For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.

I am just throwing this out there but this year has certianly started out with many earthquakes (yes more than usual) all over the world. Just check out the map listed above the middle east has been lit up for weeks, it has me a little worried of where the next big one will hit.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Earthquakes in Ireland.
www.irishtimes.com...

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Melissa101

Matthew 24:7 - For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.

you could be onto something there melissa101

nation against nation - kingdom against kingdom = the war in ireland??
famines = the irish famine
pestilence = alchoholism ???
earthquakes = there's been 2 this year that i know of.

for such a small country it ticks all the boxes of Matthew 24:7

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeker10

You could probably use the same criteria for 80% of the countries on the

planet. LOL

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
hmmm, yeah I'm pretty sure all that was going on when those words were written. Might as well have just said "It will be a Tuesday."

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeker10

Originally posted by Melissa101

you could be onto something there melissa101

Ha ha ha... I am not focusing on Ireland alone, this is in reference to the world wide events. The association with my statement (since you missed it) and Ireland is the divers places (FYI: that means unusual)

[edit on 7-5-2010 by Melissa101]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
There you go, confirmed!

www.earthquakes.bgs.ac.uk...

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Hmm, maybe this is more interesting than I thought.

According to the Annals of the Four Masters, an earthquake occurred in West Clare almost 1,000 years ago, splitting the land between the Cliffs of Moher on the north and Baltard Cliffs on the south. The subsequent tidal wave engulfed the whole district between these two headlands, and the Atlantic is now rolling over what was once dry land.

www.clareherald.com...

about the annals:
en.wikipedia.org...

The annals online:
www.ucc.ie...

I'm not sure if I found the exact reference but I did find this:

M3790.2

These are the lakes which burst forth in his time: Loch Aenbheithe, in Ui Cremhthainn; Loch Saileach; Loch Na nGasan, in Magh Luirg, in Connaught; and the eruption of the sea between Eabha and Ros Cette.

Edited to add another link:

"On March 16, 804 there was an earthquake which created a tidal wave which the Annals say caused the sea to swell ‘so high that it burst its boundaries, overflowing a large tract of country, and drowning over 1,000 persons’, The Island of Fitha was divided into 3 parts, creating Mutton Island. What there was to see fell into the sea in the early 19C"
earlychristianireland.org...

I think this is the actual quote from the annals:

"M799.11

There happened great wind, thunder, and lightning, on the day before the festival of Patrick of this year, so that one thousand and ten persons were killed in the territory of Corca Bhaiscinn, and the sea divided the island of Fitha into three parts."

[edit on 7-5-2010 by quakewatcher]

[edit on 7-5-2010 by quakewatcher]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Could be related to the Icelandic Volcanic Eruption, after all Iceland is the tip of the Mid Atlantic Ridge, which is an Oceanic Spreading Zone.
Why wouldn't there be more quakes on either side of the Atlantic?
There was also 3 quakes in Spain yesterday too

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   
@quakewatcher, excellent research there, well done.
This probably has something to do with iceland, who knows where the underground tentacles of a volcano can spread to.

Some more news links

Irish Times

The Irish Examiner

Sott.net

Met Eireann

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Ireland, like the rest of the British Isles, is riddled with old faultlines - remember at one time we were covered in huge volcanoes (Snowdonia, MacGillycuddy's Reeks, the Skye Cuillin etc are remnants) - and every now and again one of these old faults shifts a little. There are also still cooling magmatic batholiths in places (Cornwall for example - not sure if Ireland has any or not) which again can cause small tremors as they contract.

The British Isles can experience over a hundred earthquakes a year - but unusually only one or two that get noticed and most manage only a few lines in local newspapers.

[edit on 8-5-2010 by Essan]

top topics

join