It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People cheat death 5 times in a lifetime.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Umm, i got in a car accident in my 12th birthday lol.

Parents said i had trouble breathing after birth but havn't confirmed that one yet.

Almost choked on a Dorito chip lol.

Umm, i wish we were all cats because they have 9 lives.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   
countless times being pulled out from being run over, broke my neck playing sports when i was 14 and also being shot by a friend while hunting, also another time when i shot a target and it bounced back and missed my head by about 3", and i think i've choked about 4 times :p

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Scarlet Fever at 15, on deaths door by the time I got to hospital. Packed in ice for 4 days.

4 months after Scarlet Fever, Mono, huge swollen spleen.

A few years later Multiple Sclerosis. Now I figure I cheat death every day that I manage not to fall down the stairs!!

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
car crash in 2002 died 3 times, lost half my leg! does that count?

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Lemurian

i think it does!

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

five times,huh?

that sounds about right..

many a narrow escape..

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Cool thread, lets see.

Born 3 months premature and lived in an incubator for a long time afterward.
Car accident, I should have gone through the windshield but got pinned between the drivers seat and window as car was spinning.
Almost drowned, me and a buddy were pulled out by life guards, almost like Baywatch, funny but embarrassing.
Fell roughly 2 stories into a cement cellar stairway, barely a scratch.

Uh oh I better watch out, if the op is right than I've only got one more to go.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Anyone here..NEVER been in a car accident?

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox

Yes, until yesterday

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I've narrowly missed a few really bad auto accidents. I've been as close as maybe 20 feet from a powerful lightning strike that hit a nearby tree.

Not exactly a close call, but my parents and I took a trip with a little charter company that had only four planes in their fleet. About two years after we flew with them, one of their four planes crashed and all on board were killed, so there's a 1/4 chance the plane I flew on was that plane.

[edit on 5/9/2010 by LifeInDeath]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
My NDE

Was drinking with mates and catching train into city, train driver let us ride up front with him for a few beers
. We were going to the toilet out the side doors as train was moving, as I was relieving my self the train went around a bend and I almost fell out, only my friend who had a grip on my shirt saved me from certain death. Had a few more drinks and forgot about it till now.

Been held up at knife point by a junkie, been in a car crash and saved by airbag, saved a boy in Greece getting electrocuted, I had to pull him off a live wire and I got a bad shock but none of these come close to my train experience. Wow 5 times might be conservative as im only 27

It’s the times where we have been close to death and not even known it that creeps me out a bit, but we obviously will never know about them.

Cool thread man and good read

[edit on 10-5-2010 by deenuu]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
It is said if a human did not die from old age or diseases they could only live an average of 900 years because the law of averages will catch up to them.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Me, never been in a car accident. Never broken any bones either thankfully

- Phoenix

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
let's see..
born premature ( betwen 22 and 26 weeks)
fell into a pool when i was about a year old ( friend jumped in and saved me)
almost ran over by stupid drivers at crosswalks ( more times than i care to count)
almost fell on a broken tree limb while in some woods that would have impaled me
complications during childbirth

no car crashes yet ( maybe because i spent a majority of my life using my feet or bike to get around)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

I thought this was a fun and interesting article. The study was small, I would like to see what the results are if a larger population was sampled. But it is a tribute to some of the survival mechanisms in humans. With all the death and destruction we see on the news, it is easy to think that we are ill-destined. But the fact is, that we are surivors much more then we give ourselves credit for.

The average Brit will narrowly dodge death five times during their lifetime, a new mortality report has revealed.
Common close encounters include being involved in a potentially fatal car crash - something that will happen to 40 percent of us - and surviving a high voltage electric shock (32%).

Other escapes include almost getting struck by lightning (36%) or living through a serious natural disaster including high impact earthquakes or raging floods (29%).

The study of over 1,000 people also found 23 percent of people think they owe their lives to others normally because they have been pulled back from stepping out in front of a bus

So are you aware of any situations that you may have "cheated" death?

article

1.Farming accident
2.Car accident
3 Stabbing
4.Smoke inhalation

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I heard from my mom when I was just born the doctor almost dropped me.

