It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 Astronauts that beleive in the Extraterrestrial presence!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by easynow
i don't have any magical answers that will fix all the problems you mentioned.

Well, maybe you have a corner of it. We all do, here. A lively but generally amicable 'frank exchange of views' (with occasional teasing). The range of different angles on the issue that can be summoned up at this site really impresses me.

Your questions to me are also part of the solution, I suggest. Thanks! I did let my narrative creativity carry me too far in the example you rightfully nailed me on.

It's become a lot easier for me to say, "I can't explain that" after that sort of questioning around here. I hope my arguments -- and my thought processes -- are the better for it.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg

Originally posted by Anunaki10
As you can see it is mentioned that Cooper encountered the Green UFO while in space, yes yes yes, bingo, Touch Down.

It's even also on this web page www.zipworld.com.au...

I will see if i can find eventually info if Cooper should had mentioned it on other occasions...

Oh, yes indeedee, Cooper has been quoted regarding this story on the WWW, as cited already...It may be disappointment to you that he repudiates it entirely. I have a 1978-era letter from him to that effect, I probably ought to scan it and post it somewhere.

Thanks re the space detective work kind words -- I find there's a whole universe of genuine space history mysteries needing investigation, and 'UFO reports' are a legitimate part of them, but not because 'UFOs are real' or anything. Many interesting stories deal with what the 'UFOs' turned out to be -- very interesting objects.

[edit on 11-5-2010 by JimOberg]
So you have a 1978-era letter from Cooper. It's only few who have the privilege to had letter exchange with such a legendary famous person, and seems you are among these few. If just you could show a copy of that letter here it could be great. I do believe you have the letter.

Sir, i know this sounds crazy: Is it possible if someone from a disinfo agency could had been in the mail-box where Cooper mailed the letter, then took it, changed his letter, copy his signature and then put it back in the mail-box, before you received the letter?
Just my crazy theory. I do hope that disinfo agents don't do such things.

[edit on 12-5-2010 by Anunaki10]

[edit on 12-5-2010 by Anunaki10]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   
that is probably one of the lamest reasons I have ever heard.....

Originally posted by tigpoppa
All of their claims have been debunked I noticed in the same google search I did that you suggested.

Many of these astronauts are old and their memories are false. Their typical glory hounds who only want attention once their out of the programs. Many feel they should not have been discharged from the programs and harbor ill will towards their employers for a bad day they had once. None of them have come out while employed by NASA or shortly after their landing. Mosts likely they had a bad day and thus want to discredit the field that true scientists and real americans work hard to protect.

memories are easy to corrupt through persuasion or wishful thinking, this is a proven fact. Google memory and robbery to watch videos and the results of numerous studies showing how memories cant be relied on for facts. This can be seen in the choice paradox where people believe whatever item they choose to be arbitrarily better then another item.

So in order to close the book on their allegations I present these 2 closing statements:

1. Their old, so their memories are rubbish.
2. Their all unemployed, none of them currently working at NASA, so they have all day to sit around and concoct these wild delusions of grandeur.
3. they all crave attention and use books and video to get more attention proving that nothing they say can be taken seriously and is more like some form of lucid dreaming.

[edit on 7-5-2010 by tigpoppa]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   
I think there are a lot of Astronauts that wanna speak out on seeing UFOs in space and other space anomalies yet they just dont come forward.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by -Blackout-
I think there are a lot of Astronauts that wanna speak out on seeing UFOs in space and other space anomalies yet they just dont come forward.

That might be. But the OP listed ten names of astronauts who allegedly had already done so. Mitchell's and Cooper's views were accurately reported, but did not involve specific space-related encounters.

I've argued that there's no reliable evidence that any of the other stories or quotations are anything but made-up, counterfeit claims that did not involve any real astronauts at all, just exploited their names.

So far, nobody has come forward with any checkable evidence to shake that assessment.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
www.ufos-aliens.co.uk...

