It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Agricultural subsidy corruption in the EU

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
EU Farm Subsidies, the Bulgarian way

macedoniaonline.eu...

The daughter of former Bulgarian agriculture minister Dimitar Peichev received 700,000 euros from EU Farm subsidies.

According to EU Observer, Galina Peicheva-Miteva (27), as a private entity received the largest ever financial injection via EU's farm subsidies. Bulgaria's Agriculture minister simply gifted 700,000 euros to his daughter, despite her lack of involvment with anything related to agriculture.

EU Observer discovered more corruption, across the 27 EU nation states. A Swedish harmonica fans received 60,000 euros in EU Farm subsidies, while a Danish billiard club received 30,000 euros.

The Dutch took money of EU's farm subsidies to gift its ice speed skaters.

This is absolute bull crap! These subsidies are meant to go to the farmers to help them not for this crap!

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Thanks for this excellent post!

It is more important than ever to consider our food sources and take measures to be more involved in procuring our own food from non-government subsidized sources.

Of course, at this point it's impossible to go "off the grid" with food, but steps can be and must be taken.

Grow a garden, folks. There is so much in the process, and it's important to learn how to do these things while we can.

Seeds, sun, and rain are still available! Strength is gained from pushing oneself to take care of these plants, and insight into the natural world is a byproduct of home gardening. It will show a person exactly how they are leashed by the grocery store, and all who supply it, which means all who regulate it.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Good post mate! It's absolute bonkers over here in Europe. This stuff happens all time.

Also money is given to farmers NOT to grow anything, or throw away good produce.

The money blown on "art" to place in the middle of roundabouts, could of easily bailed out Greece. I'm involved with local council a little bit and the backhanders and money wasted is disgusting.

It boggles the mind. And ( I live in the Netherlands ) my application for a proxy vote for yesterdays UK election was stuffed up so my say in any of this was taken away.

And people wonder why the Greek working and middle classes are pissed off. They are paying for exactly this kind of corruption.

new topics

join