It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 Astronauts that beleive in the Extraterrestrial presence!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Archirvion
What i do think is that YOU who made this post is very much ignorant( less-informed) and perhaps one of the less intelligent versions of the human race.

If you cant simply understand the fact of Alien lifeforms,then there is probably no hope for you. If you are at the age of 10 or around there, then i understand,then you are just ignorant (less informed) due lack of life experience and general understanding.

Archirvion.....

To whom are you replying?

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
This has always been one of my favourite topics...

If I wanted to know about life at the bottom of the ocean I would ask a deep sea diver.

If I wanted to know about life in outer space I would ask an astronaut.

Space travel is still in it's infancy and I would like to think that those in charge of sending people into space would not send any old nutjob. These guys must have been at their physical and mental peak to even be considered for such missions.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Double post, apologies

[edit on 8-5-2010 by Jimmavip]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by tigpoppa

I agree they might be old and memories to change and fade or alter with time. However, calling them insane, crazy, or having hatred is not logical.

Lets take a look at a few facts.

1. Anyone that starts any job worth claiming has to sign a non-disclosure statement. Now imagine this disclosure statement is about 1 million times more important due to it's level of military and government clearance and it's enforced by the government and military.

Chicken or not I would dare anyone even the biggest baddest man on earth to go against the government or military.

2. If you are going to space or going to qualify to even touch a piece of equipment that costs more then some countries national GDP, then I am sure and you should know that they have too... Have too... pass more psychological and physical exams than anyone else on the planet is probably faced with.

So in all I am guessing that their sanity is definitely in check.

3. They are receiving pensions and retirement funds so what is the purpose of hatred plus they are in the history books so why seek any more fame than is already obtained?

Matter of fact by even coming out and discussing this issue seems to tarnish their stature and would actually damage their history. So who in their right mind would even come out and state this as fact if they were seeking "Fame and Glory".

I think your argument is flawed and would seriously suggest a rethought.

I would go further in to this but I think I have stated enough for the moment.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
So have we reached a consensus that there is not a shred of evidence lending credibility to the claim that Maurice Chatelain was ever 'Chief of NASA Communications' as the OP reported -- or was in any other way privy to space UFO stories beyond what he could read in the 'National Enquirier'?

Consensus?

Disagreements?

Or coverup?

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg
Can anybody find the Story Musgrave quotation in which he explicitly states he never saw anything indicative of alien intelligence on any of his space missions? Isn't it SOMEWHERE on the internet, or is it being covered up?

It's not covered up; because why should it be.
I suppose that this is in a way what your mean there.

In terms of personally seeing any kind of evidence, I have seen glorious things out there, but I have never seen anything which I consider having the signature of life or an intelligent being.

There are all kinds of glorious light shows and 'Fourth of July's' out there, but I have never, myself, seen anything which had the signature of life.

www.spacestory.com...

But what do you find of these interesting remarks of him may I ask?

Look what he said in this video from 3:00

The more you fly in space the more you see an incredible amount of things out there and it back sort of brings to you really a certainty that there are other living creatures are out there.

Some incredible more primitive then us, some just proteins coming together amino acids and some just single cell organisms, and other civilizations that bin around for million years did or doing unimaginable kind of things.

Civilizations that are bin around for million years did or doing unimaginable kind of things????

And another interesting one from his own site.

Question; Have you seen or do you believe in the existence of UFOs or other signs of intelligent extraterrestrial life?

I believe, and scientifically I am certain, that there are endless other living forms out there, including intelligent sentient beings.

So how could he know to be scientifically certain that there are endless other living forms out there, including intelligent sentient beings?

In terms of personally seeing any kind of evidence, I have seen glorious things out there, but I have never seen anything which I consider having the signature of life or an intelligent being.

There are all kinds of glorious light shows and 'Fourth of July's' out there, but I have never, myself, seen anything which had the signature of life.

Although, as I have said, I know there are entire universes of living forms out there.

www.spacestory.com...

So despite he said on one hand that he never has seen anything which had the signature of life, he said on the other hand.

I know there are entire universes of living forms out there.

The more you fly in space the more you see an incredible amount of things out there and it back sort of brings to you really a certainty that there are other living creatures are out there, and other civilizations that bin around for million years did or doing unimaginable kind of things.

Quite remarkable is it not?

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur
Jeff Ritzmann accused Jim Oberg of having the patience of a saint, and I think Oberg has more patience than I do. I guess if you explain the same thing over and over again to an incessant stream of people who picked up a story somewhere, that could get a little old.

Hi Arbitrageurl, in that case we all are in a way patience saints because we to try to explain those kind of things as the OP said in this case over and over again to an incessant stream of people who again and again try to debunk such information over and over again.

[edit on 9/5/10 by spacevisitor]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   

I can speak to at least one of the Astronauts. I know Gene Cernan personally and have flown as his co-pilot several times. Gene is not experiencing "false" memories or making up stories for personal gain. Gene, in his early 70's has more integrity in his little finger than anyone who would post junk like this about him or the other astronauts. Get real people, do you really think and are you so arrogant that you believe that we, here on earth, are the only intelligent life in the universe and are the pinnacle of creation?

