It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China: NK's Kim Reaffirms Nuke Disarmament Talks - This is what he's been doing in China?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   

BEIJING (AP) — North Korean leader Kim Jong Il left China Friday after a secretive five-day visit that produced an affirmation of long-delayed nuclear disarmament talks but no firm dateline for rejoining that process.

Kim's armored train crossed the border back into North Korea midmorning after leaving Beijing Thursday following talks with Chinese leaders that touched on the six-nation denuclearization talks stalled since December 2008.

"Kim said that the DPRK will work with China to create favorable conditions for restarting the six-party talks," the Xinhua News Agency said in a report on his meeting with Chinese President Hu Jintao.

USA Today

Well, now we know why he was there. Rather clever, torpedo one of SK's ships. Then head to China and agree to disarm your nukes.

Fictional Depiction: "What?? No NK is all about bringing peace to the World, why we would ever think about torpedoing one of your ships, I am insulted. In fact I just got back from China and I was discussing how I want to be on board with disarming nukes, in NK we're a peaceful bunch" said Kim.

At least that's what I make of this news.

[edit on 5/7/2010 by UberL33t]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I think it was the 50,000 NK troops to the border thread where someone mentioned that Kim was in China seeking permission to invade SK. Maybe he was, and they said "Ummm NO!". So to save face they let this story be his fallback. Plausible PTB spin on the real reason he was there IMO.

new topics

join