It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fort Bragg, NC Underground Facility

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I live close to Fort Bragg, North Carolina, and drive through the backwoods of it quite a bit. I've notice some unusual features in the forest floor out there, and recently seen a lot of dump trucks leaving the area with loads of dirt. Granted that's not really unusual, but I was wondering if anybody new if there is a complex underground below this base. I do know that Delta Force has a underground tunnel that leads to the airstrip so that no one can see them leave, but with this base being the biggest on the east coast, and now a 4 star command it seems that there would have to be a enormous complex out there.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
That's where the goatlab is!

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I live on Fort Bragg and I kinda doubt it... Moving dirt here is common because they shoot a lot of artillery here which destroys a lot of ground, leaving massive holes, so they have environmental restoration projects which involves rebuilding the ground, putting dirt in the holes, ect..

Also there's a lot of base expansion/construction going on due to about 10,000 new troops moving to the base, building new barracks and housing. And yes they are building new Delta and Special Forces compounds as well... Lived here on and off for 6 years and have never really seen anything strange going on...

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Is there any proof of this underground tunnel for special ops to reach their airplane. It's not like you can launch an airplane in NC without attracting attention since it has to go through civilian air traffic control. Thus I don't see what security such a tunnel would provide.

Further, some special ops goes through Pope, which is hardly secure these days, and certainly doesn't have a secret tunnel.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by gariac

Most of the time they depart at 2-3AM without a lot of fanfare, when it's fairly deserted.

There's also a new "computational facility" at FB, although I'm pretty sure it's not underground, it supports data mining.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Im near FB too
and I've never heard of a D.U.M.B.S.
facility there, not saying there isn't.

As far as the dirt trucks
that could be just about anything
as they are always doing some sort
of construction on base all the time.

But if u get any pics of it
please post'em

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
In Springlake which is about 10 miles from post, there is a compound for Delta used as a meeting building. Its actually in the middle of the woods literally. It does have a helipad too. There is also a C & C facility inside of another building near the ballfield as your going to the ranges. Its non descript but contains a simple yet ultra modern communications room, meeting/conference room and milnet conference system that operations command level personnel can speak & see any other collegue from any where in the world. Delta also has another (only heard about this one but I trust the source as he works there) facility somewhere on or near the base that is supposedly their "bread & butter" place. What that actually equates into is just an assumtion as thats all the info on that I have.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I'm not sure if Delta Force using their aircraft is intel of use to anyone. Other than the occasional violation of Posse Comitatas they do, Delta Force is employed in a foreign theater. They need to stage before doing any action, so the fact Elvis left the building isn't particularly useful. Now the arrival of Delta Force at your perimeter is another story!

Anytime someone mentions "underground", my first thought is what value will "underground' provide. In many cases, a little bit of an underground lair is useful, such as the underground scheme used to hide pole models at Helendale prior to performing RCS tests.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by gariac

I hear ya! When I hear of "underground base" I always wonder how much info regarding it is actually fact or speculation. In my opinion I think most real underground facilitys are somewhat well know rather than "secret" only because of the massive amount of attention drawn to them during construction. When Cheyenne Mountain was built the military wanted to keep it secret and off the radar grids of the public but, fat chance. Many knew of it because of dump truck drivers, purchasing locally available construction supplys & services and so. Its better (and more easier) to keep things hidden in plain sight than attempt to hide it underground.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
the one poster talking about a place in the middle of the woods the SF use is probably Camp McKall where they do the SFQC

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
the one poster talking about a place in the middle of the woods the SF use is probably Camp McKall where they do the SFQC

Just saw "Two weeks of Hell" about the SF course there at Camp McCall, on Discover, i think.

They were dropping like flies. The cadre were busting guys left and right cheating during the night land navigation part. Those guys were just beat to hell and exhausted.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
yup, i know some of the cadre shown on there, dropout rate/removal rate is really high

BTW that 2 weeks of hell is JUST the Q course, its like the Navy SEAL BUD/S training

[edit on 19/8/10 by HomerinNC]

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

Camp Mackall / Mackall Airfield isn't the one.

Take Hwy 210 towards Lillington and its out that way before you get to the river.

[edit on 8/22/2010 by mikelee]

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   
you here in NC? wanna do a road trip?

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Haven't lived there since 2003 but had a ball while I did!

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   
I oughta ask the SF training Cadre I know about this

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   

I'm sure they'll be familair.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I am not an expert on the geology near fort bragg, or anywhere else as far as that goes. However, I have underground mining experience and I would think the government would not be digging tunnels in "Dirt".. seems they would be alot deeper, into the bedrock... Now, if you see alot of #9 size rocks or larger chunks coming out, I'd be suspicious. Other than that, the "dirt" layer really isn't all that deep..
Just an observation..

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by caucazoid69

I live near Fayetteville so whatever dirt they got to dig in, we got less! Know what you mean there. I was referring to an above ground site however, not an underground one.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   
thought you said you didnt live in fayetteville anymore

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join