It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistanis pose as Indians after NY bomb scare

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Pakistanis pose as Indians after NY bomb scare

news.yahoo.com

Pakistani merchants and job seekers in the United States, still reeling from economic hardship since the Sept. 11 attacks of 2001, are posing as Indians to avoid discrimination in the wake of the Times Square bomb attempt.

Once again, a man of Pakistani descent is at the center of a security story, leading to backlash against the Pakistani-American community.

In Washington, an American man of Pakistani descent told of coming under suspicion this week when he tried to buy garden fertilizer
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   

"A lot of Pakistanis can't get jobs after 9/11 and now it's even worse," said Asghar Choudhri, an accountant and chairman of Brooklyn's Pakistani American Merchant Association. "They are now pretending they are Indian so they can get a job."

That's so crazy, pretending to be the people whom you hate.
Yes that is a generalization. I agree, but I do happen to know personally how much hatred there is. It is HUGE!
Part of what candidates get elected for in Pakistan is their hatred against India.
India has a reptuation of not doing the same in return.

However even in India many hate pakistanis and the hate runs deep.

By saying this i'm just highlighting the magnitude of the choice they decided to make.

Soon you'll have "right wing extremists" pretending to be democrats

Life is crazy, that's my point
thx

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Sad but true.

Sad that a tolerant society can be so banal

True that some are just ass-hats.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
These are desperate measures from desperate people. A friend of mine's dad had to legally remove Mohammad from his name because he couldn't get a job for years. As soon as he got rid of the name he got a job at Intel.

Sadly, 'equal opportunity employer' motto is not really followed in real life by lot of companies. First hand experience has shown me that.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I once worked for a Dr. from Pakistan, who is married to a neice of Ossama.

Anyway, he had to go back to Pakistan one time to take care of his ill mother, and he told one of his patients and wife that he would have to push their next visit out a bit. They told him to have a nice trip to Israel!
The Dr. just smiled and walked away!

This was a couple of years ago, and I found it really odd that he did not correct these people and say he was from Pakistan.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I have met and worked with quite a few pakistanis as I am of Indian decent. Never have I felt any annymosity from them. Most pakistanis that still spew hatered are the new comers from pakistan or individuals who have never been a in a multidiverse environment. It goes for Indians also.

I have no problems with pakistanis passing themselves off as Indians, its not like you can tell us apart anyway. I get confused for a Latino all the time or Italian.

[edit on 7-5-2010 by prionace glauca]

new topics

top topics

join