It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rapid-fire Sniper takes out five Taliban soldiers from more than a mile away to save British patrol-

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Gone in 28 seconds:

A British sniper shot dead five Taliban gunmen in just 28 seconds to save the lives of comrades walking into an ambush. The marksman felled the rebels from more than a mile away as they prepared to attack troops on foot patrol in Afghanistan.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ba317f4816eb.jpg[/atsimg]

The corporal - whose identity cannot be revealed for security reasons - has killed a record 37 enemy fighters during a four-month tour of duty.

Hiding in an old fort, the sniper prepared his British-built L115A3 Long Range Rifle.

Source: www.dailymail.co.uk...

The story goes from there-read the source articel (sad picture at end that really one doesn't see much-the bad part of wars
( . Good work Sir. If we're gonna be there, you want the best with you. I have two nephews (Iran and Afgan) and it makes me feel good to know there are these snipers/men who stepped up to the plate to do a terrible but needed job. Be safe.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e2273d3f9a81.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
holy crap! im glad hes not on the talibans side.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Wow, that impressive! I had no idea that caliber could reach out so far and so effectively! The Brittish snipers have been on a roll lately!

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Personally I dont see the need to glorify the killing of people. Regardless of who they are. It should be something to be ashamed of.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Firefly_

Yea, just remember that one day when someone saves your ass from getting blown off.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Firefly_

Agree but the word needs to get out to the citizens that their boys are being defended and/or watched over as they do their jobs.

And then to the Enemy. Sends out a very clear message. Don't mess with Us!

I am sure the enemy would have dragged those British soldiers thru the streets had then been successful in their attack. Or hung them up high for all their supporters to mock etc.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I dont believe the targets are out there waiting with marshmallows and sticks around cozy little campfires ready to share hugs and ghost stories,
now are they?
It's the final form of negotiation and the terms are
distance, elevation, and windage.
It's murder if you get killed too, so the river of tears floats the raft youre riding home!

[edit on 7-5-2010 by HappilyEverAfter]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Yet another display of the excellent training and craft of the British Soldier...

It's not nice that this sort of thing is required, but if it was 5 Taliban or 5 squaddies trying to make Afghanistan safer i know who i'd rather see alive afterwards..

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

S+F, Great article, I am glad we have people as talented as this working on our side!

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
... and the daily mail propaganda machine rolls on and on and on and on.

If this story is true in that it went down like this then this sniper certainly earned his pay and he saved life which I can respect being a former soldier myself. However something tells me that this is just a load of sanitised faeces to feed the unthinking masses and I wonder how much more sanitised faeces is up there blocking the pipe just waiting to come sliding down the next time we need to be distracted by patriotic fervour.

Yes I know I am cynical but only when it comes to the media and their motivations - which I do not believe is just for ratings.

Still, great story and if I was an unthinking drone I might go and buy some “HM Armed Forces” for my god son or even talk him into doing his patriotic duty as soon as he is old enough to pick up rifle and “slot a baddy” just on the power of this heart warming story.

Stop the war, bring our troops home!

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
This person is a murderer.

He has no right who to decide who lives or dies.

I think I would rather see the Taliabn survive 'upinirons'. The Taliban never came over to my country and murdered people unlike the british army.

[edit on 7-5-2010 by JohnySeagull]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnySeagull
This person is a murderer.

He has no right who to decide who lives or dies.

I think I would rather see the Taliabn survive 'upinirons'. The Taliban never came over to my country and murdered people unlike the british army.

[edit on 7-5-2010 by JohnySeagull]

He has no right to decide who lives or dies?
I beg to differ, hes the one carrying the big gun =)

These are HIS MEN he was protecting.

Are you saying you wouldnt do the same for yours?

If not, then I am glad I do not know you.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Isn't it weird how easy us humans can be tricked into believing black is white ?

Here we are, an aggressive invading force, Yet we can be manipulated into believing killing people who resist such an invasion is just.........That's Mad !

If my country was invaded i would be resisting it too, and so would you.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnySeagull

No..they stayed in their own country and murdered and opressed for many years instead...

Think yourself lucky you don't live under a similar regime to the Taliban, otherwise you would have already been hanged as part of a public display

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by SmokeJaguar67

Yes Smoke, it's all about getting home,
one way or another just getting home, I agree.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by xX aFTeRm4Th Xx

First off, there is no freedom, wake up.

Second the brits illegally invaded my country and butchered many people like they have done across the world.

Third, can you please explain why this army is even in afganistan? Seriously. Why is the british army in that country. Afganistan has done nothing against the UK.

Wake up!!!!!

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Firefly_
Personally I dont see the need to glorify the killing of people. Regardless of who they are. It should be something to be ashamed of.

I don't know why I'm wasteing my time responding to this stupid responce, but here it goes.
Yeah, your right. It would've been far better for that patrol to get killed in an ambush.

Now for the HERO:
If I could, I'd buy that sniper
Way to go guy (huge round of applause) a round of beers. Fantastic job.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Chance321

YES! Don't you sometimes wish you could be sitting at a bar and meeting this guy (or ones like him). Just to shoot the s... and get his real insights to the jobs HE HAD TO DO.

Did you see the last pic in the article. Looks like some of those fellow members could have used his protection. Such brave men.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join