It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

will they ever sacrifice Prince Harry?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 04:03 AM
link   
In all good taste, and whatever Prince Harry's connections are, and regardless of the actual existence of Al Qaeda, he's still serving it up and those of us without prior official military should sit down. Unless someone thinks the war is an orchestrated one by the PTB which is kept going to fund military corporations, that is.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Indeed...

Honestly I think royalty is the biggest joke ever I don't even get how they made it this far and not all ended up in line to the guillotine... I do believe some people are born leaders and some prefer to follow...

But as far as this goes it has nothing to do with your bloodline or who your parents are... let alone cover yourself with jewels and gold looking like an expensive disco ball...

I think the way native people chosed their leader was way ahead of any of this royality bs... They chosed the fittest hunter/warrior to be the chief and the chief was under the counsil of elders which were the oldest people of the tribe... usually at this age they were past being greedy and selfish so their guidance was wise.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
The good thing about a constitutional monarchy is that while the monarch doesn't really have any practical power, it prevents anybody else from getting absolute power. We've had a small taste of what it means when someone has (nearly) absolute power in the last presidency. Can you imagine what someone intelligent or even consciously evil, (as opposed to merely childishly petulant) could have done with the powers of the presidency after 9/11?

If Churchill had died in the Boer War and therefore not been there to take the reins in WW2, and the government of the time had said "We surrender", the King could have said, "No, we don't." And in that case the people would probably have been behind him. However, this is a last resort measure, and if the people were not behind a monarch that did that, it would probably mean the end of the monarchy. Betty Windsor has never, as far as we know, told the PM no. She's saving her powder, hoping that she never has to use it. But it is there. The last safeguard.

<< 1  2   >>

join