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacevisitor
Hi Arbitrageurl, in that case we all are in a way patience saints because we to try to explain those kind of things as the OP said in this case over and over again to an incessant stream of people who again and again try to debunk such information over and over again.

Gordon Cooper and Victor Afanasyev need some debunking and they have been debunked.

Regarding the others, yes many believe in ET life, as your Story Musgrave quotes indicate. But saying there is ET life is one thing, saying we have evidence it has visited Earth is something else.

My interpretation of Musgrave's comments is simple math: The fact that Earth has life (and intelligent life for a short time now, relative to the age of the Earth), means the chances of life and intelligent life developing on a planet are something larger than zero.

We don't know if the chances are high or low, but even if low, there are so darn many planets and star systems that even a low percentage multiplied by billions and billions will have a tendency to statistically become a near certainty. Of course only Story Musgrave knows for sure what he really means, but that's how I interpret his comments about ET life being certain, and I know many others feel similarly, including to some extent, myself. However I prefer to say ET life is likely, instead of certain. I'm reserving the word certain until we have proof of it, but I expect we'll find it if we haven't already in ALH84001.

So yeah there's life out there, but that doesn't mean it's been here, unless ALH84001 is evidence of life, and that's the only evidence we've got and it may not even be a sign of life, it's still being debated. But it won't surprise me, Story Musgrave, or lots of other people once we do confirm some evidence of ET life. But we're still looking for it.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Again data was the nature of these flights and yes maybe not all ten but some factor of these men have seen something....okay but when being paid a salary that is extremely high and during a flight wich is costing us the tax(ed) community millions why are these guys looking for e.t??? how bout getting around to what your supposed to be doing wich is exactly what agin?????and still cost us over 50 billion dollars at this point, i say can the damnned nasa program completely!

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Gordon Cooper and Victor Afanasyev need some debunking and they have been debunked.

Regarding Gordon Cooper, I don’t agree with you, regarding Victor Afanasyev, you can see what he has to say here.

Regarding the others, yes many believe in ET life, as your Story Musgrave quotes indicate. But saying there is ET life is one thing, saying we have evidence it has visited Earth is something else.

I am just curious to what you think of this?

Regarding the question if astronauts did have seen UFO’s, is here a very interesting remark about that from Edward L. Moragne, [he died in January 2000] Ph.D., Physicist in an interview with © 2009 by Linda Moulton Howe.

April 11, 1990, excerpt by Ron Madeley:
Edward L. Moragne, Ph.D., was a retired physicist who is nearing 80 years in age and in fair, but steadily declining health. His knowledge might soon follow his name into quiet obscurity, even though he has worked closely with equally brilliant men - men like J. R. Oppenheimer; Albert Einstein; and Dr. Edward Teller, 'Father' of the hydrogen bomb.

As early as 1939, Dr. Moragne was working with the great minds of the day at two research laboratories in New Jersey. That work eventually led to a U. S. Navy post under the direction of John von Neuman.
Moragne worked at the top of the Manhattan Project with the development and detonation of the atomic bomb and later the first hydrogen bomb.

Dr. Moragne found himself involved in the research end, as opposed to the retrieval end, of crashed flying saucers. During the late 1960s and early 1970s, he was part of a team of scientists working at Edwards Air Force Base on a very special project.

According to Moragne, a flying saucer and its crew landed at Edwards A.F.B. The disc and its occupants were carted off to a secure building at the base for evaluation. It then became part of an ABOVE TOP SECRET project - something he calls ‘Blue Heaven.’”

In that interview with Linda Moulton Howe he said the following.

© 2009 by Linda Moulton Howe.
Linda; DO YOU KNOW IF ANY U. S. ASTRONAUTS SAW DISCS OR UFO CRAFT ON THE MOON?

Dr. Moragne; I know astronauts have seen UFOs, but they don't want to talk about that because people will say they are kooks.

Linda; WHAT HAS BEEN DESCRIBED TO YOU?

Dr. Moragne; Huge circular craft, but they aren't going to talk about it.

Linda; WHY IS THE UFO/E.T. TRUTH SO SUPPRESSED. WHY SHOULDN'T EVERYONE KNOW ABOUT IT?

Dr. Moragne; All you do is get up a hot steam in Washington when you try to discuss it.

Here is another interesting remark.

Dr. Moragne; The last grilling I took with the space agency was that the space agency set up a department to investigate spacecraft and things like flying saucers.

Linda; ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT NASA?

Dr. Moragne; Yes.

www.earthfiles.com...

My interpretation of Musgrave's comments is simple math: The fact that Earth has life (and intelligent life for a short time now, relative to the age of the Earth), means the chances of life and intelligent life developing on a planet are something larger than zero.

Right, so if he said,

and other civilizations that bin around for million years did or doing unimaginable kind of things

Your simple math translates that as: The fact that Earth has life (and intelligent life for a short time now, relative to the age of the Earth), means the chances of life and intelligent life developing on a planet are something larger than zero.

