It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oh no! Can't anyone on Capitol Hill spell? Bobby Cox's name butchered in ceremony

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Oh no! Can't anyone on Capitol Hill spell? Bobby Cox's name butchered in ceremony

content.usatoday.com

One day, Atlanta Braves manager Bobby Cox says, he'll be able to laugh about it.

Well, maybe.

For now, the folks on Capitol Hill who honored Cox on Tuesday for his legendary career look like complete morons.

You see, the cake ordered for Cox, saying, "Thanks for 50 Great Years," Bobby C---- was misspelled.

Badly misspelled.

Blundered beyond belief.

Take a look for yourselves, courtesy of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
This is Freudian , IMHO. It's a slip on the part of the Capitol Hill collective. The folks there on the hill have more gay male prostitute scandals than one could shake a stick at it. If not one of those then it's a scandal about some male page.
Capitol Hill has tried to honor Bobby Cox , but got his name so badly wrong that I can't help think it has something to do with what the folks at Capitol Hill are most likely obsessed with.

content.usatoday.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I heard this on Dan Patrick's show yesterday.

Something tells me that particular spelling is preferred on Capitol Hill anyways by a good number of politicians.

Peace

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
I heard this on Dan Patrick's show yesterday.

Something tells me that particular spelling is preferred on Capitol Hill anyways by a good number of politicians.

Peace

LMAO, Dr. Love! Exactly!

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Something tells me that being a great speller is not in the requirements to be a Congressman. Then again it sounds like all of Capitol Hill has experienced this problem in the past ten years.

Of couse this is coming from an Atlanta Braves fan.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimmefootball400
Something tells me that being a great speller is not in the requirements to be a Congressman. Then again it sounds like all of Capitol Hill has experienced this problem in the past ten years.

Of couse this is coming from an Atlanta Braves fan.

Fellow braves fans have been collectively offended. Off-ended I see this ended, my reply , I mean, before I 'm banned

I would not get banned, much less be offensive
If I suggest to all the rest that the Congressman is really in defense of
Hiding his own switch hitting nature
He plays for both teams, he's a switch hitter, like the cake is Capitol Hill's signature. Like Capitol Hill's nomenclature!

new topics

top topics

join