It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Manchester United Thread

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
My bad. A friend told me about it and I was completely shocked. It makes sense since with Titus Bramble's world class defending to lose with that scoreline. One point away from first place is frustrating but I would take a second place finish considering United have lost their overrated poster-boy. Next season should definitely be interesting if Liverpool don't recover and the table is switched up.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Man United have finished a creditable second.
A good solid season,undone slightly by Rooneys injury during the last part of the calendar.
Chelsea are deserved champions, good on them.
Arsenal too had a creditable season.
Spurs took fourth spot.
Liverpool to be honest had a stinker, the most overpaid bunch of whining ninnies one ever could be unfortunate enough to watch never mind support.
Great to see wolves stay up .
Sad to see Burnley go down.
Glazer is unpopular because he is a money lover, and not a Football lover.
Great to see so many man U fans here, and that they are so endeared withth eclub that 20 repiles have ensued on the thread so far, the posts are all so supportive of Man U I am cheered to be truthful.....thanks folks.
Fergie may only have one season to go, the interesting thing is at 71 nonone is saying he is too old I think he could do the job for another five years easy.
It is important he remains longer than the glazers.
Please note anyone can convert to United, you just close your eyes and say three times"I wish to support the greatest Football team in the World"
its that easy.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Expect Berbatov,Carrick,Brown,to name three to be leaving Old Trafford soon.
Berbatov may be heading to Newcastle if reports are to believed.
Torres may be in a United shirt ,as Liverpool stutter and splutter under the finacial strain and incompetence of Benitez the Bloop.
Liverpool a once mighty club are now a laughing stock the nation over, enough of them.
Spain were in the spotlight after being named by lord Triesman as a nation trying to bribe referees for the forthcoming world cup.
Tiesman has had to resign as he couldnt prove his words, but the latins will be under closer scrutiny perhaps?
Man United have Rooney Ferdinand carrick,brown,in the provisional wc squad for England.
Counting down to June.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Conspire

You seem to be more obsessed with Liverpool FC than you very own precious Manchester United.

Why do you insist on consistantly mentioning them in a negative way? It's getting quite pathetic now.

Let it go.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

Nothing here about the extra £75 million debt on the club last season?

That brings the debt to well over £800 million.

Won't be long now........

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Its great to see how a Man United thread is read by LFC fans and how they seem to have an urge to post despite themselves.
You are all welcome ,I know you are wishing to convert to the Man united family.
I really cant see Liverpool being a competitor to the top eight next season,they in fact could be relegated, because Gerrard is leaving as is Torres,Benayoun,Kuyt,carragher,johnson,just to name six.
It is relevant to mention the once mighty and respected Liverpool FC,as it is a lesson in history.
Whilst Man Uniteds merit continually grows season by season.
I see Everton finishing higher than Liverpoo next season by at least four places.
Benitez the bloop has killed Liverpool.
Enough of them.
Sir Bobby Charlton, George Best,Wayne Rooney, Rio Ferdinand,Dennis Law,Roy Keane,Bryan Robson,Ryan Giggs,Paul scholes,Brian Kidd,David Beckham,Steve Coppell,Eric Cantana,Roy Keane,Christian Ronaldo,Duncan Violet,Nobby Stiles,Paul Ince,
To name a few....so much artistry, so much dignity.
MANCHESTER UNITED.
thats why we mention liverpool, the contrast is as stark as it gets

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   

It's great to see hypocrisy is still your strong point after you spent so long posting in the LFC thread.
respect, man u style

Respect for fans

respect for other players

Just a small sampling.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Manchester United being the greatest Football Club in existence will always attract jealous barbs from unenlightened individuals who understandably are frustrated at their own sides inferiority.
But I welcome the disillusioned Liverpool fans here neverthless, I dont ask them to go elsewhere like I was told for posting very BRIEFLY in THE BTS Liverpoo thread, no I pity your plight it cannot be easy watching your Club making a mockery of its traditions and history, I imagine the great Bill Shankly would be frustrated too watching a person who cannot even speak English properly run his club into disgrace.
Benitez the man who has no respect for the Premier League only Europe...ha he isnt even in the Champios League next year, thats what appointing a Buffoon does to your club.
In contrast Man United are a shining example of dignified management.
Yes they are in debt due to a money hungry American buying the club to offload his debt onto a credit worthy Man United, but we will prevail with pride and dignity intact.
Whilst Sir Bobby Charlton,and Fergie is there at Old Trafford all is well.
The Benitez experience will alert Man U not to appoint a foreign flunkey, like Mourinho, but a dependable dignified man like say Roy Hodgson.
Tottenham are like Uniteds spiritual brother, Liverpool should learn off Spurs before its too late.
Enough of them
Glory Glory Man United

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by budski
reply to post by LiveForever8

Nothing here about the extra £75 million debt on the club last season?

That brings the debt to well over £800 million.

Won't be long now........

Wont be long for what?

The glaziers have turned down two offers to buy the club, Utd have the biggest fan base in the world so there will always be people who would want to own the club.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by belfast

No-one is going to want to buy them with a debt approaching 1 billion pounds.

