It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 Astronauts that beleive in the Extraterrestrial presence!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by expat2368
reply to post by tigpoppa

I will never understand as long as I live why this particular subject brings out people who totally refuse to believe even when faced with testimony from sources like the astronauts. Interesting thing is those are the very people that when ET finally lands will go bonkers, jump out of windows and off bridges. The rest of us will just say "about time" and go on about our lives.

Reason why is if there are ET's then some of them may be able to prove our jesus,mohammed etc. to be a lie. and that is not acceptible.
It is a hard thing to realize you have been the dupe to a lie, but it happens.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I believe them,I too was very fortunate enough to see such a spectacle and this wasn't any boring star shaped light moving rapidly across the sky. People who doubt the phenomenon are merely uninformed and have not seen anything of this nature. Until the day they do they will become more like minded such as myself and others who did see something profound in the sky. Once again this wasn't something misidentified I have an eye for detail and this was clearly an object(craft) in the sky.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Buddy, I suggest you watch some documentary footage from a video called Secret Space, or just youtube some space videos, there are plenty of them out there where you can literally hear the conversations going on between astronauts/command and they specifically mention UFOs multiple times.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Are you all totally new at this? UFO doesn't automatically suggest alien origin!

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   

""1. Their old, so their memories are rubbish. 2. Their all unemployed, none of them currently working at NASA, so they have all day to sit around and concoct these wild delusions of grandeur. 3. they all crave attention and use books and video to get more attention proving that nothing they say can be taken seriously and is more like some form of lucid dreaming. ""

This has to be the most asinine attempt at pseudo-debunking I have ever come across on this board, it reeks of the most disgusting tactic those of your group employ on a regular basis, the typical personal attack upon ones credentials, mental state, intelligence and integrity. But it's not going to fly and you're not going to get anywhere using it except being added to mine and others special list of people to ignore.

I fly on a regular basis with a 78 year old Korean War veteran who's mental ability, state of mind, eyesight and coordination far exceeds the majority of the users on this forum. Attacking the person instead of the topic is disgusting, especially in the manner that you have.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

"The first sign that one is dealing with a sloppy thinker is the 'false dilemma' where they insist there are ONLY a small number of possibilities to a puzzle -- as here. One other unmentioned possibility is that many of the stories are bogus, planted for the easily duped. "

By all means please provide evidence that these fellows are somehow attempting to mislead people by making bogus claims and dreaming up stories. For example I could make a few claims about you Jim and you're opinions, but without the evidence to back up those claims I'm not about to do so.

""These are the sorts of things that kiddies believe enthusiastically in, until they get a little mileage under their cerebrums and find out the really interesting -- but much more subtle -- fascinations of Ufology. ""

Now now Jim, you really haven't earned the right to toss around those words on this forum like you do. You LOVE to play in the "kiddie threads" yourself, jockeying for alpha debunker status while planting your little flag in the sandbox; wetting your lips at every attempt to debunk the garbage that most of us already know is such. Not once have you joined the true skeptics at tackling the strong UFO cases that have been extremely well presented on this forum by many great members. Nope, you ignore them like they don't exist.

Until you do so you're no better than the average pseudo-skeptic on this forum. So please, don't use the label "kiddies" until you have actually proven yourself worthy to do so by debating with the best this forum has to offer.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I dunno, interesting thread! really enjoyed the op! but I would also question the comments as you would do, but still, some are in your face straight with them! very interesting

I was watching a daytime chat show last year here in the uk, and a presenter on there used to be either married or lived with a guy from NASA and she mentioned that she begged him for answers on aliens for a long time and he would never say, but he eventually replied to her with ''some things are better left unsaid'' (or along those lines) .......make of that what you will but I found it interesting!

s&f

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Since the very first there has been an ongoing restriction of information.
There are after all some verified reports from other sources as well...
The swedes recovered a craft and told the world about it...but it seems that everyones forgotten it...
So many untimely deaths and so many missing pictures and pieces of hard evidence have dissapeared it isnt even funny anymore...
I am not really surprised any statements have waited for years to be made when the people who made them are safely out of the reach of those who hold the secrets...
The astronauts were not stupid men...they were under orders of silence and most kept mum till the last....
Phillip Corso is another, he wouldnt go to his grave without comming clean to the people....security be dammed.
The wisdom of age is that they cannot hurt you with more than the death you already face and the truth must be told....
There already exists many unshakably verified sightings and near collisions on record to prove that there is somebody operating craft beyond our technology in our earth skies for many decades...

The alaska sighting of japan airlines 747....
several on the US east coast by two aircraft and more....
I think the astronauts said what they thought they could get away with saying but no more....
I am sure that there are craft beyond our expertise up there
and i have been fortunate enough to observe this twice...
the last time was just 10 months ago over sakatchewan canada
when something came into our atmosphere glowing brightly, then still dropping dimmed in luminosity, coasted briefly like the proverbial skipping saucer,came to an abrupt halt and then accellerated south at velocity that made it look like a light bulb being turned off.
nothing we have could have done that....
I personally believe these man because of what i have seen....
and because of what others have unimpeachably reported also.
I suppose because i am turning sixty five this next year i am a liar too.....