"Pioneering astronaut L. Gordon Cooper denies being the first astronaut to see a UFO while in orbit, but stands by his reports of a strange encounter over Germany in the 1950s. Cooper flatly denied the long-standing claim, repeated over the years by various authors including UFOlogical saints J. Allen Hynek and Jacques Vallee, that he saw a greenish object with a red tail move past his Mercury 9 spacecraft in 1963.

>>No, somebody made a lot of money selling lies on that one,>It was totally untrue, sorry to say.>There is a story going around, Gordon, that a spaceship did land in middle America and there were occupants, and members of our government were able to keep one of the occupants alive for some period of time. They've seen the metal of the aircraft and know what the people look like -- is that a credible story ?>I think it's fairly credible. I would like to see the time when all qualified people could really work together to properly investigate these stories and either refute or prove them

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
First, i want to point out that i am no supporter of anyone, not even support the "skeptic" Mr. Oberg, nor support anyone else. I am completely my own.

I'm just one of those who are "I want to believe", just like when Mr. Agent Mulder says it. Well, just in the real world. And, this is in the real world: One of my girl friends once told me that she had experienced a supernatural creature. If anyone wants to ask me furher about her unusual supernatural encount then you are of course welcome to ask me out about that, but in that case you have to ask me further about that on another thread about "Encounters with Super natural creatures". Well, then i have to create that thread about supernatural creatures if necessary, if anyone is interested...

I'm still trying to locate the link about Mr. Popovich were he once worked as a "Boss" in the Soviet disinfo agency. Sorry, silly of me, i maybe should had write that link down physically on paper long time ago. I usually never write links down, well i guess just my lazy "don't write down on paper". I usually remember these links, but aparently this time i don't remember it now. So please Ladies and Gentlemen, please be patient with me about this one...

[edit on 14-5-2010 by Anunaki10]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by tigpoppa
All of their claims have been debunked I noticed in the same google search I did that you suggested.

Many of these astronauts are old and their memories are false. Their typical glory hounds who only want attention once their out of the programs. Many feel they should not have been discharged from the programs and harbor ill will towards their employers for a bad day they had once. None of them have come out while employed by NASA or shortly after their landing. Mosts likely they had a bad day and thus want to discredit the field that true scientists and real americans work hard to protect.

memories are easy to corrupt through persuasion or wishful thinking, this is a proven fact. Google memory and robbery to watch videos and the results of numerous studies showing how memories cant be relied on for facts. This can be seen in the choice paradox where people believe whatever item they choose to be arbitrarily better then another item.

So in order to close the book on their allegations I present these 2 closing statements:

1. Their old, so their memories are rubbish.
2. Their all unemployed, none of them currently working at NASA, so they have all day to sit around and concoct these wild delusions of grandeur.
3. they all crave attention and use books and video to get more attention proving that nothing they say can be taken seriously and is more like some form of lucid dreaming.

[edit on 7-5-2010 by tigpoppa]

So you think all old retired people can't be trusted? Or maybe just old retired astronauts? They're all lying? How dare them use books and video? Maybe they should put on theatrical plays instead of using dreaded books and the demon box?

If this is the kind of logic that young and employed people use then we have a problem.

Years ago I used to visit ATS a lot, but now it seems infested. Infested by who or what I'm not sure...but I guess that's the price paid for being the biggest site of its kind.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Former Soviet test pilot Marina Popovich claim that the Russians are in possession of at least 5 crashed alien space crafts. Her ex-husband (former Cosmonaut) did in fact worked for a Soviet disinformant agency, to discredit witnesses, to cover up military accidents and to cover up UFO sightings as well.

I hadn't heard this claim about Pavel (who died a few months ago). Where can I find verification it was said by somebody who would know. Russian-language links are fine with me.

www.americanchronicle.com...

"POPOVICH AND SETKA: A SECRET SOVIET UFO RESEARCH PROGRAM

A sharp increase in UFO activity in 1977-1978 (especially, the Petrozavodsk Case) had forced appropriate departments within the USSR Academy of Sciences to agree to a research program for anomalous atmospheric phenomena. The code name for this program was SETKA-AN (Akademii Nauk Set´--Academy of Sciences Net, or AS-NET.)

The Soviet Ministry of Defense embarked on a similar program, dubbed SETKA-MO (Ministerstva Oboroni Set´).

