It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Four Blocks in NYC's Times Square Closed Off as Police Investigate Suspicious Package

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Four Blocks in NYC

www.foxnews.com

Its breaking news and all there is,is a link to video coverage on Foxnews.com.
No article available yet.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 7-5-2010 by Black_Fox]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Here we go again.
Things seem to be picking up lately.
Not sure what to think.
Possibly real,possible fear mongering,possible conditioning.
Should be interesting to see where this one leads.
The package seems to located near where the last one was put.
Located in Times Square.
Hopefully its nothing and nothing bad comes from all this.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Oops nevermind, the other thread isn't in breaking news, so yours can stay
sorry

[edit on 5-7-2010 by worldwatcher]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Times Square has been evacuated after a suspicious package was found near 45th street, a New York Police Department official said.

The package was found near 45th Street and Broadway, officials said. news.blogs.cnn.com...

Apparently they are checking out an abandoned cooler.

Argh, if this is going to be the threshold for shutting down areas of the city its going to become an ongoing nightmare.

They sure are ramping up the fear, truth is if they're going to be closing areas of the city each time they find refuse how the hell is a city to function?

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Seems like yet another staged incident to try to distract from the total fubar situation in the gulf to me.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Black_Fox

You're quick.... i just saw this on skynews!!

I wonder what will be the outcome this time...

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
God i get bored of this SH1T. Another non-story.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Per CNN: The all clear has been given. The cooler contained water bottles.

Good Grief.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Avamarguy

news.yahoo.com...
Here's a news story for clarification. (wrong link sorry had to edit)

People really need to take a Quaalude or something.

[edit on 7-5-2010 by antonia]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
hahaha it was just confirmed that the package contained water bottles!!

second line

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
It doesn't make a difference anymore, the outcome will be the same.

If it's another amateurish bomb, more camera's.

If it's someones lunch, more camera's.

Government and terrorism go hand in hand to create fear out of hate, and hate out of fear.

At what point do people stop seeing the difference?

It's a downwards spiral.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Sheesh. Now we are going to shutdown parts of the city because of an abandoned cooler.

No doubt this belonged to one of the hundreds of street vendors that sell $1 bottles of water.

The terrorists are winning. Now they don't even have to make bombs to disrupt our lives. Just leave empty coolers around the city to create chaos.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
It's as if these scares are meant to remind us of the recent attacks, to keep the fear going. Like other's said, it will be the same outcome weather real bomb or not (aside from the deaths and injuries of course).

I posted a thread the other day (to which no replies were made lol) about a truck "bomb" scare that closed a bridge in NYC. The whole topic of the article went from the "scare" to talking about the time square bomb, and of course, then on to listing the number of attacks so far.

Wether or not these are actually carried out attacks, or scares, they are still all thrown in the same categorie to enforce our fears.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Erasurehead

Yup.

The next thing that will be done by our lord and savior government will be to class anyone who leaves a bag or lunch pail or whatever anywhere will be charged as a "terrorist" since they are creating "terroristic panic."

Each one of these bags and hysterical street closures costs tens of thousands of dollars.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
So I wonder what backdoor legislation was being voted on while this happened? Time for a little research.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I can see it now. Drive around late at night and leave coolers all over the city. People will wake up in the morning and panic over these coolers and half the city will close down during rush hour to investigate each one. Its all about keeping us in fear.

They are already talking about the need for more CCTV cameras around the city to keep the public safe.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
nothing to be alarmed about, the water cooler only contained water bottles

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
This could actually work in their favor. The next time someone finds an unattended suspicious package they will just think "oh it's probably someone's forgotten lunch or water bottle" and not report it.

IMO they should handle these things more discreetly until an actual explosive device has been found and than evacuate and shut down streets.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
After 9/11 this was happening all the time in NYC but seldom made the news. I got stuck in subways probably half a dozen times because there was a bomb scare in another station up the line. It got so common, everyone started expecting it for a while, then it all sort of died down. I think it was mostly just one person calling in threats, until they either found them or the person got bored with it.

The biggest scare I had after 9/11 was the night I was sleeping over at my friend's apartment and a sortie of F-16's buzzed right over her building at like 2:00AM - very loud, very clearly jets flying low over Manhattan, again. That was not a comfortable moment.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
So sad. everyone is so scared there are terrorists around every corner and under every rock that they get scared of a cooler. Whats next, A planter with soil might have a bomb in the soil? Im more scared of peoples stupidity and fearfulness over nothing than the actual bomb that might have been in there...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join