It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN: NY Times Square Evacuated May 7, 2010

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I just saw this on CNN.com. Anyone have any information on the evacuation? There is no story up yet, but I will add when it is available.

Photograph Courtesy of CNN.com

Times Square has been evacuated after a suspicious package was found near 45th street, a New York Police Department official said.

The package was found near 45th Street and Broadway, officials said.

The evacuation comes six days after an SUV with explosives was left in Times Square resulting in the arrest of Faisal Shahzad.

This story is developing. We'll bring you the latest information as we get it.

SOURCE: news.blogs.cnn.com...

[edit on 7-5-2010 by Aggie Man]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
www.postchronicle.com...

Just days after the failed terror attack on New York's Times Square, a suspicious package has been reported, prompting heavy police presence to invesitgate the claim.

According to breaking reports, police are responding to reports of a suspicious package in Times Square. The NYPD has confirmed they are investigating, but will not elaborate any further.

This news come just days after the failed car bomb attack in Times Square that led to the arrest of Faisal Shahzad.

We'll bring you more when we get it.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
OMG!!! It's those crazed TEA BAGGING, right-wing, conservative, racist, KKK, gun toting, honky, revalutionary, constitutionalists!!!

ONOZ!!!!!!

More likely, a package (device) like that will be seen ONLY by the unfortunate person(s) closest to it at the time it detonates.

Random packages are left all over the place... People forget stuff all the time.

Doesn't mean every unattended package is a device. My Gawd people get a grip.

The package to fear is the one that you don't see.

[edit on 5·7·10 by DrMattMaddix]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com...

Within 30 minutes, police officers cleared the area and brought in a bomb squad to check the bag.

They found a gray shirt, white tube socks, a toothbrush and pens.

The police deemed the bag not suspicious and left the scene before 11 a.m.

It was at least the seventh suspicious package brought to the attention of the police since the car bomb attempt on Saturday. The police were called back to a location two blocks away, at 46th and Broadway, just minutes ago, about 12:45 p.m. Friday. There was no immediate word on the status of this latest package.

Seems fine. Nothing to see here. Just some laundry. If you really need to be terrified today, move your eyes away from time square and direct it down wallstreet.

Edit: Oops, bolded something my eyes skpped over. This article is regarding a separate instance, even though it was published just moments ago?

[edit on 7-5-2010 by patmac]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Understandably, this always happens after an attempted terror attack simply because, briefly, people become more aware of their surroundings and thanks to the MSM, have terror on the mind.

My guess is that this will be a false alarm. Let's hope so.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
This week in NH we had a guys backpack in Keene freak somebody out to get the swat teams in and some bigot on a bus who thought the Swahili speaking dark skinned guy next to him was a terrorist.

Everybody make at least one anonymous tipster call about a suspicious something everyday. This'll be hella fun.

new topics

top topics

join