The first act of the SETKA-AN resulted in official sanction of "anomalous atmospheric phenomena" as a descriptive term instead of the forbidden "UFO." The censorship chains on the UFO subject were removed in 1989.

The well-planned tasks of the SETKAs had a terrifyingly effective impact. The "Academic Commission" did its best to prove there are no UFOs, only errors in observation of rocket launches, or at the very least, ball lightning.

SETKA-AN served as a powerful cover, creating a distraction away from the workings of the Ministry of Defense, whose SETKA-MO is said to have been, more serious in its investigations than the academic group. Despite the SETKA's nonchalance there had been occasions when "anomalous phenomena" had led to the unauthorized launches of mobile missiles, and on other occasions, the appearance of UFOs during military training exercises had resulted in the breakdown of radio communications and equipment malfunctions.

Stroganov ties these commissions to the SETKA-MO. The commissions first appeared five years prior to the removal of the ban on UFO information in the USSR, and during their existence, the information collected had been, according to their members, input into computers. Where the data went thereafter hasn't been explained.

The Deputy Chairman of the leading Anomalous Phenomena Commission was none other than the distinguished Soviet cosmonaut Pavel Romanovich Popovich. According to Stroganov, Popovich made a strikingly improbable statement at the first conference of the All-Union Ufological Association, of which he was President. Popovich told the gathering that he was a man of little competence concerning issues of ufology. He has also stated that his role would be to act as a buffer between the Association and the State.

The GALAKTIKA program, like a powerful vacuum cleaner, sucked in tons of information, but nothing ever came out. Neither non-military ufologists, nor military ones received any coherent explanation. Even when an unusual phenomenon could have been easily explained as a rocket launch, the answer was not forthcoming, because in those years everything was secret or military classified information.

And that is how the Commission came to be. And Pavel Popovich did play a role in its workings, although due to the secrecy and his oath, he had not revealed all he knew.

REVELATIONS

After every interview Pavel Popovich had to sign a special document stating that he did not reveal any state secrets. He never did tell all he knew, for he was a military person, and loyal to his oath."

Mr. Oberg, i really don't know how much disinfo there had been, but the above does look suspicious.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Good find, but still only an unverified claim by some unknown person, Stroganov in this case. Can we learn more about him?

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
The majority are too ignorant to listen to what these credible witnesses are saying. However when Richard Branson Launches Virgin Galactic, people will be able to witness these sigtings for themselfs.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Good find, but still only an unverified claim by some unknown person, Stroganov in this case. Can we learn more about him?

www.blackvault.com...:_A_Secret_Soviet_UFO_Research_Program_(By_Paul_Stonehill_&_Philip_Mantle)

"THERE ARE NO UFOS…
One of the first acts of the SETKA-AN (according to Yuri Striganov, well-known Russian researcher) resulted in official sanction of "anomalous atmospheric phenomena" as a descriptive term instead of the forbidden "UFO." The censorship chains on the UFO subject were removed in 1989."

According to that link Yuri Stroganov should be a well-known Russian researcher.

"According to a respected Russian researcher Yuri Stroganov, the Soviet State attempted to increase the ranks of informants through the creation of so-called "anomalous phenomena commissions.""

According to that link Yuri Stroganov should be a respected Russian researcher.

comecarpentier.com...

"Another respected investigator is Yuri Stroganov who has worked for many years in connection with the Russian UFO Research Centre and has analysed and reported on a large number of UFO observation and landing cases."

I will see if i can find more info about Yuri Stroganov.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sylar81
The majority are too ignorant to listen to what these credible witnesses are saying. However when Richard Branson Launches Virgin Galactic, people will be able to witness these sigtings for themselfs.

Sylar, who is on your list of credible witnesses of UFOs on space flights? That's the central issue here -- not an automatic credulity in any and every rumor that finds its way onto the Internet.

Ten names were supposedly given. Mitchell and Cooper indeed believe in alien visitations, but neither of them base it on any spaceflight experience they had, or know of anybody else having.

Which of the other eight do you believe actually occurred, and on what evidential basis?