When I was 10 years old. Went to my brother's hockey tornament out in Jasper. About 30 of us went out for a ice walk through the canyon. We were about 100+ feet above the ground, we had no safety gear or any ice cleets. I remember hearing one of the people saying not to get too close to the edge. Just right before it happened. I slipped on some ice, and off I slid. In that area of where I slid. There is a pre existing chain link fence with a 2 foot gap. I didn't think of anything, there was a calming feeling that I had when i was sliding down towards the very edge. My body can't move, I wanted to yell but I couldn't make a whisper. It was when that one person saved my life, I felt his hand grab my jacket and pulled me back to safety. He risked his life as well. I was thinking of what the odds of surviving if I did fall. If I did fall and survive I would've had to manage some serious permanent damage.

When I was 14 or 15 I was on a family vacation, we went to my cousins cabin at Loon Lake, Saskatchewan. The cabin is on a native reserve. Anyway at 6:30p.m it was my brother, his friend, myself, and my 3 other cousins went for a walk. All of us went out to get some ice cream. Our parents went for a walk a different way. So we got some soft ice cream. At 7:00p.m I saw a dodge neon filled with 5 natives that jumped out, and 2 other cars stuffed with 5 natives in each one jumped out. So there was 15 of the natives were walking towards us. The 3 of my cousins ran away, got intimidated by the shear numbers of natives that were coming toward us. I ended up having the exact same calm feeling from the icy canyon incident, my body couldn't move, couldn't talk. All I could do was watch them march toward us. When they were 50 feet away, my parents and my cousins parents finally came around the corner and the 10 of us all huddled together turned away the 15 natives. Later on during the night I was shaking and balling, couldn't sleep over the fear that I could've died. After that, I never went back to Loon Lake ever again. My parents tried to force me to visit my cousins at Loon Lake the year after. I refused and managed to get away with it. So I got the house to myself for a week, waaaaaaaaay better. lol

edit on 13-1-2012 by Shrukin89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
No serious accidents, but a few close calls:

-Appendix rupture (went 3 days like a fool)
-Stepped onto one-way street looking the wrong way - near miss!
-Was ran over by my cousin on a riding lawnmower - (blade was turned off thankfully)
-Drove intoxicated on a "silly" substance i can't mention here (pulled onto highway without looking, went to jail)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Plane Crash on 4-1-2001
Almost walked into a airplane propeller
Almost got stuck in a canoe in Tampa Bay during a hell of a storm
Last year my car almost got flipped by a tornado into some gas pumps here in Lakeland Fl

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Tried to conquer nature once in one of my solo trips out bush. Ended up with heat exhaustion, miles from anywhere. Dumped all my gear and accepted I might die and asked my spirit guides to send someone to help me. Came across a nice bloke all by himself an hour later who helped me get back to civilization.

A few months after I started driving trucks, I picked the wrong gear going down a hill and cooked the brakes. Life flashed before my eyes. Has to follow the "race line" around a blind corner to avoid going off a cliff. Lucky nobody was coming the other way.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I was in a care accident as a baby of about 6 months. My dad drove his new truck off a the road, my little baby carrier (car seats hadnt really been invented yet) crashed through the windshield. Truck was totaled, my mom and dad were pretty banged up.. I was perfectly fine tangled up in some bushes.

At 10 years of age I was involved in a "Rock Fight" and lost. Got hit in the temple and passed out, the kids carried / dragged me half a mile home. I woke up 7 days later out of a coma wondering were all my hair went and why I have a huge scar and 87 stitches in my head!!!!!

In my twenties I was at an air show and a plane crashed into the run way 200 ft from where we were sitting on the grass. Our ice chest was melted and our umbrella was singed.

On a flight from New York to Amsterdam my plane experienced troubles and went in to some sort of freaky spin and started falling straight down out of the sky. All the over head luggage fell out of its compartments people were screaming, I knew that I was going to die but some how the pilot righted the plane and we flew back to New York and then had a total of 13 hour delay were we couldnt leave the plane.....grrrrrrrrrrrrr

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join