It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Manchester United Thread

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   

I love this guy.
edit on 2-4-2011 by BlackPoison94 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Gahh.... I hate it that the OP committed a cardinal sin for United fans in his second sentence and continued to do so, and then to see another poster use the same terminology. I would of banned him just for that.

Anyway all muppets aside, good result in the end today.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by pazcat
Gahh.... I hate it that the OP committed a cardinal sin for United fans in his second sentence and continued to do so, and then to see another poster use the same terminology. I would of banned him just for that.

especially from 2 down and with Arse and Chelsea dropping points

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by leedslurker

Indeed, that was a welcome bonus. Infact all the results pleased me greatly today, although it was hell on my fantasy team and tips.
It was definitely a game of two halves, changes had to be made and it was a good call. Looked really good going forwards when Hernandez and Berb came on.
I have a feeling we may need every extra point we can grab too, now for city to lose tomorrow please.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   

reply to post by leedslurker

I have a feeling we may need every extra point we can grab too, now for city to lose tomorrow please.

Sunderland can be a handful, Brucie to have them up for the game, and Wellbeck to get a couple

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Well I'll take that result tonight.
It gives us an important away goal, and hopefully some needed confidence.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Man U
Mate I was supporting Man U decades before your brain becane fried.
But anyway it was good to see Man U beat Chelsea , Rooney make Torres look llike a spanish fly caught in the Man U hook.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
We haven't been looking the best but we are getting it done. The comeback against West Ham was classic United and the win yesterday was well earned. We just got to keep on going on and we may very well pull another treble.

That is all

Trowa

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by TrowaBarton

Far too early for treble talk, it would be nice but nothing is said and done. Frankly Stoke or Bolton can have the cup as long as we knock city off. It's going to be a huge semi and who knows maybe city can even sell their allocation out.
We should be alright without Rooney. Stupid FA.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   

reply to post by TrowaBarton

Far too early for treble talk, it would be nice but nothing is said and done. Frankly Stoke or Bolton can have the cup as long as we knock city off. It's going to be a huge semi and who knows maybe city can even sell their allocation out.
We should be alright without Rooney. Stupid FA.

this

they've not sold out their game against the vermin on monday, there will be some good reason

and, huh huh, huge semi
edit on 8-4-2011 by leedslurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Brilliant result tonight, hard to fault anyone.

How Hernandez isn't up for young player of the year is beyond me, the guy is a goal machine.

Also
hastorresscoredforchelsea.com...

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I want to bet whoever will play against MU will beat MU in the final of CL

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I dunno about that, if barca/Real (whoever wins) played anything like they did last night. manU will walk it. And to be honest, after last nights absolute shambles of a match, I hopethey do.

Last nights real/barca game was an insult to football. I was expecting a clown on a unicycle at half time, and the team to be dropped off in a mini at the centre circle. It was such a circus of a game. The cheating was so obvious, and so stupid, that it made it unwatchable. If these people were even half the footballers they are paid to be, then this quite simply wouldn't happen. They're a bunch of cheats, and neither team deserve to win the CL.

I hope man U win it, and that's coming from a Spurs fan

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
That game yesterday was an insult to football period. Even the announcers that we had here in the states said with about ten minutes left that they felt sorry for those who were watching at home as the game was far more theatrics than football. It was a pity that these two teams who are considered by many two be two of the best ever are nothing more than a collective group of cry babies who brign shame to the sport.

I long for the days of proper footy that went out the door around the mid 90's. You know when players actually cared and when they would actually try to get possession back after a foul instead of throwing their arms up and mean mugging the ref and when they would stay on their feet after being touched in any way instead of falling to the gorund like they were just shot with a colt.45 (which many players imo deserve now a days)

Trowa

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrowaBarton
That game yesterday was an insult to football period. Even the announcers that we had here in the states said with about ten minutes left that they felt sorry for those who were watching at home as the game was far more theatrics than football. It was a pity that these two teams who are considered by many two be two of the best ever are nothing more than a collective group of cry babies who brign shame to the sport.

I long for the days of proper footy that went out the door around the mid 90's. You know when players actually cared and when they would actually try to get possession back after a foul instead of throwing their arms up and mean mugging the ref and when they would stay on their feet after being touched in any way instead of falling to the gorund like they were just shot with a colt.45 (which many players imo deserve now a days)

Trowa

it was a vile, cynical, awful game - a CL semi final ffs - Platini and Blatter would have probably not even noticed.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Ferguson made wholesale changes to Man U...ooh or is that UTD or no United.
Yeah we care that juveniles nicknamed Manchester United Manure.
Man U...Man Utd...Man United... Manchester U....Manchester utd....true fans have seen every match scoreboard wheteher live or on Tv.
Anyway we triumphed over a once again clueless Shalke.
The final will be worth looking forward to , Barcelona will be tough, but not unbeatable.
Predict Man U 2 v Barcelona 1.
Giggs will score , and Rooney will dictate play.
Messi ? Lets hope he doesn't play.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Conspire

When I was six years old, in 1984, I, was in the canteen at school in N.Ireland having lunch with a friend. And he turned to me and said, who is the best team in England and who do you support, and at the time kenny daglish was killing it. Liverpoool was the king. However from the day forth I was a ManU supporter and till I die I will stand by those men, Long live the devils, long live the reds.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2eaad89faac3.png[/atsimg]

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
To be honest I hope Manchester Utd beat Barca in the CL final next week, even though I kinda hate them. Unfortunately, I don't think it will happen though. I think Man Utd will give Barca the toughest test so far they have had, but to be honest Barca are the best team in Europe at the moment and I just can't see it. It should be a good game though.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   
For the record I believe Sir Alex will if he plays Berbatov and Herndez up front and gives Rooney a roaming Midfield role , we can beat Barcelona, yes this is a 442 and recognising Rooney can play as a Midfielder at least as competently as Paul Gascoigne.
The other three midfield players would have to work harder than hell yes but Park, carrick can do this the third choice? Giggs has to be there.
United cannot sit back they have to throw eggs from the start.
Messi may be King, but Rooney, Giggs, Hernandez and that silent understaed genius Berbatov can beat any team any time.
But if Alex the man, plays Rooney and Hernandez up front well who knows.
Go Man U.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join