It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

will they ever sacrifice Prince Harry?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
So i read that price Harry of Wales is going back to Afghanistan, this time he will fly an attack helicopter. however this is not the part that worries me.

what if the taliban or al qaeda somehow capture the prince?

what if they execute him and spread the video?

this is like one of the worst things that can ever happen, anything is possible.

how will you react on watching a prince beheaded by masked men?

it could be a staged plan to sacrifice the prince.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
That is a lot of 'ifs'

I doubt he would be missed that much tho

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
How would I react? In the exact same way I would react if any other person were captured and beheaded... The prince (IMO) is not above any other man or woman fighting in this war... Why is this even a question?

ETA:
Perhaps one should be asking why one would find the idea of P. Harry going to Afghanistan that much more outrageous than any other? One man's life is worth more than another, apparently. Now that, I do find outrageous.

[edit on 7-5-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
What if anyone actually gives a crap?

Sorry, I appreciate the fact that Harry is in the army but lets face it, our lives are in far more danger than his.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
He will never be anywhere near any combat and surrounded by a small army as his bodyguard at all times. Nothing will ever happen to him unless the queen decided to bump him off.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
He is doing his duty and this wil make him a better future King.
The royal family has always pitched in , during battle.
He wont get captured though, and yet if he did, he would die with dignity,singing "There will always be an England", and" Rule Brittania" whilst the irate enemy stick sticks of dynamite in his mouth.
He will go out with the biggest bang for the empire.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by RizeorDie

it could be a staged plan to sacrifice the prince.

He was already there, once before. There was also a media (agreement) not to report that he was there (until a blogger let the info. out)... So, if there was a plan to take him out, why not do it the first time?

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
The Prince signed up for the armed forces, and should be given exactly the same treatment as any other serving officer.

Andrew went to the Falklands, Charles served on the Ark Royal and other vessels.

William and Harry are both in the armed forces through their own choice - they have received training at the taxpayers' expense, and as such, need to be deployed whenever and wherever their respective units are deployed, regardless of their situation as Royals.

If harm comes to them, then maybe it's time for the British Military to start asking itself questions about eligibility of Royal Family members to serve.

Until then, treat them EXACTLY the same as everyone else.

The official title of William is Flight Lieutenant Wales, and of Harry would be Lieutenant Wales.

[edit on 7-5-2010 by babybunnies]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Johnze

Actually, in the field he is treated as a normal soldier.

His movements and orders are not reported in the media as a part of the current D-Notice applied with regard to British Forces positioning.

He was in Afghanistan previously as a forward air controller. FAC's aren't hidden away, and neither are assault helicopter pilots.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by RizeorDie

Actually, I think you'll find that he has just been accepted to train on British Army Apache helicopters.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
thanks fo all you're thoughts and replies.

while i do think that prince harry is no different than any other soldier, the response of his capture and death will be very different. there will be an outrage especially in the UK. the event will be covered on every news channel in the world, while you may see people crying and anti islamic protests in some countries, others you'll have people cheering with photoshopped images of price harry.

so while it is true that there isnt any difference between harry and other service men, his death will bring a different reaction and that i'm sure of.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

Actually, in the field he is treated as a normal soldier.

LOL

Cheers for that.

so while it is true that there isnt any difference between harry and other service men

Lol what?

[edit on 7-5-2010 by Johnze]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
what if topic writer has a grudge over prince harry? can we gossip about that?

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Personally I commend P. Harry for going into the war zone when
clearly he does not have to and could be living the "good life' instead.
I'm not British but if I were, I'd be a touch proud of him as I am with all
who chose to serve.

Maybe the lineage should skip both Charles AND William and give
it to Harry.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Good on him for serving his country, even if I don't agree with the reasons that we are fighting there.

If he was killed then yes, I can see it causing utter uproar. I mean, we're still subjected to various Princess Di documentaries years after the fact, so I don't think this will be much different.

It would be helpful though if we weren't told this at all. Although I do concede that he is no different from any other soldier (royalty aside, I mean in the area of simply being a human being), his deployments shouldn't be in any news broadcasts whatsoever. Not only does it put his life at risk, it also severely risks the lives of his squadmates. That would not be his fault, but the fault of whoever leaks the information.

Seriously though, it must take some guts to go to a warzone knowing how high up in royalty you are. It just shows me how much these princes want to live normal lives.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by RizeorDie
this is like one of the worst things that can ever happen, anything is possible.

Indeed, but that has nothing to do with his so-called royal blood.

Originally posted by LadySkadi
Why is this even a question?

Because we know the rest of his country and a whole lot of people all over the world don't see it that way.

Don't shoot the messenger; this is obviously worth discussing. It is a possibility, regardless of the amount of "ifs".

Do I think it could happen? Let me put it this way - if it did, the first thing I would think of would be that it was a set up, "false flag" chess move in the great big game that the warpigs play.

I doubt very much that any of that will happen though. More than likely he will just kill a bunch of children who's faces he'll never have to see by pressing a red button from a long ways away.

I digress...

It's simple to think about what kind of effect this would have on the general population's opinion of the war, and just as easy to imagine how the government(s) would exploit their emotions. They'd have everyone screaming for nukes, or maybe just torture.

Imagine the world we'd live in today if something had happened to The King.

[edit - typos]

[edit on 5/7/2010 by Teratoma]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Thanks for wasting my time with this nonsense. The grasping at straws on this site has become ridiculous.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Busta_Nizut

How is it nonsense? The war is real. He's learning how to fly attack helicopters. Attacks, by definition, happen over enemy territory. Helicopters can be shot down. It could happen, though it would read more like Shakespearean fiction if it did.

And there's nothing wrong with speculating about what the leaders of the Western world would be able to get away with in their retaliation. A lot of the discussion on ATS is of this nature, and it always has been.

"if you disagree with the idea of supporting highly-speculative ideas as a means to test the upper boundaries of our imagination, then quite frankly, ATS is not for you." - Mark "Springer" Allin (Site Owner)

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
No kidding the war is real pal, i been there have you? What does that have to do with this nonsense about price harry?

[edit on 7-5-2010 by Busta_Nizut]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Busta_Nizut
No kidding the war is real pal, i been there have you? What does that have to do with this nonsense about price harry?

[edit on 7-5-2010 by Busta_Nizut]

Gee, did it make you punchy? Sorry if you read it that way, but it wasn't a personal attack.

That being said, I don't give a damn where you've been. If you can't see what this has to do with "nonsense about Prince Harry" then read the thread again. It's rather obvious you didn't come here to participate in the discussion though so I'm letting you know that if I post on this thread again it will be ON TOPIC. So go ahead and get your last word. It's all yours, "pal".

[edit on 5/7/2010 by Teratoma]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join