It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hospital bills for imaginary services, did it happen to you?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Does this count as Black Budget funding evidence?

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Pharyax

Oh, another example of medical theivery rearing its ugly head? Say it isn't so.

Yes contact your insurance agency and I'm sure they'll be very interested in what you have to say.

That is unless it wasn't covered by them. In which case they couldn't care less about your plight.

Then you will need to sue the hospital if that eventually becomes the case. There are plenty of lawyers well versed in this crap now because of all of the monetary slights these thieves keep trying to pull these days so that they can drive bigger and newer BMWs to the office.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by warequalsmurder

I would be delighted if you would address any of the points I've made regarding your claims. To this point, all you've done is attack my character, which really doesn't say much for your argument. What's that saying about ad hominems being the last resort of the weakly defended argument?

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pharyax
A friend of mine got an MRI. Well, they called afterwards and said "we forgot to inject the contrast before the MRI"

So they need her to come back for another MRI.

And she was CHARGED for the moron's mistake. Should she have to pay? What do you do in that instance? I'd call my insurance and tell them?

No, she shouldn't have to pay. In cases like that (called a "never event" in Medicare lingo), neither the patient nor the insurance company is responsible for payment. She should discuss this both with her insurance company and the hospital.

[edit on 5/8/2010 by VneZonyDostupa]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Wrong. Nutrition has been enhanced by food being more abundant and accessible to the people. You will need to be more specific on what you actually think that medical biochemistry has done for nutrition rather than making a vague blanket statement that provides no supporting evidence such as this one was.

More specific? No problem. We've found that certain individuals need more or less of a give nutrient (enzyme deficiencies, GI issues, etc.). We've found that certain sources of protein/carbs are better or worse for health, we've created diets that allow diabetic patients to live long, healthy lives as opposed to the short lives of previous generations. We've also created preservation methods that allow these abundant foods you describe to be shipped to areas where certain foods can't be grown or produced. Need more examples?

And as mentioned above, more abundant food availability coupled with better sanitary practices which will be mentioned below.

Sanitary practices were developed as a result of the Germ theory, hence proving my point that medicine directly results in a longer lifepspan.

When I have a cut on my skin I've seen the results of Colloidal Silver vs. your medical disnfectants. The Colloidal Silver heals the wound 3 times faster and the skin surroundind the cut never even turns pink. So don't give me this line of bull with your medical disinfectants because I've seen the proof to the contrary first hand.....Doc.

First, you don't use disinfectant on skin, you use antiseptic. Perhaps you should learn the terminology before you claim everyone else is so "clueless". Also, if colloidal silver were so effective...don't you think a pharmaceutical company would have patented some form of it and sold it? People always claim that pharma companies don't do this because of some delusion that you can't patent naturally occuring compounds, but they do it all the time.

So, explain to me why not a single large pharmaceutical company has patented and sold this product?

Hygiene has been improved more through the correct disposal of waste (regular trash removal from a premises). Education as to bathing more often (regular soap has been around a lot longer than your medical disnfectants Doc) and the more abundant use of plumbing that removes human waste. I'll take a toilet over your bottle of hand sanitizer any day of the week Doc.

And why were bathing and hygiene common events? Because people started making a correlation between filth and disease. This is, again, the Germ theory, which is a cornerstone of modern medicine. So, once again, my hat is off to you for proving my point.

I'm also very happy that you chose to flaunt your pride here. It gives us a glimpse into the shallowness of your soul. But alas, I haven't met a Western Medicine Doctor yet who didn't try and intimidate a patient with this exact foolish ploy that you just attempted. Pathetic.

I'm not intimidating anyone. I just think that you're a very disingenuous snake-oil salesman with an axe to grind.

Let me know how those western therapies shake out when all of your hair does just that due to chemotherapy treatments!

I sure will. While you're at it, why don't you ask breast cancer patients about chemo, too. 95% of woman who received such therapy went into remission, so there are plenty for you to poll.

[edit on 8-5-2010 by warequalsmurder]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join