The debt has grown every year since the glazers took over.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Foster has gone to Birmingham City , its a pity in a way as he has great potential, lets all wish him well.
Machedo the Italian kid is looking a real prospect IF HE CAN KEP FIT, he is a dark horse ready to shine brightly.
Iam sure he is learning heaps off Rooney in fact he was starting to play like Rooney in the glimpses we saw of him.
Personally I believe it would be great to see Owen stage a U turn in fitness and luck and be a Man U star.
What a shame for England he has been cursed with injuries for almost a decade.
He was/is a once in a lifetime mighty player, no doubt.
Ferdinand is coming along fine for England and should be fit for next season,though there are tiny whispers about him moving to Spurs.
I cant see Hargreaves staying at Man U , I think he is bitter beyond words with Fergie.
Berbatov is certainly leaving , some gossip had him going to the North with Newcastle, but that seems highly not likely,he is suited to continental pace.
Glen Johnson he is a player(what a killer goal against Mexico wooeee) and would be great on the right side midfield for Man U ....forget him as a defender , he is world class going forward with ability to cover in defence when needed.
If Gerrard wasnt such typical Liverpool flunkey I would say he would be an assett for us , but he is so memememe and me just ask his England teammates at the last World cup(it is rumored he talked more about his future at Anfield in 2006 than the England cause , to his teamates) , he is a Gerrard man, and will not shape himself in any way for any other cause?
Enough of him though.
James Milner he is a man we would want and cherish.
A team man an adapter a man with skill abundant, but most of all a man with honesty.
A fantastic replacement for Paul Scholes.
Milners work rate his phenomenel, he is in the Nobby stiles mould.
In a weird way I cannot see Rooney staying at Man U indefinitely, despite what is said, I believe he will shine above all others as a midfielder.
He is wasted as a centre forward.
A talented creative midfielder with vision can supply goals in abundance even to average centre forwards.
Rooney can supply killer balls and score himself,he is at least as good as Paul gascoigne as a playmaker.
Lets hope he stays fit for England and for Man U next season.
Joe Cole would be OK for us as well though he is cursed like owen?
On a footnote watching the Republic Of Ireland beating Paraguay in a friendly, Henry and France are a disgrace.
Go Ireland.we all know you were cheated by a basketball star.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

Renowned football finance expert Keith Harris has offered a lifeline to Manchester United’s mounting debt by confirming he is trying to broker a takeover of the club.

therepublikofmancunia.com...

So u see there are people willing to buy Man utd

[edit on 26-5-2010 by belfast]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Mate foster just not good enough could be in a few years but not at the minute.

Rio wont go to spurs.

Glen Johnson no hope of getting him from Liverpool pluss Valencia done pretty well there in his first season at the club.

James Milner wont play for Utd because he was a leeds fan.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by belfast

I very much doubt that Man U fans will see the marquee signings they are used to - most of the ronaldo money went on paying off some of the debt, which is set to go over £1 billion within the next 2 - 4 years.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

I agree with u the debt is shocking thats y the majority of Utd fans want the glaziers out.

I also agree with u on the marquee signings the only teams who will be signing the big players in England will be Chelsea Man city and maybe Spurs the rest of the clubs are skint.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by belfast
reply to post by budski

Renowned football finance expert Keith Harris has offered a lifeline to Manchester United’s mounting debt by confirming he is trying to broker a takeover of the club.

therepublikofmancunia.com...

So u see there are people willing to buy Man utd

[edit on 26-5-2010 by belfast]

The glazers won't sell, they'll just keep piling debt on the club and bleeding it dry until they HAVE to sell, and by that time it may very well be too late.

The red knights have had a lot of publicity, but nothing concrete - it may be just this broker trying to make a bigger name for himself.

Regardless of that, any takeover would first have to reduce the debt instead of just paying the interest which would leave very little for buying players.

The same thing happened in Italy a few years ago with many clubs becoming overextended, because of very high transfer prices, high wages and debt loaded onto clubs because people believed the TV bubble wouldn't burst - and while conditions may have changed now, especially regarding clubs marketing TV themselves (in the near future) LFC and man u are essentially cash cows for unscrupulous "businessmen" who care nothing for the clubs or their fans.
They just want to suck as much money as they can out of the clubs and then bail out when the going gets tough.

[edit on 26/5/2010 by budski]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Great thread OP Iam a Man U fan from childhood.
Watched Beckham play with the likes of Scholes and Giggs many a time when I lived in the UK.
Fergie has outlasted them all, and I see Benitez has gone also.
Only Arsene even comes anywhere near Fergie in terms of achievement and longevity.
Man City are pretenders, but Man United that is the real deal.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by belfast
reply to post by budski

I agree with u the debt is shocking thats y the majority of Utd fans want the glaziers out.

I also agree with u on the marquee signings the only teams who will be signing the big players in England will be Chelsea Man city and maybe Spurs the rest of the clubs are skint.

I'm a Liverpool fan and let me tell you, Man Utd supporters have my sympathy. We managed to get rid of Hicks and Gillette who took our club to the cleaners and ripped us off for millions of pounds while heaping huge amounts of debt on the club. Seems the Glaziers are doing the same disgusting trick to your club.
The rivalry between our clubs will always be there but I dont think any LFC fan likes seeing Man Utd being run so badly.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by CholmondleyWarner

Problem is mate, too many plastic fans who know nothing about the finances and then moan because they haven't spent £50 million on a player.

ferguson is just as bad - he defends the owners at every turn, and even slates his own fans for the green and gold campaign, that most of the daytrippers don't even have a clue about in regards to what it means.

Keane was spot on a few years back with his prawn sandwich comment.

Watch the club go into free-fall when ferguson goes - and right now he's spinning a line to the fans because he cares more about his legacy than he does about the clubs future.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

What is Ferguson to do? - genuine question

- walk?
- slag the glazers off and get sacked?
- do the best he can with the resources he has?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join