It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kanellos: The Greek Protest Dog

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Dynamitrios

Thanks! The link doesn't work for me, could you try posting again? (In case you don't know yet just put the stuff after the = in the link)

-E-

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
This also reminds me of the story of the 'Swansea Jack.'
Some dog that saved some sailors in the 1800s in my area.
Not sure if its true or a legend.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterE

www.youtube.com...

Thats the only way i could post the link.

the vid tells Kanellos story, but its all in greek, at least you can hear the song which has incredibly strong lyrics (also Greek ^^, it basically says that if you "wak e up" the whole world will turn upside down, very revolutionary, but in a good way) but you ll get the feeling.
That was the vid which i took the info about the dog from. It has also some pictures.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Reminds me of this. Dogs are lovely, maybe the rioters think the police will not harm the dog.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I always liked Greeks. That this handsome guy can be in the thick of it without harm impresses me HUGELY!
I can't imagine why.
You can't fool a dog.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Awesome!

Just saw him on CNN as they did a long shot on a big crowd of protesters and he was front and center barking at the riot police.

[edit on 5/7/2010 by H.P. Wormwood]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
When I got home today I gave my dog (Bella) a little extra TLC and she protested when I stopped rubbing her belly! She's not quite the activist that our Greek friend is, but she may become that way if it hit the fan here!

-E-

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
That's awesome, what a cool dog. I wish I could adopt him and give him a good home

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I missed this thread in the search and posted a thread on this. I was kindly referred to this thread. I must say that this is quite extraordinary. It makes me wonder if the dog actually belongs to the photographer. It would make sense as he's always in the shot. He has the best of both worlds, he gets world-wide exposure plus he gets to protest!

Edit: S&F btw

[edit on 5/7/2010 by UberL33t]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   

[edit on 7-5-2010 by spacebot]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Obviously a double agent! Just look at that face! Trickery I say! Kanellos is there to open eyes of all dog lovers, and doing a fine job at it as well! The thought of who "Trained" him is what bothers me. I am going with the half glass full optimism. What a fine self made dog Kanellos seems to be.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I don't think the night shot is the same dog. The muzzle is too heavy, the overall body habitus looks thicker, and the ears look larger to me.

Having said that, is sure looks like the same friggin' dog in every other shot. That pooch gets around!

It's a conspiracy site.

My vote:

Alien construct sent to monitor the monkeys in their unrest.

'Bu heez so-cute-izint-he!?'

You're all suckers, bamboozled by the alien agenda. (Stupid, alien-spy dog.)

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   

i love that dog. long live greece, long live loukanikos. (thats his name apparently)

www.guardian.co.uk...
news.yahoo.com...
www.thisblogrules.com...

[edit on 7-5-2010 by TheCoffinman]

[edit on 8-5-2010 by TheCoffinman]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
The beautiful thing about a dog is that once you’re friends, it will stand by you through thick and thin, with no ifs, ands or buts about it.

Although Greek dogs are probably a bit more cultured than American dogs, it seems they both have a mutual distrust of the law.

“ A dawg is a man’s best friend, god bless him …"

[edit on 7-5-2010 by seasoul]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
OK, let me see... That dog is Greek, and it protests against tyranny? Where have I seen that theme? Ah yes, on ATS.

Hey folks, we already have our OWN one of those

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonsmusic

In case one doesn't understand that, of course I mean Schro

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by seasoul

That vid was great!!!

-E-

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Perhaps he is one of the biblical "witnesses", heralding the second coming and the end-times.

After all, who REALLY cares more about man than a dog?
They don't even judge us, and we know we are friggin' guilty of just about everything.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fb20bd597155.jpg[/atsimg]

Let his work be done and don't be surprised if you see Angels wearing flea-collars.

- Lee

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
ugh!
Need more coffee...
Self Edit...

[edit on 7-5-2010 by silo13]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Dynamitrios

Thanks for posting all that info

That was one great dog !

The dog in the OP's pictures looks like a shepard mix, and the dog in the video looks like maybe a pit mix. Am I right in guessing that the dog in the video is the original Kanellos, and the one is the pics is one of the dogs that seem to have taken up his fight ?

I was amazed to find out that he was born in and allowed to live in a university. I think it's great that the people of Athens allow stray dogs to live freely insted of locking them in cages, or killing them.

It's sad to hear that he suffered from the chemicals that they used on him, and that he is no longer here, but I'm happy that people loved and took care of him. He most certainly deserved it

The people of Athens must be really good people if the stray dogs take a stand for them

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join