It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just a question for some

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Everyone is crying out for voting out the sitting congress for a new congress, but really what will this do?

We did this in 2006 didn't we? We did this with the president in 2008, didn't we?

We vote in new guys into congress and what...it's all going to be magically better? You don't think the problems will persist into a new congress? You really think the problems exist solely with those sitting in power and not those who can't be dealt with by the people by voting?

What will happen when the people we vote in are just as bad as those sitting now? We just ignore the fact that it didn't work in 2006 and again in 2010, so we try it again? And again? And again?

When are people going to wrap their brain around the fact that it isn't the workers stationed to work the machine at the moment that suck...the machine itself sucks. The system sucks. It's rusted over, and coloring it from blue to red to blue to red to blue to red doesn't do a god damn thing. What, change it to green maybe? Yellow? Purple? You think that will make it better when the machine is patched together with bubble gum, duct tape, and paperclips? When it's missing bolts and belts needed for it to run properly?

Really, just a question. What are you going to do then? Continue the same thing you have been doing, as in nothing?

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I agree with your point about our system being broken, probably beyond repair. There are legitimate ideas out there on how to fix parts of it. It will take lots of parts being fixed for there to be any real difference though.

I am curious if you have a better idea? What are you proposing exactly? Just get rid of the system? What would we do in its place? How do you just get rid of the system in the first place?

I only ask because you said people are not doing anything, therefore, I am curious as to what it is you are doing.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by idontKNOWanything
I only ask because you said people are not doing anything, therefore, I am curious as to what it is you are doing.

Making people think. That's what I'm best at and apparently some people think I'm pretty good at that.

It's all I can do. I'm one man. There isn't much I can do on my own besides make it apparent that we aren't doing anything to fix our position. But why care what I'm doing? So people can overlook their own complacency in what is going on in order to target me for telling people they're being complacent, undermining my message and perpetuating the nonsensical practices we're doing now to try to "fix" things?

I don't have solutions, or anything to propose at the moment mainly because my own political theories are far to radical for it to just be implemented; rather I want people to start realizing the system is broken and we need to get together and brain storm a new one, as well as a way to get rid of the old one.

And the first thing to do is make it apparent that the system is broken. Apparently people think that voting in new people will fix things even though we've been doing that and if I recall things haven't been fixed. We were sick of government tyranny from 2000-2006, and we get more government tyranny after voting new people in. We wanted change, and we voted for someone that was for change; it would have been nice to advertise the fact the only change was in skin color.

But yes, SURELY now in 2010, we can vote people in and we will FINALLY have change.

I believe Einstein defined insanity as the repetition of tasks in the belief that the results will be different. Well guess what, pretty much everyone is bat# insane then.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I think we probably share similar ideas about a lot of things. I am thankful for your response. I feel the same way as you and am often asked what I am doing about the stuff I talk about. I never thought to use the argument that "I am talking about it". That will be added to my rebuttals list

I think you are absolutely correct that there is not much one man can do when so many others do not even see a problem. Getting those people to see the problem(s) is definitely a step in the right direction.

Personally, I keep finding myself drawn to wanting to get involved in politics, if for no other reason than to give myself a bigger audience. I do not believe I could actually fix very much if I were an elected official in any position. I think I might be able to show people that there are problems and what some of them might be. I usually consider doing something else when I go to a city council meeting and see how apathetic the members are. They have obviously been bought and do not care about what the citizens go there to say and it makes me despise the very idea of politics all over again.

I guess my point is, you are not alone. There are some of us out here that feel the same way you do. I think my biggest problem is seeing that the entire system is FUBAR and not knowing where to even begin to try and affect change.

Thank you for letting me know, I am not alone.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by SpectreDC

I wholeheartedly agree, i actually wrote a rhyme just about that. still working on makin it a song. here's part of it

"The bills that they vote on they don't even read
That's not how the ppl intend it to be
Its time to stop dancing to they tune and beat
The voting campaigning its time to just quit
The system is rotten the system is rigged
It needs to be buried its now time to dig
So get out ur shovels pitchforks and picks
Your pride you must swallow admit this is it
Gather militias follow and lead
Time to repeat what your ancestors did
Fight for your freedom accept no defeat
Dismantle da kingdom of tyrants and pigs
Dig deeper than ever down to da roots
Find out who is hoarding all of the loot
Whoop on they arse and give em a boot
Restore da republic like back then they would"

if we dont do THAT^ nothing is gonna happen by voting. nothing changes.

[edit on 7-5-2010 by ponyboyats]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpectreDC
Everyone is crying out for voting out the sitting congress for a new congress, but really what will this do?

Really, just a question. What are you going to do then? Continue the same thing you have been doing, as in nothing?

It won't solve anything. Our only option is to withdraw from the system.

Read: www.pacinlaw.org...

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SpectreDC

Yep, the systems broken. I just hope we don't have to start importing parts from other countries to fix it.

top topics

join