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by chewz

it could also be that they were threatened and if they ever wanted to fly in space or be an astronaut they better keep their mouths shut. know that they have no ties to nasa or are independantly wealthy the can go and tell nasa to f$%k off and tell the truth to what they witnessed.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
These guys are not saying the truth,there are other human races EXACTLY like us in every way as well as funny to us looking grey humans and probably a lot of others,BUT WHY NOT SAY THEY ARE HUMAN?

Because then we would all wonder what the hell was going on,why wouldnt we talk with other humans,and who could possibly posess such technology and not share it,and that scares the heck out of people,something all powerful that they cant understand.

I understand that the astronaughts only see these things from the outside but the government sknows bloody well what I mean.

And yes you would have to be insane not to believe all of the highly educated people pushing disclosure.

Or simply not have much of a future because these things are obviously a big part of the future.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
The UFOs may explain why there hasn't been a moon mission in over thirty years?
Perhaps they have blockaded their home the moon?
Many believe life is on mars and the moon underground.
It is logical as the atmosphere is poor.
These UFOs may be saying back off guys we are leaving ya alone , leave us alone?
Its strange having these astonauts saying they saw UFOs in space if it is not true.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
There cant be a mission because we are hemmed in here and our government knows it,stealing or shooting down some craft means nothing,its like Indians getting a lucky shot with an arrow that downs a cobra chopper,what do they do with it when they get it?

Mother nature downs all craft ours and theirs,

Other countries will ask nice unlike the US and get the same answer,no leaving the solar system.

We are in a Galactic war and this planet is a resource planet,a farflung outpost ,last I heard hidden from the foe.

We wont ever achieve a technological ability to defeat the people who made these craft because we cant mass produce them,it takes generations to achieve and by then you have to be smart enough to not kill your own species and we are a long way from that.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Jocko Flocko

You took the words right out of my mouth, good job! This is a guy just trying to exercise his mental capacity in public and show that "his" requirements for "his" definition of facts, are more stringent than the rest of us. He is the most scientific!

That is a give away for age, for such attacks show a lack of wisdom, experience, and an emotional stubbornness. At my age, I believe anything is possible and that we barely have the capacity to understand what is real. And since these guys are close to my age, you can't tell me their brains are all failing and screwed up. That's just ignorance! Frankly, the guy is pretty disrespectful too.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Conspire

I don't know if you have ever seen the doc Moon Rising, but it has some very interesting speculation about ufos and the Moon, with some nice video and stills. It also pays a respectful tribute to all of our astronauts, and contains interviews with them, discussing their experiences on the Moon and in space.
I had the link to the whole vid on Youtube but now you have to pay 4.99 to rent on YouTube? That's news to me!!! Anyway, if you can get find it, it's worth a view!

Peace

MOON RISING
www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 7-5-2010 by speculativeoptimist]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

Good job CHA0S for putting together this thread. Not enough people bring this subject up regarding astronauts giving eye witness testimony. Why? Probably because they may believe it's fabricated to throw us off our path of finding the truth out; but in reality I think the sightings by them are very real.

What's interesting is that on many occasions radar has picked up what fighter pilots have seen, and although radar cannot take a clear picture of what it is seeing, it still can give you an idea of size and speed. I remember reading many articles about this exact subject. Maybe I'll try and put together some of these articles/testimonies for us to try and validate or debunk - however I don't think a lot of them will be able to be debunked unless you're going to believe the government when they say it was machine error or pilot error (as in they have been tired or maybe hungover which is just stupid because FCC regulations keep an eye on such things). The only time a pilot may be given drugs is in war, such as amphetamines (adderall or as they did in the 2nd WW meth so there could be missions that lasted over 24hrs each).

But these reports were not during war (not that I know of anyway) and we have no reason to believe they were drugged up so I'll have to get back to you guys with more information, I'll probably make a thread that follows this one up with more sightings from people in regular airspace (not actual space) and those from ground control.

S&F.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   

First of all just because they are "older" does not mean that their memories are rubbish. That is an assumption on your part. Secondly, usually when people claim to see UFO's or aliens, the only attention they get is people saying that they are crazy so why would they make it up because they are bored or want attention? I'm not saying that it is all true what they claim, (because obviously I wasn't there). In the same regards, you weren't there as well so you can't 100% say they are lying. Really the only way we can know for sure is if we see them ourselves one day. All I know is that these guys are pretty respectable people for the most part so I don't know why they would want to tarnish their reputations by making up stories about spacecrafts.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThenThanCorrectionMan

Originally posted by JimOberg

Mitchell and Cooper also testify that they never encountered UFOs in space or know of any other astronauts who did. This testimony is conveniently omitted.

[edit on 7-5-2010 by JimOberg]

What a very bitter,pety and embarrassing response this is.Those sloppy thinkers as you put it are the same who starred your comment.

Cooper saw a fleet of ufo's flying at altitudes unreachable by conventional aircraft and filmed a ufo landing at Edwards air force base.

Have you any read any report investigating the Cooper stories? Or is it your opinion that the stories must be accepted 100% as claimed with no attempt at corroboration or independent verification? Isn't that a bit careless regarding anecdotal evidence? What should a fair-minded person do when presented with stories like that -- believe them immediately?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join