Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

The Manchester United Thread

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
The intention of this thread I guess is to pay tribute to the greatest and most respected Football Club on Earth.
I will endeavour to speak of its history and traditions ect, and would welcome Man U admirers to post anything that contributes to the threads intention.
To kick things off here is my list of United players who would or would have walked into any World Cup first eleven.
Bobby Charlton,George Best,Wayne Rooney,Christian Ronaldo,Dennis Law ,Bryan Robson,Brian Kidd,Rio Ferdinand,Eric Cantana,David Beckham,Paul Scholes,Ryan Giggs, these are just some ,the ones I have had the honour of watching live or on the box regularly.
People who dont understand think Man U fans are glory hunters , ina sense they are right, but in the sense they mean they are wrong.
Man U have had the best fans in England whether they are on top or on the bottom, they had the most devoted fans in the second division too.
No Man United are all about winning by effort and fairness.
Knick Knack paddy whack give the dog a bone .

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Tonights the night.
Lets hope Wigan can beat Chelsea
We can beat our opponents no worrys.
Rooney got a hatrick of Awards at the Manchester United awards night.
Best Goal, fans player of the season, and players players of the season.
He is modest and lovable.
Congrats Wayne .

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Not that i mean to hijack your thread like the Leeds Terrorist i am but, and wait for it...

1-0!

RIO, WHATS THE SCORE!?! RIO RIO, WHATS THE SCORE?

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

I'm not a manchester of a leeds fan but errr what league is leeds united in and what league in manchester united in?

...I rest my case

JK

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I just want to wish you good luck ... we're all counting on you!

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

Errr, i'm not much of a man u fan but i could swear Leeds were the first team to knock em out of FA cup round so early in the race. 1-0 as i remember it and what makes it sweeter is that they thought they were going to wipe floor with us, even joking about it, but the real laughs came when the 90 mins were done, and fergie time had ran out and all that was left was 60,000 glory supporting scum fans with tears in there eyes and then the roaring sound of 9,000 leeds fans asking rio ferdinand what the score was.

Almost as good as getting promoted.
I rest my case

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc

Almost as good as getting promoted.
I rest my case

Touché.

Anyway I'm really not a fan of Man U so I love to see them be beaten by lower league teams and to be honest I'm not a fan of Leeds at all (look at my location
) So promotion means you guys are going to have to be facing us (Doncaster) next year!!

Oh the victories over Leeds are gonna be sweeeeeeeeeeet.

[edit on 8-5-2010 by Rising Against]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Oh the victories over Leeds are gonna be sweeeeeeeeeeet.

To bad they're all going to be in your head

You you know you smiled when we beat scum

Its okay, we cant help being such a great club

Looking forwarding to showing you some football next season, bring it on!

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Its okay, we cant help being such a great club

Awwww Bless.

You seem to be forgetting you USED to be a great and big club and then you got relegated and then relegated once again and well thing's change.

You know and I don’t know why but this all reminds me about the time when we played you guys in the playoffs a few years ago.....Tell me, what was the score again??

Isn't it funny that popped into my head. Hmmm

Looking forward to showing you guys around the keepmoat stadium next season.

[edit on 8-5-2010 by Rising Against]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Hahaha, we will deffinately pencil you in for a vist on our way to premier league

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Greatest and most respected football club on Earth?...Your record is still poorer than Liverpools, and I'm sure the supporters of Real Madrid and Barcalona would have a few things to say also...not to mention some of the South American teams!

Wait until you are the greatest and most respectedclub in Manchester..then maybe make a thread about it

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Conspire

Here ya go.... seeing as you're such a true fan.

The Ultimate Man U link.

Real Man U fans only

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

Soooooooooooooo looking forward to it.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Gratz to man u for winning 2nd place, think ferguson is losing is touch eh?

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Oh well....Maybe next year Yeah?

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rising Against

Oh well....Maybe next year Yeah?

Oh don't say that to ManU fans ... we all know that for them the pain is easy, it's the hope that kills 'em.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Hope is all it's ever going to be.

Although I'm afraid the same goes for chelski as Doncasters going to be promoted next year and then the title is finally coming home!

.....Too ambitious???

[edit on 10-5-2010 by Rising Against]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
8-0? What happened? I don't follow the EPL but I wouldn't expect United to get drubbed like that. Especially by Chelski.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by nastalgik

It was Chelsea 8 and Wigan athletic 0

...Not Manchester United, they were playing Stoke city who they beat 4 -0

Also in regards to the chelsea match basically Wigan had a player sent off (stupidly i may add) in a game that chelsea were increbidly up for as the title rested on it and then Wigan finally just completely fell apart as goals piled in.

[edit on 10-5-2010 by Rising Against]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
With debts approaching 1 billion, I very much doubt that man u(re) can compete with city and chelsea for much longer.

The glazers won't sell - they'll stay in charge and bleed the club of every penny they can get.

the club can just about service their existing debt - which has come not only from the purchase, but by throwing money around on dross like berbatov, veron etc

Unless the "red knights" can come to the rescue, the future is bleak - the club has been built on quicksand, and the whole debt structure could quite easily come crashing down soon, then the glazers will walk away from the ruins with suitcases stuffed full of cash.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join