It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bankers Laughing All the Way to the Bank (Audit the Fed)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Bankers Laughing All the Way to the Bank (Audit the Fed)

www.infowars.com

The ‘Audit the Fed’ bill has been watered down by Senator Bernard Sanders right at the last minute (a common strategy: pretend to be a populist, then at the last minute, the politician “gives in” in the spirit of compromise). The Audit the Fed bill could go to vote in the Senate any day now.

Obama opposed the bill, until the rewrite. One can only imagine what type of pressure his administration applied to the Senate.

Bernanke opposed the bill, and even said that an audit of the Fed’s
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Obama administration now supports Fed audit

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
This truly is a shame but not surprising at all. Did we really think that they could be defeated so easily? Unfortunately, the usual suspects will tout their achievement as a victory for the American people and it will get passed off as if they were actually working for the people, in opposition to the Bank.

It is more clear than ever, the great American experiment has been completely hijacked and there is absolutely no way that we could ever win our Republic back through political means. I'm not calling for violence but rather, we need to come up with a brilliant strategy, something extremely unique, to pry the bankers away from our wallets and our freedom. The American public just simply does not care and we are unwilling to act. This really is so sad that we are watching our freedoms, liberty and economy go down the drain, why the bankers are laughing all the way to the bank.

--airspoon

www.infowars.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 7-5-2010 by airspoon]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I already made a topic on this here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Second line

Yeah it is a shame... especially since we won't get to learn about how the fed operates in practice (not just in theory).

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by airspoon

The American public just simply does not care and we are unwilling to act. This really is so sad that we are watching our freedoms, liberty and economy go down the drain, why the bankers are laughing all the way to the bank.

It is very sad. I am not sure the American public does not care. I think it is more of a "what can I possibly do" mentality. For example, if Ron Paul himself, can not get more accomplished than he has, what is it that Joe Blow is going to be able to do. Ron talks about how powerful TPTB are in this video.

Honestly, I would love to do something about it, I just don't know what I could do that would actually make a difference. And I am someone who has been trying to figure out a way that I can make change for some time now. I don't know if that makes it seem more hopeless for those like me, or less. I can imagine there are plenty of others who feel similar.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by idontKNOWanything

thats what we get for sitting alone in our big houses. There is no collective, just lonely scared people.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

I saw your post, and evev refrenced it, though this is a little different. This news is about the bill being changed, not so much about Obama now supporting it. Anyhow, i do agree with you, this stinks.

--airspoon

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

top topics

join