It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prescription Tattoos: Coming to a Pharmacy Near You

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I just read about prescription tattoos and to be honest, it somehow shocked me.

I don't get easily shocked by the way. I've already seen a lot of unimaginable things and the news isn't making it difficult to see horrific sceneries .

Don't get me wrong here. I think this could be a great technology and people can be protected or even saved by it.

Clark's medical tattoo isn't a true tattoo. A typical tattoo involves repeatedly sticking a patient with a solid needle that penetrates deep into the skin to permanently stain the tissue with dark colors. Clark's prototype medical tattoo, on the other hand, would use a single stick from a hollow needle to stain the first few layers of skin yellowish orange for about a week.

Doesn't sound like a bad thing does it ?

However the following part just bothered me in a way.

"Prior work has shown that some implantable medical devices use wireless protocols that are vulnerable to attacks," said Stuart Schechter of Microsoft Research, who recently wrote a paper detailing how tattoos could stop hackers from altering pacemakers and other implanted devices. Unlike Clark's yellowish orange tattoo, Schechter's tattoo would be invisible to the human eye; only ultraviolet light could detect it.

Like if a tattoo can stop hackers. You can bet on it that some people can acces the tattoo anyway for all kinds of per-posses.

They are also talking about nano-technology. It always give me the creeps.
Some sort of artificial buggers that are programmed to do a job and small enough to get by any known protection tool or device.

Visit this link to read the full article. Prescription Tattoos: Coming to a Pharmacy Near You

I'm also raised Christian however no Christian would consider me Christian anymore.
The whole idea of getting an identifiable tattoo just freaks me out.

Don't know if it would ever go away or maybe it is a fear of things to come.

I just wanted to share this because it's a great new technology but it freaks me out nonetheless.
I like to hear what others feel about it.

So please feel free to share your thoughts.

Take care.

~ SK

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Hmmm, interesting. Nano's being injected with the medical part of the tattoo.
I had no idea that hackers were breaking into pacemakers. That would be akin to assault and battery, or even murder.
Me, I'll die before getting a tattoo.
S&F

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Perhaps I have been dumbed down because I can't for the life of me figure out why someone would want to hack into a pace-maker???

Is this what future assassins are going to do? Simply "hack" into us and either stop a medical device or in the case of this "prescription" make us overdose or something?

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Reply to Post of Violator1

And

Reply to Post of Ipowel0627

I really don't know why a hacker would do such a thing ?
However people do worse things. There seems to be a lot of speculation about. I keep see it come by.

My steph father is getting a pacemaker specially designed to immobilize a nerve. One of the possibilities is one that on the outside of the body and can actually be controlled.

A hacker could ask for ransom or just for the fun of it.
I'm more concerned what it could be used for in the police state we are progressing in to.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Wow..... Good find OP

I have seen with my own eyes the perverse pleasure some people can have by intentionally "playing" with someones pacemaker....

In Northern Ireland and in Afganistan, British troops use ECM (electronic counter measures) equiptment that sends out a signal to stop bombs from being detonated... One piece of that hardware (no names) affects pacemakers, makes lighbulbs explode, interferes with comms and computers etc....
I remember being on a VCP (vehicle check point) in NI.... The guy we stopped was a known player (PIRA) who had a pacemaker fitted... The guy who had that particular piece of ECM was in a cut off position and saw who it was.. He then proceeded to poit the antenna in his direction.. The guy started to grasp his chest.. I saw what was going on and ran to my guy and gave him corective therapy... He was discaplined... But that is not isolated... Many of the security services have this equiptment and know full well what it can do... Its sick imo that this has not been sorted out... But you know TPTB... They do not give a crap...

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Yissachar1

With tptb we can expact the worst or nothing at all. Who knows ?

This situation, was it between your own people ? Cause that would make it even worse.

I've never been in the military and I can't even understand why people would do such cruel things but among allied forces ? That really sickens me.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Don't fall for it. It's RFID chips. Has nothing to do with anything medical. This is gonna have all your information and crap written all in it.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

It was bored soldiers on patrol.... Bored troops are the most dangerous people on earth... Definitely no excuse.... Not just troops either... Police have the same equiptment in some circumstances...

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Shrukin89

Dude ! For God sake !

Please ad the part where you are talking about.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
IF someone wanted to kill somebody they could simply inject them with something or poison them. Don't see why they would need to go to so much effort.

Interesting concept, injectable medications.

Not original though, people already have pain pumps. Haven't heard of too many problems with those.

The time release tattoo would prevent a lot of overdoses.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Yissachar1

I understand how someone could cross the line under stress and boredom.

Then again, people should know better.

But it's probably a utopia. Well... I can still have hope right.

About the hackers.

They say in the article that technology should by protected by a password and stuff.
I guess that would rule out any equipment to be used as a death ray.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

They are thinking more about a monitoring system at this point for diabetes patients and so on.
This technique could have really big implications for the future of course.
I'm really not comfortable with the idea any identifying tech. placed in or on my body tho.

Who said something about killing people. When your dead they can't make any money on you.

new topics

top topics

join