I would translate that as this; how can he know that these civilizations are bin around for million years and how can he know that they doing or have done unimaginable kind of things?

You see, we have again a difference of opinions here.

[edit on 9/5/10 by spacevisitor]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
great threat, loved reading it

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

Mr. Oberg, during your first post on this thread you claim that Cooper never encountered UFO, and that's utter BS. Cooper actually encountered UFO!

Former Soviet test pilot Marina Popovich claim that the Russians are in possession of at least 5 crashed alien space crafts. Her ex-husband (former Cosmonaut) did in fact worked for a Soviet disinformant agency, to discredit witnesses, to cover up military accidents and to cover up UFO sightings as well.

And what about the 40 meter long UFO drawing according to former Cosmonaut Affanasayev's case, huh? Well, there are misleading dates about his spaceflights. Could that be just another disinformations about dates and places? Good question...

[edit on 9-5-2010 by Anunaki10]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacevisitor

Regarding Gordon Cooper, I don’t agree with you, regarding Victor Afanasyev, you can see what he has to say here.

Oh? What did he say?

No, don't tell me what the program voice-over claims he said. Tell me what he said in the original Russian.

..and what spaceflight is that supposed to have been on? Date, time, name, launch site? Simple stuff essential to any complete UFO report.

Tell us, please.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anunaki10

Mr. Oberg, during your first post on this thread you claim that Cooper never encountered UFO, and that's utter BS. Cooper actually encountered UFO!

Did you read my first post? How could you possibly have so badly misinterpreted it?

What space mission are you claiming Cooper saw a UFO on?

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by mdl59

I can speak to at least one of the Astronauts. I know Gene Cernan personally and have flown as his co-pilot several times. Gene is not experiencing "false" memories or making up stories for personal gain. Gene, in his early 70's has more integrity in his little finger than anyone who would post junk like this about him or the other astronauts. Get real people, do you really think and are you so arrogant that you believe that we, here on earth, are the only intelligent life in the universe and are the pinnacle of creation?

Hey, that's cool. This could help cast some light into shadowy corners.

What does he really believe about UFOs?

Did he ever see one in space?

Does he know of any other astronauts who saw them?

Was he ever officially told to withhold or distort any UFO experiences from the public?

Where's his current office?

And oh, by the way, what's his wife's name?

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Former Soviet test pilot Marina Popovich claim that the Russians are in possession of at least 5 crashed alien space crafts. Her ex-husband (former Cosmonaut) did in fact worked for a Soviet disinformant agency, to discredit witnesses, to cover up military accidents and to cover up UFO sightings as well.

I hadn't heard this claim about Pavel (who died a few months ago). Where can I find verification it was said by somebody who would know. Russian-language links are fine with me.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   

And what about the 40 meter long UFO drawing according to former Cosmonaut Affanasayev's case, huh? Well, there are misleading dates about his spaceflights. Could that be just another disinformations about dates and places? Good question...

Who is presenting misleading dates about his spaceflights? Not the official Soviet-era news media nor post-Soviet space history sites. They all have consistent data.

The only source presenting 'inconsistent' dates, mission names, launch sites, and every other detail is one European UFO writer -- who perhaps believes, not without some justification, that his target audience is too stupid to notice such wild errors and too gullible to even bother to check up on the story. So far, he's been right.

You haven't disproven his approach yet either.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   

www.space.com...

www.syti.net...

"One of the original Mercury Astronauts and the last American to fly in space alone. On May 15, 1963 he shot into space in a Mercury capsule for a 22 orbit journey around the world. During the final orbit, Major Gordon Cooper told the tracking station at Muchea (near Perth Australia) that he could see a glowing, greenish object ahead of him quickly approaching his capsule. The UFO was real and solid, because it was picked up by Muchea's tracking radar. Cooper's sighting was reported by the National Broadcast Company, which was covering the flight step by step; but when Cooper landed, reporters were told that they would not be allowed to question him about the UFO sighting."

Sir, You are right about that it doesn't state anywhere whatever the date and place about Afanasayev's spaceflight is of disinformation or lack of homework, so there is a good chance it could be lack of homework.
If just it was that easy to find out

It's been a long while ago i read about Pavel's work in the disinfo agency. I don't know how to speak Russian
So no russian links, but i wish i could speak Russian.
I will try find the link about Pavel.

[edit on 10-5-2010 by Anunaki10]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   

www.space.com...

www.syti.net...

"One of the original Mercury Astronauts and the last American to fly in space alone. On May 15, 1963 he shot into space in a Mercury capsule for a 22 orbit journey around the world. During the final orbit, Major Gordon Cooper told the tracking station at Muchea (near Perth Australia) that he could see a glowing, greenish object ahead of him quickly approaching his capsule. The UFO was real and solid, because it was picked up by Muchea's tracking radar. Cooper's sighting was reported by the National Broadcast Company, which was covering the flight step by step; but when Cooper landed, reporters were told that they would not be allowed to question him about the UFO sighting."

Oh, THAT story? Why on Earth -- or anywhere in the Universe -- should anybody believe it? Who is the source of this claim? Has Cooper himself ever backed this claim?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join