It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vladimir Putin snubs Britain and US over VE Day celebrations

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Vladimir Putin snubs Britain and US over VE Day celebrations

www.guardian.co.uk

Vladimir Putin has snubbed both the Prince of Wales and the US vice-president, Joe Biden, by refusing to allow them to attend a parade in Red Square marking the 65th anniversary of the end of the second world war.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
USA gets punked again by someone they thought they had diplomatic companionship with. We already know how the US has been punked by Iran, N. Korea, & China.

POTUS is a laughing stock of the entire globe. No one takes him or his administration seriously. This latest snub just goes to show you what Obama thinks are his allies are nothing more than oppurtunists looking to get even with America while a paper Tiger is in charge.

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Thumbs up for putin if this is true.

Russia was a major factor winning ww2, but hollywood would tell you otherwise wouldn't they?

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by prionace glauca

Well not just the US and the Prince of Wales BUT maybe Stalin as well.

While he and his band of merrymen are up there celebrating ask them what they think of Stalin!

Stalin’s Ghost Haunts Russia’s Moment of Glory And before we all hear about how The Soviets won WWII all by themselves....

Too late.

[edit on 7-5-2010 by SLAYER69]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by prionace glauca

Well not just the US and the Prince of Wales BUT maybe Stalin as well.

While he and his band of merrymen are up there celebrating ask them what they think of Stalin!

Stalin’s Ghost Haunts Russia’s Moment of Glory And before we all hear about how The Soviets won WWII all by themselves....

Too late.

[edit on 7-5-2010 by SLAYER69]

yea thanks to the Russians WWII was won,

But anywho, I am more intrigued about the punking the US administration is getting now a days from countries Obama thinks he has doing the fist punch with.

[edit on 7-5-2010 by prionace glauca]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
Thumbs up for putin if this is true.

Russia was a major factor winning ww2, but hollywood would tell you otherwise wouldn't they?

Russia was also a main contributing factor to having a world war to begin with.

Molotov-Von Ribbentrop Pact

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I personally find it funny we only sent the Vice-President anyway. Russia's sacrifice isn't important enough I guess. America doesn't have any friends its true but neither does anyone else. Nations have interests, not friends.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Weekly standard kind of captured the view the other countries have of our current administration...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/af77299f3ebd.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I'm a little confused. How are the U.S. and Great Britain being completely snubbed if their troops are actually participating in the ceremonies?
en.rian.ru...

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by killuminati2012

The troops have more respect than the Current Administration.

Line 2

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   

70% of German casualties were on the Eastern front against Russia. Not only that, but the Battle of Stalingrad was a major turning point of the war. I think it's safe to say that Russia contributed greatly to the Nazi's defeat, but god forbid the West not get all of the credit.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by killuminati2012

70% of German casualties were on the Eastern front against Russia. Not only that, but the Battle of Stalingrad was a major turning point of the war. I think it's safe to say that Russia contributed greatly to the Nazi's defeat, but god forbid the West not get all of the credit.

Maybe they were running toward your direction away from the western fronts.

All factions had a hand in it, and all were important for the outcome. Not just one entity alone.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Personally I careless what foreigners think of the President and even less of my country. Because no matter who they are when they want to talk to someone they have to talk to the President of the United States even if they don't want too or beware the consequences. All this does for me is reinforce why foreigners are so uncomfortable with America. We control the worlds destiny. It just highlights there fear, envy of America.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Im sure Hussain Obama cant wait to celebrate Ramadan or something too.. Then he wont have to act anymore
.... Maybe Putin knows and is pissed that obama has bro's in chechnya......

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Old Putin. He's a barrel of laughs, that bloke. He loves a bit of assassination.

Re: WW2, I blame Roosevelt for handing E.Europe to Stalin. A big DOH! Churchill and Patton wanted to bomb them. Saying that, the Russian people are a fine people, a very cultured people. Shame they are ruled by despots. Bit like us really.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by killuminati2012

They also took the most casualties.

I think this is a case of, "If you don't think our contribution to the largest event of the 20th century doesn't warrant a head of state, screw you."

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Yeah but they brought it on themselves and the rest of the world.

People responsible for WWII

#1 Adolf Hitler
#2 Joseph Stalin
#3 Benito Mussiolini
#4 Hideki Tojo

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
If you read the article it states why they were not invited..

Briton: Apparently in a sign of his continuing annoyance with the UK over its failure to extradite Boris Berezovsky, the Kremlin critic and former oligarch, to Russia.

U.S.A.: Biden is close to Mikheil Saakashvili, Georgia's president. During the 2008 Russian-Georgia war Putin famously threatened Saakashvili, pledging to "hang him by the balls".

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Thats it! Time to bring Georgia into NATO and supply the Chechen's with arms. Gotta put'em back in their place. They've been getting kinda uppity lately.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
When you want to put Pooty Poot in his place

all you need do is remind him of Lend Lease

I've caused near-riot several times in that notorious Russian forum, by copying and pasting all that Russia received from its supposed allies

Of course, you need twelve or more full posts to include all the largesse gifted to Russia !

And the Russian denials would stretch from here to St.Petersburg

Ungrateful slobs

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join