It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Az. Deputies arrest 24 in I.D. theft case

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Text

I put this in political because of the political implications of illegal immigrants.

This is a perfect example of how the new law, S.B. 1070, will work.

www.azcentral.com...

The Sheriff's Dept. got an I.D. theft tip on their immigration hotline, investigated it for 6 months, then went in to make arrests for I.D. theft. As a result, they also made arrests for some of the workers being illegal immigrants. These two issues go hand in hand. They always have and they always will and everybody down here knows it.

But note that the initial reason they went there was I.D. theft. That area of town is HEAVILY hispanic. If the Sheriff's office wanted to racially profile, they could have easily done that without a tip. They know where the Mexicans are.

A quote from a wife of one of the workers arrested say ALOT about the mentality of mexicans in general when it comes to this issue." He's here to work, not to steal".

Apperently, stealing someone's IDENTITY isn't theft to these people.

Maybe it's because they have no real identity of their own that they can connect to. Or maybe it's because the non-mexican person that they stole the identity from doesn't matter to them, as long as they can get what they want from it. Or maybe they KNOW it's theft and don't give a rats a##.

I'm gonna wait and see how many anti illegal immigration bill people latch onto to this and try to explain it away. I hope there's alot. I could use a good laugh today.

Peace

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I can guarantee you that CNN, MSNBC, Cohorts, & White House will find a way to spin this.

One spin could be," They hated bush, they lost their home to foreclosure, they are single parents stuggling to make ends meet". Wait already used that one on the time square bomber. I don't know what the rules are about re-using spin.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

This statement of yours, (That area of town is HEAVILY Hispanic. If the Sheriff's office wanted to racially profile, they could have easily done that without a tip. They know where the Mexicans are.)

That area is 48th Avenue and Van Buren Street. You are So Very Correct.
If there was anything Racial about our new law, You could spend all day in that area of Phoenix and fill 5 buses with illegals. Then just between 19th ave and 35 ave around Broadway rd. I don't think you can find an English speaking person in a 9 mile radius, I can tell you for a fact ( because I had to stop and ask directions) the burger king on the corner of 19th and Broadway, no one who worked there spoke English 2 weeks ago.

This wife's statement to the reporter, "They're just here to work," Yup, But Not Legally! She, yelled at the sheriff, calling him a coward. That was for taking her illegal husband away.
JUST BREAKS MY HEART! HUM, NO IT DOES NOT! Go The Hell Back To Mexico!

[edit on 7-5-2010 by guohua]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Good job Arizona!! I have heard of people who have had their identities stolen and all the trouble it caused them. That is one thing that pro illegal immigration people don't seem to care about. If it happened to them however, I bet it would be a different story.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
This is the point I'm trying to make! It took real work just to get my green card while scum bags who ruin people get to waltz right on in and when America wants to do something about it, we are all edging on racist.

Nosotros somos Americanos, no somos una extensión de Mexico.

Translation:

We're Americans, not an extension of Mexico.

[edit on 7-5-2010 by projectvxn]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Interestingly, the article did not say anything about the business owner, who hired all these people using other peoples identification.

Why should only the illegals be made an example of?

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

I noticed that too. The business owners should be in jail along with the people with stolen identities.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Indeed, the person that hired them should also have their business investigated and fined heavily. Unless of course the violations are severe, in which case revoke the business license and lock up the owners as well.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

Thanx for the B.K. tip. I haven't been down that way in a few years, but I'm sure you're right.

Now that I think about, since we, and other people like us, know about these sections of town, what's stopping US from calling the tip line?

www.mcso.org...

We're not "racially profiling", we're using our knowlege of valley demographics to stop crime.

Peace

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Good point

Check that business out and then go down the line to all the other businesses that they do business with.

Peace

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Hmmmm, looks like there will be some job openings. If they keep catching these thieves there will be even more jobs for Arizona citizens.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star
Good job Arizona!! I have heard of people who have had their identities stolen and all the trouble it caused them. That is one thing that pro illegal immigration people don't seem to care about. If it happened to them however, I bet it would be a different story.

Again you have hit the nail on the head. Night Star.

Identity thief, is a very large problem here in Arizona. Especially for our elderly leaving in Sun City,( 55 yrs old only an a hospital on every corner ) The area of Phoenix, We call Gods Waiting Room.
Anyway, a couple of friends of mine that retired there said they have a real problem with person or persons going through their trash cans.
He said most of the people he knows now have shredders in their homes.
Everything is shredded first.
That's sad to be in that age group ( I am ) work all your life to be able to drive your Golf cart, Cadillac or your Buick to your bank for a loan and find out your credit is ruined. Because someone needed your SSN# worse than you did and they wanted to buy things on credit with your great credit score. Of-course they had no intentions of ever paying for anything, much like their hospital bills and how about that anchor baby hospital bill? who's paying for that?

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taupin Desciple
reply to post by guohua

Thanx for the B.K. tip. I haven't been down that way in a few years, but I'm sure you're right.

Now that I think about, since we, and other people like us, know about these sections of town, what's stopping US from calling the tip line?

www.mcso.org...

We're not "racially profiling", we're using our knowlege of valley demographics to stop crime.

Peace

Hello my friend.
I called and complained about the apparent lack of any Legal English speaking persons present.
I also called the Department of Health, The bathroom was so nasty, with soiled toilet paper in the trashcan, sink and on the floor, I couldn't take a wizz. Just, Nasty, Nasty, Nasty.

top topics

join