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   

That's a good policy -- I'll search the Russian web for his UFO views, and other people's assessment of those views. too.

Quick search -- he's a real person, here are the facts in the top twenty hits:

нло "юрий строганов"

He’s director of a local television production company
ufolove.ru/694.html

www.yuga.ru... May 1, 2005
Worked 18 years as engineer in an aviation repair factory laboratory.

aurahome.ru/arhstone10.html
He sends out press releases about UFOs

ufo.kz/clauses/ufo/239-delal-li-tarelki-tretijj-rejjkh.html –
He claims UFOs were invented by the Third Reich

[edit on 16-5-2010 by JimOberg]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Sorry, i'm a little lost now, but i will get back as soon as possible. I'm following battles in the World Championships in Icehockey right now.

Once again, sorry, i will be back as soon as possible. There is a "crazy" sport in me, can't help it. See ya soon...

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Why fuel the fire? You'd be surprised if you aimed your compass at some of these so-called "SKEPTICS" that visit sites that go against their very own principals, ethics etc. It's not at all in the least bit surprising to find agent provacateurs upon ATS.
I'll refrain from quoting or interjecting any further. The less fuel you provide , The more you force them to expose the true agenda of subverting this topic and its credibility.

Good day to those of you who are "minded in likeness"

Hats off to Mr Mcelroy . I do believe he is a former Aid to Eisenhower and New Hampshire Congressman. Ufo was sighted above USNA in Annapolis not long ago by a few hundred people that never made the news.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   

That's a good policy -- I'll search the Russian web for his UFO views, and other people's assessment of those views. too.

Quick search -- he's a real person, here are the facts in the top twenty hits:

нло "юрий строганов"

He’s director of a local television production company
ufolove.ru/694.html

www.yuga.ru... May 1, 2005
Worked 18 years as engineer in an aviation repair factory laboratory.

aurahome.ru/arhstone10.html
He sends out press releases about UFOs

ufo.kz/clauses/ufo/239-delal-li-tarelki-tretijj-rejjkh.html –
He claims UFOs were invented by the Third Reich

[edit on 16-5-2010 by JimOberg]
Hey everyone. I've been busy. Nice to be back.

Thanks for these very interesting links about Yuri Stroganov, Mr. Oberg
Seems Mr. Stroganov have different works, not only as UFO researcher.
These Russians indeed have an amazing way to construct their websites. If just the Internet had an automatic "translator" that could translate from Russian to English it could be great, and maybe in the near future the Internet IT workers will built in an automatic "translator" that can translate all known languages.
I find Russia very fascinating. Russia seem to have different kind of cultures, and interesting stories this huge land offers.

You say that according to the Russian website Yuri Stroganov believe that UFO's originate from Third Reich. Funny to see that Stroganov's belief system is that limited

According to other UFO researchers UFO/Alien sightings dates back since the ancient time.

Coming up next is about EBEN....

[edit on 10-7-2010 by Anunaki10]

[edit on 10-7-2010 by Anunaki10]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChemBreather
Are they All 33 dregree Masons ? Cause if they are, they are Lieing, and the reason why will be appearant in the near future..

Well, seeing as you seem to be in the know already, why don't you do the right thing and fill the rest of us in aswell?

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
www.serpo.org...

Interview with EBE-2: March 5th, 1983 at Los Alamos National Labs:

"I asked the Colonel who was being interviewed and he told me a guest from another planet! The Colonel left. The other two people set up a table with a microphone and recording equipment, including a camera. About five minutes later, in walks a 4' 9" non human looking creature. It was dressed in a tight fitting cream colored suit. It had no hair and was identified to me as EBE-2.

EBE-2 sat in a chair across the table from two civilians and the AF Colonel. I did not know the identity of the three. LANL-1 came into the room and sat next to me. I listened while the three asked EBE-2 a series of questions pertaining to its home planet. First question was about the temperature, climate and weather. EBE-2 responded in perfect English but sounded like a machine generated voice. Very hard to explain but it was either coming from a device that EBE-2 had in front of him or from something in its body.

