It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Today, May 7th, Group ATS Meditation

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Hello all! Today we will be meditating as a group here within our ATS collective. Below is some information to guide you!

We will be starting at -
3:00 PM PST
6:00 PM EST
3:30 AM IST

To check your location...
Timezone Map

Binaural Beats (From Unity_99)-

Eternity Within
Theta Wave
Into The Deep
Dolphins Chillout
Whales, Dolphins, and Chakras

Sounds of Rain

Simple Meditation Guides -

Metta Meditation
Kundalini
Zen Meditation
ABC of Yoga
Chakra Guide

Bhuddhism
Oneness

The main focus of today's meditation is to connect with our higherselves, to feel at one with the group, a way to reach our innerconnectedness. The session will last 30 minutes. Feel free to start early and finish late.

I would ask that if you are going to participate, please check in and post your experience on this thread. Thanks to everyone for this event!

Love
Compassion
Energy
Kindness

Celestine Vision

P.S. If there is something missing lemme know!

]

[edit on 7-5-2010 by onequestion]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
3 pm works pretty good for me. Though I am forgetful so this afternoon is works in any case.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
What a great idea, we should make this a weekly thing. Isn't their an account of a group meditation taking place in a city,DC maybe, where the crime rate dropped by something like 80%? It truly is amazing what a group of minds can do.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by bringthelight

I have read about the DC meditation somewhere as well. I think we may be able to make this a biweekly event or weekly event.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I forgot about this at work today, but I was trying to stay positive. Something was helping me "push" through the negativity as the day dragged on. Then something bad happened, a colleague crying and I don't know why. I just tried to be aware of my breath.

We can always be positive about the future, not that it will get better, but that we may get better at facing it and expressing ourselves in a true way that does shine.

I might be in the middle of something at the time, and I really have no control over this, but even if I am I will still meditate, whatever is going on.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I will be meeting everyone who participates in the infinite! Enjoy.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Well that was very pleasant and refreshing. ^_^

I saw some strange imagery I've never seen before while meditating, which sort of intruded on my calm briefly because I wasn't expecting it. It included rotating, vortex-like "volcanoes" (for lack of a better word) of swirling smoke and energy, and faint shadows in the shapes of people's eyes.

Of course I could just be going crazy, too lol.

Overall though it was very peaceful and contenting, and whether I merely imagined it in my own mind or not, I did experience sensations of connection and love. (And attempted to return them.)

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Thanks to everyone. Look forward to another.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Sad I missed it, in my next session I will send some positive vibes your way just as a way of saying thank you for trying to make the world a better place through meditation. Boy that was a long sentence.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Golithion

Its not a specific time, or rather it roughly is, but its like a digital file since we live in a Hollographic Universe, you can always add and addendum, join to the group energy and click save.
So no worries its not too late.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I had a sensation of hands adjusting something on my head, and rushes and rushes of vibrations, almost movement too. Then things were drifting for me. I have to lie down to meditate and get comfy, and thoughts were intruding so I let them drift, suddenly I was worrying about posts and a few thinks and my HS sailed in, just movement and appeared, blurred and said to me loving always, and then after about 40 minutes I fell asleep for 20 minutes.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
As a beginner in meditation I truly thank the OP for this thread and the links.
Could you set up some sort of audio link for us to tap into and be guided in real time?

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Novise
I forgot about this at work today, but I was trying to stay positive. Something was helping me "push" through the negativity as the day dragged on. Then something bad happened, a colleague crying and I don't know why. I just tried to be aware of my breath.

We can always be positive about the future, not that it will get better, but that we may get better at facing it and expressing ourselves in a true way that does shine.

I might be in the middle of something at the time, and I really have no control over this, but even if I am I will still meditate, whatever is going on.

You are perhaps missing the point , concentrating on ones breath,is a technique that trains the mind to focus on being a caring and helpful human being , when we wander.
Think about it?

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Conspire

Kind of like a podcast? I have been thinking about it. I think we should build the group and find out what really works best for the community. Then mybe we can start doing that.

I took my genesha, and buddha statues and place them in front of me, i also took 2 crystals, placed one at my root in front, and behind. I chose a point on the wall for the first 5 or so minute and focusd on my breath, during this period my eyes shift into my real eyes( i dont know how else to describe it), the world seems more alive when i do this, then i had a hard time focusing so i laid down for the rest of the meditation, finally at the end i went for a run on the beach by my house.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Thank you! It was very peaceful, I could relax deeper than usual. I also felt pressure in my third eye, which was stronger and lasted longer than usual. I´ve always believed in it, that if many people meditate at the same time, it´s easyer and deeper, because we creat field together.
I hope this tradition continues

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
It was nice, I felt like all of ATS was behind me. I had to go around and talk with people, but during the pauses I would reflect. I felt very positive. I remembered from the first post someone worried about others being negative. I was able to sit in quiet for 5 minutes and during that time I felt bliss, then it popped into my head that someone was leaving, upset because someone, maybe me, was being "negative." Of course that cracked me up because that level of connection would have been amazing, and these things don't happen that often.

Dr. Conspire, I'm not sure what you mean. As the Buddha's own father was dying he told people in the room to focus on their breath. If we can relate that to a boo-boo, or a colleague crying over spilt milk. It is meant to be done in the moment, not as some practice to prepare you for some later moment. Breathing in I am aware that I am breathing in. Breathing out I am aware that I am breathing out, big ETC.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Wow, sounds like everybody had positive results over all. Sadly, I missed it as I thought it was on the 7th. Doesn't matter, I'll catch it the next time.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I loved it. Weekly or bi- weekly and a podcast would be awesome. I voulenteer my time whenever it is needed. Also as a suggestion, Friday at 6 EST is a tough time for a lot people to get a quiet half hour. Maybe something mid week around the same time? Anyways feel free to u2u me and we can set something up. I'm really surprised it has taken ATS this long!

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Thank you for setting up the group meditation. Although I couldn't do it at 6pm, and forgot to send positive thoughts to the group at the time as I was stuck in some really lame traffic and running extremely late for a dinner, I did a full meditation at 9pm while tuned into the lingering effects of the group meditation.

Not quite the same, but it's the thought that counts right?

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ATSdelurker

You are fine you joined with us! i am thinking about doing this again within the 2 week point. i workin on some ideas i have been having and havent gotten around to this yet. hopefully this can grow.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join