EBE-2 explained the weather of its planet which was dry, varying temperature between 65-90 degrees. There was 35 hours of constant sunshine and three hours of darkness. Rainfall occurred only during one of its months each year. The day lasted 38 of our hours. They did not have months but did have years which consisted of approximately 600 of our days. They used a society cycle which I understood to be similar to our months. During this society cycle each Eben worked a certain time and conducted business. There was also a rest cycle which consisted of a regulated period of sleep. I don't recall the exact number of hours or sleep/rest. EBE-2 discussed weather patterns and how they were formed. I don't recall the exact words. However, EBE-2 seemed very intelligent and fully explained each weather pattern in precise detail. He used Earth's equivalents for Meteorology terms.

The interesting part of this interview was that I didn't hear any questions being asked by the three humans sitting across from EBE-2. Either the questions were already given to EBE-2 or the three humans were "thinking the questions" and EBE-2 would respond in English."

What is claimed to be a transcript of a 1981 intelligence briefing to President Ronald Reagan about UFOs and extraterrestrial visitation to Earth was posted on the Web site Serpo.org on Oct. 30, 2007:

REAGAN IN THE LOOP

In the transcript, Casey begins the briefing. "Mr. President, good morning. As we discussed in February, this briefing contains some very sensational and some very, very classified information. I am not sure, oh, well, I'm not going to make a decision on who you want in the room. That will be your decision, Mr. President."

"This will be a real tough one to follow since the briefing starts back, historically speaking, that is, and runs up to recent times. I believe we have prepared a good chronological order of events. I'm sure you, Mr. President, will have many questions," Casey reportedly stated.

After a discussion to determine who in the room had a "need to know," the proper security clearance or had not previously been briefed on the matter, Casey continued, according to the transcript.

"…as you will see Mr. President, this stuff is pretty high up on the food chain. We call it ATS or 'Above Top Secret.' This stuff has its own classification and markings. We have a special container, special printers and copiers for this stuff. Every word of this material is printed on special paper then placed inside special covers."

GOOD GUYS AND BAD GUYS

Picking up on an implication within a statement from Casey, Reagan asks, "Are you telling me there are different races or species, as you said, visiting Earth at the same time?"

"Can you tell me how many different species have visited us?" Reagan asks.

The Caretaker states, "At least five."

Reagan: "Are they all friendly?"

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   

"Mr. President, that is a very difficult question to answer. There are many parameters that we follow to evaluate the threat. However, we have little intelligence on four of the five."

"We have plenty of intel on the Ebens ... gee ... they've given us everything we asked for! They have also helped us to understand the other four species. I'm afraid to say, Mr. President and please don't misunderstand my words, but we think one of the species is very hostile."

Reagan is clear about his position. "I'm the President of the United States. I should know if we are endangered by some threat from outer space. If you have something to say about a threat posed by this one species of aliens, then I want to hear it.

Casey explains. "Mr. President, we have intelligence that would indicate this one species of aliens have abducted people from Earth. They have performed scientific and medical tests on these humans. To the best of our knowledge, no humans have been killed."

"We have captured one of these hostile aliens. This gets into some very, very sensitive areas, Mr. President. I strongly suggest we end this discussion and move on to any further questions you might have and then get back to this. I don't think we are prepared to provide you with accurate answers to your questions about the potentially hostile aliens at this time," Casey reportedly says.

Reagan: "OK, but expect this to be given to me as soon as possible. I want to know everything about these hostile creatures so I .... or I mean we should start forming policies on how to deal with them … do we have operational war plans on this?"

Presidential advisor (name redacted): "Yes, Mr. President, we have war plans on all potential threats to our country."

The Caretaker explains further, "We call the hostile aliens simply that, HAV, meaning Hostile Alien Visitors. MJ-12 placed that code on them back in the '50s."

PUBLIC INFORMATION, DISINFORMATION

The Caretaker: "In order to protect all this information and the fact that the United States Government has evidence of our planet being visited by extraterrestrials, we developed over the years a very effective program to safeguard the information. We call it 'Project DOVE.' It is a complex series of operations by our military intelligence agencies to disinform the public."

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join